“Home away from home!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
chicago
“Home away from home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

My family of three stayed 8 nights in the larger unit A. We were very pleased with the room that we had, alot of space very clean and felt like home. We asked to stay in one of the newer units and was given bldg. #12. Was never bothered by time share sales, left message once. Check-in and check out was very speedy. We will only stay here when we visit Disney World again, I can't imagine a better place to stay for the value!!

Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
El Dorado Hills, Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

We stayed here for a week on an RCI exchange. We had the A and B together since we had the kids and grandkids with us. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the room and grounds very clean and containing all the necessary items. Not sure what part of Vacation Village the people had that said the furniture was junk, it was noisy, and not very clean. I found none of that! We stay at a number of timeshares (own two) and this is really one of the better ones we have stayed at in awhile. Very close to Disney and all the Orlando attractions. We were in building nine, seventh floor.

Stayed January 2007
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

This is a timeshare resort and we were there last december for one week.

They tried to get us into a timeshare presentation but when we refused at check-in they did not bother us anymore (except for a couple of letter under the door that we ignored).

This place is great. The units are spacious, very clean and very nice. We had a room facing the parking lot but we did not mind to much since we spend most of our days at Disney. If you can get a pool view I guess it is even better.

There is also a washer/dryer in the unit so it is very practical if you are traveling with kids. And the Jacuzzi in the bedroom is a nice touch.

There is a big playground for the kids near building #1 and there are activities every day.

The pools are clean and warm and there are a lot of chairs around it so you won't have trouble to find a good place.

The good :

Nice pools
Big playground
Big units, very clean
Free internet access
Very close to Disney and Universal

The Bad :

The lobby is very far away from the units buildings so you need you car to get there. (Internet and Gym in the lobby building)

Stayed December 2006
Port St. Lucie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

We’ve stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway three times in the past year and half on RCI exchanges.

1st visit July 2005 - Two adults and two children. We stayed in building nine on the second floor in a unit B partial kitchen. Parking was limited, they had part of the parking lot gated off, they were working on phase three. I knew that this would be a small unit and it was. The kitchen area has a full refrigerator, no stove, no dishwasher, but has a convention microware oven combination. The area was small with a single sink and small counter space. Building 9 and 10 are built in a V shape. This causes the noise from the pool area to echo. Our second floor room faced the pool. Between the spotlights that shine from the rooftops on the 7th floor, the sounds of people having fun at the pool, and the music that is played at the pool, it’s very difficult to sleep before 11:30 pm. The pool is cleared out and they turn off the spotlights at this time. When I was watching the TV in the bedroom the remote control interacted with the TV in the living room. You will have to close the bedroom doors when watching TV. The unit was not soundproofed. One morning as I was lying in bed and I heard a person in the unit next to us sneeze, I said bless you and he said thank you. We continuous heard noises from above and water run from the pipes, if you are a light sleeper this may bother you. We couldn’t get hot water. I heated water in the microwave to wash the dishes. Showers were luke warm. I had a visit from the maintenance dept. because the people in unit A complained that their a/c was not cooling, I was told that I needed to keep my a/c on 72, because unit A & B shared air handlers. On the third day the pool water looked green, I asked the pool guy if something was wrong with the water, he said that it was the reflection of the foliage. As a pool owner I knew something was wrong. We decided to walk over and use the pools at phase one. They have a great area including two pools, a mushroom pool, BBQ grills, a large playground, and a natural path (my youngest son loved feeding the fish, turtles and ducks here). On the fourth day the water was definitely green. I was shocked to see that they were allowing children in the pool. Later that night when we returned from Disney they had the pool roped off. They drained the pool on the fifth day and the pool was closed for the remainder of our stay. We didn’t mind, we were able to sleep easier and we liked the pool area at phase one better, I hope that the children who were playing in the pool with such green water didn’t get sick. Our unit had a VCR. VCR and DVD movies are available free at the registration office with a $5 deposit. The BBQ grills require a $25 deposit. Overall the only complains I had was the lack of soundproofing and hot water. This did not interfere with our vacation..

2nd stay June 2006 - One adult and one child. . We stayed in phase one, building four in a B unit on the fourth floor facing the parking lot. Soundproofing was much better. I’m a light sleeper and the noises I heard did not infer with sleeping. We had plenty of hot water. Changes since our last stay the BBQ grill keys and equipments do not require a deposit and can be signed out at the pool area. My son loved roasting marshmallows nightly. Phase three buildings are completed and the second natural walk is open. An activity center is open and is in a trailer located next to building six. The Internet room was moved to the arcade room and added more computers from 3 to 6.

3rd stay Dec. 2006 - One adult and one child. We stayed in phase one, building four in a B unit facing the playground on the sixth floor. I was missing dish detergent, soap and dishtowels. I called housekeeping and within a few minutes I had all the soap we needed. Only one complain, I’m allergic to onions and the people in unit A were cooking onions and I had a reaction, but I always travel with Benadry. I guess since units share air condition handles cooking smells travel within units.

This resort has the worst design. The hallways are enclosed. Just think when everyone is cooking the smells travels within each other’s units and into the hallways. The hallways are dark and smells (see photo). They are carpeted except for the first floor, which is tiled, do not stay on 1st floor unless you don’t mind listing to luggage carts rolling on tile flooring. The road needs resurffing. The registration office is nearly a 1/2 mile from building 7. The pools are step-down entry only no zero entry pools or handicap lifts. The basketball court is not a court at all it’s the side parking lot of the registration office. They don’t check guests at the pools. Lack of security - this is not a gated resort. Anyone can enter the pool area and the buildings. However after six pm you will need a key to enter buildings. You can’t check out board games from the activity center. Rooms are getting dated, you can see in photos that the carpet is getting worn and lifting up and the bathroom bottom vanity is warping. The positive sides the location is great, love the natural walks, friendly staff, large playground, gas BBQ grills, nice workout and Internet room. I would not buy here, but would definitely stay here again. Resort is clean and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed December 2006
Seattle area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

Our family of 4 stayed for a week as a timeshare trade and we were more than satisfied with our time at VV at Parkway. My husband would probably give the gym a less than stellar review (too small) but other than that, thumbs up all the way. The pools are warm and not too crowded, plenty of lounge chairs all around, approximately 5-6 "activities" each day, ranging from ping-pong tourneys, to free snow cones poolside, to bingo, to scavenger hunts. Helpful, enthusiastic staff, although we didn't have much reason to call on them since almost everything was to our liking. Oh, one more complaint, no hair products (shampoo) in the bathrooms, although I'm not sure that is standard in this type of accommodation. Big-screen TV in our living room!

The internet room contained about 7 computers, and depending on the time of day, was either completely empty or standing room only with teens taking turns checking their MySpace pages and messaging with friends back home. Great location close to I-4 and the Disney parks, and less than a mile from the great little town of Celebration, a must-see sort of Disneyesque burg with beautiful homes which look like classic reproductions. Drive through and check it out! Also, the Kobe Japanese Steak House less than a block from the resort was fantastic! Teppanyaki style cook-at-your-table fare - extremely entertaining and yummy.

• Liked — Activities
  • Tips/Secrets — Kobe Japanese Steak House less than a block away
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chris in lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2006

We found PARKWAY to be very clean and the guest service was brilliant....for instance..when we arrived at our appartment we didn't have enough hangers in the wardrobe, we telephoned the service desk and 10 minutes later our extra hangers appeared.
Disney is only a 5 minute drive away and the ARABIAN NIGHTS SHOW is straight across the road.
HIGHWAY 192 is the place to find eating places, with buffets costing $25 for two and all you can eat. BEWARE.....We got ourselves into a timeshare meeting and it was arrendous, so if you get asked kindly refuse.
This was our first trip to FLORIDA and would recommend THE PARKWAY, we would certainly go back again, in fact we hope to go again in 2007.
FINALLY A CAR IS A MUST AND WITH PETROL ABOUT A £1 A GALLON YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!!

• Liked — location and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — buy discount tickets from "bobbys world" for disney..location on 192 next to pizza hut at Old Town.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
green bay, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2006

Excellent, large, clean rooms with lots of extras. Pool was nice, although not great for kids. Great place for kids. Excellent location.

• Liked — Clean, large, location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!