“Good vacation resort” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
missouri
“Good vacation resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

My husband and I (no kids) booked the resort through RCI. Having read previous reviews, we chose to stay on the "A" side, which was a great choice. The room had a full refrigerator, range, microwave, sink, and plates/glasses, cookware, etc. It also came with a washer and dryer. The bathroom had 2 sinks, a 1/2 bath and toilet, the bedroom had a jacuzzi and a king sized bed(very comfy) and TV. The place also had a living room/dining room and a nice patio. We thought the room was great.

The pool was nice (crowded with kids of course). The lights from the pool stay on until 11:30pm and are very bright. We were on the 4th floor of building 10, so the pool noise didn't bother us, but if we had been on lower floors, it may have been an issue. The resort is in a great location: Very close to Disney, and only 15 minutes away from Universal and Wet n Wild (water park). The check-in was very easy, however, I would strongly suggest NOT doing the "free meal" and "tour". Whatever they tell you, it is a ploy to sell you a timeshare, and they don't let you go at your own pace, as was told to us. It is a waste of 3-5 hours and it's not worth the "prize" unless you want to own a timeshare. If you do, they started off at 26,000/unit, and eventually dropped it to 6,000/unit before they would let us go.

Our room didn't have any hand soap when we arrived, and we just thought that if we called for some, they would put it in our room. However, that's not the case:so if you have any problem, you have to wait in your room until someone comes.

• Liked — Spacious, close to attractions
  • Disliked — easy to smell what neighbors are cooking
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We were at the resort over Easter. Because of this busy holiday we didn't know what to expect, but did have a pleasant stay. The staff was really nice and check-in and check-out was a breeze. We stayed in the B side and it was big enough for my husband, myself and our small child. The kitchen had a full size fridge, toaster, microwave and coffee maker. There was a hair dryer, iron, washing machine and dryer in our room. We did attend the timeshare meeting and it was informational. There was some pressure to buy a unit but we did not purchase a unit. The things about the resort that I would say were negative were that the pool lights, I mean BRIGHT LIGHTS stayed on until 11:00pm. Therefore, there was a bright light in your room at night. Luckily we were so exhausted from the parks that we simply closed our eyes and blocked out the lights. Also the mattresses were thin and uncomfortable.
To conclude: The resort was clean and the location is very close to the parks. We would stay here in the future.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mattresses
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

For starters, my wife booked this trip through RCI. We were told by the customer service rep at RCI that this was an excellent resort and was extremely "kid-friendly". Nothing could have been further from the truth. Before I go into detail, let me say I was supposed to be there for 2 weeks and as I write this review, my wife and I with our 2 young girls, 6 and 5, are now staying at the Nickelodeon Suites.
Vacation Villages is by far the worst resort we have been to. I will post pictures when we get back to Chicago so you can see what we mean. We stayed in Building 6 which we were told was one of the newer buildings, I doubt this very seriously. If that is true, then they need to get new maintenance people, because the place smelled and was down right in need of serious upkeep.Not to mention the units are extremely small, basically they are oversized hotel rooms. I guess teh part that convinced us it was not for us was when we ended up at Celebration Health( a hospital) Emergency Room, with our 5 year old. She went out on our patio area and slipped and ended up with a nice "egg" on her head. Granted kids will have their spills, but this definitely would have been avoided if the patio had a slip resistant surface to it. We have been at other resorts where kids are catered to and they have slip resistant floors.
So, my advice is if you want to save yourself some aggravation and a potential trip to the ER with your kids, stay away from this place, it is not for families with kids!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Woodbine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

Overall we were very happy. I wasn't happy that they weren't able to give us a early check in, plan on waiting until 4:00 p.m. (our flight arrived at 8:30 a.m. and the only facilities they offered us was a dirty pool bath to change in) Check in is 4:00 p.m. and that is exactly when we got our room. The towel exchange was confusing. The grounds and building were well maintained. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The only thing in the room I disliked was the kitchen and bath cabinets, they were cheap and didn't really match the level of finishes in the room. They had daily activities, pool stayed open late and they had large lights that beamed light into the "courtyard like" pool area (and unfortunely into your room all night long). The pool also created alot of noise, it would echo off the buildings making it seem louder then it was. Yet we really loved our stay. The location was good. People were having fun. The grounds were very tropical. After a day of site seeing, parks, etc. it was really nice to come back to such a nice room. They also provided free, limited internet and had a gym. I would recommend and I would go back.

Stayed April 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

I just got back and I can say that if you want a resort that is nice and is close to everything and you will like to do at Disney or Sea World. This is the place for you. Yes, there is some noise coming from the pool but if you have kids well, it's most likely that, that is your kid down there making the noise. If you would like to stay at the resort for the day or two and just relax. They have activities going on through out the day for you and the kids. Or just go to the activities center and check out movies for free and play ping-pong.
My son loved this place and I would go back.

• Liked — kitchen, pool
  • Disliked — far away to check e-mail
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

This property is very average for the Orlando area. There is nothing pretty or attractive about the resort itself, but it is 10 minutes from most of the Disney attractions.

1 Bed Unit: The bigger of the 2 types of 1 bedroom units are big, but they are very sloppy inside. Ours must have been freshly painted in the last month or so because there were dried paint drippings everywhere; it looked like a 3 yr. old had done it. One of the screen doors fell off when I touched it; the A/C gauge was off by 4-6 degrees, making you think it was cooler than it was (do you think that was coincidence?!); one of the stove burners did not work. There are NO ceiling fans in the unit at all...

Pool: if you check in early, ask for some pool towels as they are kept in your room - none at the pool. It is nice that they have some instant lemonade at the pool, but don't get thirsty after about 3p; they don't bring out any more cups. The buildings are so close to the pool, that you better get your sun by 300p or you will be in the shade.

STAFF: front desk wasn't very friendly as has been our experience with RCI resorts...they didn't say a word when we gave them our keys to check out...literally.

DON'T SETTLE FOR AVERAGE WHEN THERE IS A LOT OUT THERE MUCH BETTER!

Stayed March 2007
new smyrna beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

Nice large, very clean place that is super for groups because each suite has it's own living room, bedroom, bath ,and full kitchen with washer and dryer. Close to all the parks, restaurants and shopping.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!