“Very Disappointed! -” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Royal Palm Bay
You added Royal Palm Bay to your Saves list
2029 Royal Palm Bay Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 32747   |
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Very Disappointed! -”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A group of us went on a family vacation to stay at the Florida Vacation Villa Club 1 resort. To our surprise, we had been booked at the Royal Palm Bay resort. We arrived very late; around 11pm that night and after driving for the past 18 hours, we were exhausted and anxiously awaiting a hot shower and a comfortable bed. As I was trying to enter the unit, I was most upset to smell urine right outside of the door. That was not good. As we entered, I'm not really seeing everything that well because I am tired and it's dark. Well, we unloaded and tried to get settled and when I had gone into the Master Suite and the master bath: omagosh! I was speechless and I didn't want to stay there. Please excuse my very detailed and graphic information. it is not my intent to offend anyone but I do want to share the truth of what we experienced. I had to clean the toilet seat: there was blood on it. There was a wash cloth that had a yellow stain on it that was supposed to be clean for us to use. I had to wear my flip flops in order to take a shower. I didn't want to get in the bed. The furniture was very worn and it showed. None of the TVs worked in the unit. In the second/hall bath, there was pubic hair in the tub. the soap in the shower was used and brown. It was disgusting. The blanket on the beds in the third bedroom was stained and there was a dead fly/bug in the refrigerator and the ice cube tray had black spots dried up on the ice cubes. The dining room table had not been cleaned from the last group that had been there. It was utterly disgusting and unsanitary and awful to be in such a place. We were prepared to wipe down and clean when we got there for our own satisfaction but we were not prepared to "have" to clean because the place was that dirty. When we woke the next morning, my face was swollen and my left eye looked as if someone had punched me in it and this is because my eczema had flared up due to the mold/mildew in the resort. I am very allergic mold/mildew and even when you can not see it. My 8 year old special needs daughter has Eczema and her entire face was swollen and red with little bumps all over it. And the other family that stayed with us had a son and daughter who both has eczema and they were itching and swollen and red. All we knew is that we needed to get out of the place asap! I plan to complain to groupon with this resort because the pictures that are shown on groupon made the place look like a palace. Take a look at the attached pictures and you be the judge. We stayed August 2013. Please do not book at such an awful place. It is not meant for anyone to stay there and especially not for children. As a follow up, I did not get charged by the resort for staying the one night but the manager did say that she should have since we stayed but because we purchased the room/getaway thru groupon, I knew that I needed to talk with them once I returned home. Since the manager told me that she would just let everything go, I reached out my hand to thank her and she did not budge. Wow! How rude can we get. I was happy that we left when we did and we went to a much much nicer and cleaner resort. Don't waste your money on this place. It's a DUMP!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We are staying in an upper 3 bedroom. Plenty of space. Nothing is really high end but our own home isn't very high end either. Very straight forward place. Easy to get to but about 5-10 minutes farther than I'd like but this isn't a problem. I'm not sure about the other units but the rental mgr for this one seems to keep up. I will recommend if you are looking for an affordable home away from home.

Stayed September 2012
KISSIMMEE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

There is a war waging between the nasty old folks and the people who have children. It is ridiculous that kids between 10 and 16 are being yelled at for using the park, going into the clubhouse to use the vending machine, the bathroom or get a drink of water. When they are at the pool WITH an adult the old people scowl if they splash jump or ya know act like children in any way... and make the security guard reprimand them. Other than that the units are nice and comfortable. The grounds however that's another story. The tennis court is more like a run down ripped up parking lot. the sand park is a giant litter box for all the stray cats and the the "picnic" area is a wreck

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

It's true these condos are not new, as previously reviewed, but ours in block 2046 was just what we needed. It was clean, well equipped, spacious, convenient to all central Floridas attractions and great value for money. It has a fair sized club house, with wifi, swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym. We had a great time here.

• Stayed March 2012
Mid-State, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We spent a week here and were very pleased with the accomodations. The unit is very spacious and quiet. We stayed in a condo that was on the second floor and hardly ever heard any noise from neighbors. Most of our days were spent at Disney Parks but we did manage to get a few afternoons at the pool and spa. That was relaxing! The rooms are quite big with a large living area, nice sized dining area and plenty of space in the bedrooms. This property is well away from traffic noise and only a short 10 minute ride to any Theme Park. There are 2 bathrooms to allow for everyone to get ready each morning. The grounds are clean, the pool area is very nice and the entire stay was just what we expected.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed in a condo at Royal Palm Bay last year and had a great holiday the pool is open until 10pm which was late enough for us & the condo that we stayed in was to a very high standard with a new kitchen & appliances. We booked our condo through Magical Memories who were very helpful. We have booked to go again this year.

Room Tip: Book through Magical Memories