“Very satisfied with our stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Seattle area
“Very satisfied with our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

Our family of 4 stayed for a week as a timeshare trade and we were more than satisfied with our time at VV at Parkway. My husband would probably give the gym a less than stellar review (too small) but other than that, thumbs up all the way. The pools are warm and not too crowded, plenty of lounge chairs all around, approximately 5-6 "activities" each day, ranging from ping-pong tourneys, to free snow cones poolside, to bingo, to scavenger hunts. Helpful, enthusiastic staff, although we didn't have much reason to call on them since almost everything was to our liking. Oh, one more complaint, no hair products (shampoo) in the bathrooms, although I'm not sure that is standard in this type of accommodation. Big-screen TV in our living room!

The internet room contained about 7 computers, and depending on the time of day, was either completely empty or standing room only with teens taking turns checking their MySpace pages and messaging with friends back home. Great location close to I-4 and the Disney parks, and less than a mile from the great little town of Celebration, a must-see sort of Disneyesque burg with beautiful homes which look like classic reproductions. Drive through and check it out! Also, the Kobe Japanese Steak House less than a block from the resort was fantastic! Teppanyaki style cook-at-your-table fare - extremely entertaining and yummy.

• Liked — Activities
  • Tips/Secrets — Kobe Japanese Steak House less than a block away
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
chris in lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2006

We found PARKWAY to be very clean and the guest service was brilliant....for instance..when we arrived at our appartment we didn't have enough hangers in the wardrobe, we telephoned the service desk and 10 minutes later our extra hangers appeared.
Disney is only a 5 minute drive away and the ARABIAN NIGHTS SHOW is straight across the road.
HIGHWAY 192 is the place to find eating places, with buffets costing $25 for two and all you can eat. BEWARE.....We got ourselves into a timeshare meeting and it was arrendous, so if you get asked kindly refuse.
This was our first trip to FLORIDA and would recommend THE PARKWAY, we would certainly go back again, in fact we hope to go again in 2007.
FINALLY A CAR IS A MUST AND WITH PETROL ABOUT A £1 A GALLON YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!!

• Liked — location and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — buy discount tickets from "bobbys world" for disney..location on 192 next to pizza hut at Old Town.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
green bay, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2006

Excellent, large, clean rooms with lots of extras. Pool was nice, although not great for kids. Great place for kids. Excellent location.

• Liked — Clean, large, location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

The property and the room look terrific, but the proof is in the details. The furniture was faux wood (read: plastic) that reminded me of the assemble-it-yourself furniture my brother got at Wal-Mart for his condominium. The bathroom was big, but the towels felt like sandpaper, the showerhead was one of those that Home Depot sells for $2.99 and the water pressure was little more than a trickle. However, the worst part was the bed and pillows. They were way too hard and something I'd expect at Motel 6. I stayed there for 3 nights and didn't sleep well at all. When it comes to grading a hotel, it's all about the bed. The bed, the bed, the bed. For me, the Marriott chain sets the standard in bedding. Their mattresses and pillows are plush but supportive. Moreover, their bath towels are thick and soft and they have adjustable showerheads. I've stayed in many 3- and 4-star Marriotts that provide a much higher quality of furnishings and bedding than this so-called 5-star Vacation Village time-share resort. Do yourself a favor. Book a Marriott (or other high-quality hotel - I'm not employed by Marriott) rather than stay at Vacation Village. Their meat isn't as good as their sizzle.

• Liked — Proximity to Disneyworld
  • Disliked — The bedding, furnishings, bath towels, shower
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at the Vacation Village Parkway from 10/22 - 11/4/06. What a great place!!!!! We won a bid on Skyauction for $520 for both weeks and boy was it worth it. We had both the A and B units and had more space than we needed. It was great to spread out. The units were stocked with everything we needed right down to a blender and coffeemaker. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We were in building 12, (Room 12601) and faced the nature preserve area. It was so great to wake up in the morning and watch the wildlife from the patios. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity came up!

• Liked — Units were spacious and had everything we needed.
  • Disliked — Parking was a bit of a hassle
  • Tips/Secrets — Skyauction is the best deal for this property!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

We stayed at this resort from September 9-16th. The entire time we were there, we had no trouble.

My boyfriend, being paranoid as he is, made me call the resort as soon as we touched down in the airport because he was scared that our delayed flight made it difficult to check in. The person on the other end of the line reassured me that the front desk was 24 hours and to take our time and they would be waiting for us.

After picking up the rental car, we drove down to the resort. It really wasn't that far away....maybe about 15-20 minutes. There is construction going on by the exit right by the hotel, but the directions that were provided to us by the resort were right on the dot in getting us there. We checked in at the first desk and were promptly helped. They ushered us over to the second desk. I assume this is where they try to sell you a timeshare like I have read about. However, all they asked us was how we got the reservations. We had gotten them through a military website so that is what we informed them. After hearing that, they thanked us and told us to enjoy our stay. They didn't even mention timeshares to us at all.

Upon arriving to our room, we entered into a large, beautiful and clean room. We had the A side with the full kitchen. I will eventually be attaching photos that I took of the room right after we got there.

Our second evening there, we came back to the room to find a message waiting for us. Thinking this had to do with the timeshare that they never asked about, I checked it. However, it was someone from the desk who had called to make sure everything was okay with our room and to see if we needed anything. Now, maybe if we would have answered, they may have said something about timeshares, but we will never know.

We did have a problem one morning where we opened up under the sink and found a bug. My boyfriend thinks it was a roach but I thought it was a waterbug. Regardless, we called the front desk and reported it. They told us maintenance would be up to take care of it. True to their word, maintenance showed up less than 5 minutes after I made the call. He came in and did an inspection and got rid of the sole bug we found. Within a minute after he left, I received a call from the front desk asking if the maintenance person showed up and if I had any other problems or concerns. I was very impressed by that. I can understand how a bug can get into places. That isn't uncommon. However, there were absolutely no signs of infestation and the matter was handled very professionally in less than 10 minutes.

Other than that very minor incident, the week went by very uneventful. We used the washing and dryer machines in the room which worked pretty well. We also used the jacuzzi. We had gone to walmart and got some disinfectant spray to spray down the jacuzzi since the last time we stayed at a place where there was a jacuzzi, I came home with a UTI. I definitely recommend spraying the jacuzzi down before you use it.

In previous reviews, I saw a lot about the construction. Now we stayed in one of the newer buildings with a lovely balcony view of the construction. However, I do have to say that not once during the entire week did we hear any noise from the site. We were usually up by 7am, however we did come back to the room one afternoon for a 3pm nap. Still, there was no noise that we heard.

I only really had two complaints about the resort which are really mild. First of all, the trash cans are very small and there were only two provided. Being that the room only gets cleaned once in the week that we stayed, we always seemed to have an overfilled trash bin. Secondly, there was only internet access in the main building down at the main building. We had brought a computer since I was taking an MBA class at the time of our trip and needed to complete a project. Since we couldn't access any internet in the room, we had to go down to the computers that were provided. Unfortunately, Java was blocked on their computers so we would have to go up to the room and get our laptop just to go back to the main building to set up in the internet lounge. Unfortunately, the internet lounge only have one outlet (the rest of the room is mirrors looking into the computer room and the workout room) so if someone else was using that outlet, we could only run on our battery for as long as it would hold.

Overall, we had a wonderful time at this resort and were very impressed and pleased. I would recommend this resort to just about anybody. We had an absolute blast!

• Liked — Professionalism, Big Room, Quiet, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Internet availability, Trash can size
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My family (wife and 3 kids under 8 years old) and I stayed at these suites for 10 days in the summer of this year while we were visiting the local Orlando attractions. We stayed in block 12 and the 4th floor with an A and B adjoining appartment facing the conservation area (not the pool).

Location of the appartments is fantastic, you can get to Disney in 10 minutes by car which means if you really get tired you can get back in the afternoon. There is plenty of car parking on the site. The main shopping centre or should I say shopping road is not far from the Suites and there are lots of diners, bars and restraunts in either walking distance or a short hop in the car. It is also close to 2 large Walmarts and a couple of other large supermarkets.

We had a 2 adjoining appartments which were made up of a larger and smaller appartment which were both fully equiped with all the kitchen and laundary equipment you could need. The larger appartment was very large and could easily accomodate a family of 4 or even 4 adults. The smaller appartment was a good size but not as roomy but still a family of 4 could easily be accomodated. The rooms and kitchens were very clean, made us pay extra attention to keeping the place tidy. When we ran out of dishwasher tablets reception were able to quickly provide refils with no questions (we have attached some pictures so you can get a better idea).

The grounds of the blocks are great as well, fantastically kept and as I would expect, being British, very green. The pool was in the centre of our and another 2 blocks and could be a little noisy during the afternoon and evening to about 11:00pm, however all appartments are double glazed. However I would recommend that if you need quiet time earlier than 11:00pm or during the day perhaps get an appartment with an outside view, we overlooked a swamp conservation area which was great for the kids who could sit on the Balcony eating tea and watching the wildlife.... In addition the grounds are well equiped with communal tv room and also gas barbeques which can be used by residents.

Staff during our stay were very friendly and helpful, we had no problems with any timeshare push, however we did not attend any of the free breakfasts. Cleaners seemed to work and our room was serviced once a week and all communal areas were very clean and tidy. In addition there were every day organised events and during the world cup they seemed to have gone to alot of effort the international visitors. Unfortunately though we never got to try these, there were so many other things to do.

All in all we loved our stay here, we found this hotel from this site and saw some of the mixed reviews, all we can say is that it met and surpased our expectations and helped make our holiday one to remember.

Stayed June 2006

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!