“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
New Jersey
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

We staye there for 1 week and it was Great. We were on the 7th floor right over the big pool and when we closed the sliding glass doors we did not hear a sound. Thr room was beautiful and we had a great time, I wished we had stay 2 weeks. Will go back

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

We stayed at Vacaion Village for two weeks and cannot believe how fabulous this place is. It has everything for a home away from home. We stayed in the large unit and it was immaculate.
The gym and Internet room were added attractions.
The kids loved the wildlife preserve where they could feed the fish, ducks and turtles.
The whole complex is really lovely. They are still building more units and a mini waterpark as well.
We have been staying in Orlando for over twenty years and normally we stay inside the parks, but we have outgrown hotel rooms and now we feel like we have found a real jewel...so much so, that we are buying two timeshares there.
Cannot wait to go back!

• Liked — Proximity to the theme parks
  • Disliked — liked everything
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lewistown, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

An RCI exchange for us. 1 bedroom/1 bath. 2 adults and 1 child went. Very close quarters for 3 people. The accommadations are ok. Nothing fancy. Towels are paper thin and scratchy. Kitchen is SMALL, but I do not go on vacation to cook so I did not mind that much. Pools are nice, but if yuo do not get there early there are NO CHAIRS to be had. You are not supposed to "save" pool chairs, but you will see all kinds of empty chairs with towels on them being saved. Pissed me off. It's an ok place if you aren't looking for the Ritz or Ritz prices.

• Liked — Palm trees
  • Disliked — Cheap building materials and towels
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

My husband and I (no kids) booked the resort through RCI. Having read previous reviews, we chose to stay on the "A" side, which was a great choice. The room had a full refrigerator, range, microwave, sink, and plates/glasses, cookware, etc. It also came with a washer and dryer. The bathroom had 2 sinks, a 1/2 bath and toilet, the bedroom had a jacuzzi and a king sized bed(very comfy) and TV. The place also had a living room/dining room and a nice patio. We thought the room was great.

The pool was nice (crowded with kids of course). The lights from the pool stay on until 11:30pm and are very bright. We were on the 4th floor of building 10, so the pool noise didn't bother us, but if we had been on lower floors, it may have been an issue. The resort is in a great location: Very close to Disney, and only 15 minutes away from Universal and Wet n Wild (water park). The check-in was very easy, however, I would strongly suggest NOT doing the "free meal" and "tour". Whatever they tell you, it is a ploy to sell you a timeshare, and they don't let you go at your own pace, as was told to us. It is a waste of 3-5 hours and it's not worth the "prize" unless you want to own a timeshare. If you do, they started off at 26,000/unit, and eventually dropped it to 6,000/unit before they would let us go.

Our room didn't have any hand soap when we arrived, and we just thought that if we called for some, they would put it in our room. However, that's not the case:so if you have any problem, you have to wait in your room until someone comes.

• Liked — Spacious, close to attractions
  • Disliked — easy to smell what neighbors are cooking
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We were at the resort over Easter. Because of this busy holiday we didn't know what to expect, but did have a pleasant stay. The staff was really nice and check-in and check-out was a breeze. We stayed in the B side and it was big enough for my husband, myself and our small child. The kitchen had a full size fridge, toaster, microwave and coffee maker. There was a hair dryer, iron, washing machine and dryer in our room. We did attend the timeshare meeting and it was informational. There was some pressure to buy a unit but we did not purchase a unit. The things about the resort that I would say were negative were that the pool lights, I mean BRIGHT LIGHTS stayed on until 11:00pm. Therefore, there was a bright light in your room at night. Luckily we were so exhausted from the parks that we simply closed our eyes and blocked out the lights. Also the mattresses were thin and uncomfortable.
To conclude: The resort was clean and the location is very close to the parks. We would stay here in the future.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mattresses
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

For starters, my wife booked this trip through RCI. We were told by the customer service rep at RCI that this was an excellent resort and was extremely "kid-friendly". Nothing could have been further from the truth. Before I go into detail, let me say I was supposed to be there for 2 weeks and as I write this review, my wife and I with our 2 young girls, 6 and 5, are now staying at the Nickelodeon Suites.
Vacation Villages is by far the worst resort we have been to. I will post pictures when we get back to Chicago so you can see what we mean. We stayed in Building 6 which we were told was one of the newer buildings, I doubt this very seriously. If that is true, then they need to get new maintenance people, because the place smelled and was down right in need of serious upkeep.Not to mention the units are extremely small, basically they are oversized hotel rooms. I guess teh part that convinced us it was not for us was when we ended up at Celebration Health( a hospital) Emergency Room, with our 5 year old. She went out on our patio area and slipped and ended up with a nice "egg" on her head. Granted kids will have their spills, but this definitely would have been avoided if the patio had a slip resistant surface to it. We have been at other resorts where kids are catered to and they have slip resistant floors.
So, my advice is if you want to save yourself some aggravation and a potential trip to the ER with your kids, stay away from this place, it is not for families with kids!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Woodbine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

Overall we were very happy. I wasn't happy that they weren't able to give us a early check in, plan on waiting until 4:00 p.m. (our flight arrived at 8:30 a.m. and the only facilities they offered us was a dirty pool bath to change in) Check in is 4:00 p.m. and that is exactly when we got our room. The towel exchange was confusing. The grounds and building were well maintained. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The only thing in the room I disliked was the kitchen and bath cabinets, they were cheap and didn't really match the level of finishes in the room. They had daily activities, pool stayed open late and they had large lights that beamed light into the "courtyard like" pool area (and unfortunely into your room all night long). The pool also created alot of noise, it would echo off the buildings making it seem louder then it was. Yet we really loved our stay. The location was good. People were having fun. The grounds were very tropical. After a day of site seeing, parks, etc. it was really nice to come back to such a nice room. They also provided free, limited internet and had a gym. I would recommend and I would go back.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!