“Vacation Village Parkway -- What a great place!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Chicago
“Vacation Village Parkway -- What a great place!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at the Vacation Village Parkway from 10/22 - 11/4/06. What a great place!!!!! We won a bid on Skyauction for $520 for both weeks and boy was it worth it. We had both the A and B units and had more space than we needed. It was great to spread out. The units were stocked with everything we needed right down to a blender and coffeemaker. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We were in building 12, (Room 12601) and faced the nature preserve area. It was so great to wake up in the morning and watch the wildlife from the patios. We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity came up!

• Liked — Units were spacious and had everything we needed.
  • Disliked — Parking was a bit of a hassle
  • Tips/Secrets — Skyauction is the best deal for this property!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

We stayed at this resort from September 9-16th. The entire time we were there, we had no trouble.

My boyfriend, being paranoid as he is, made me call the resort as soon as we touched down in the airport because he was scared that our delayed flight made it difficult to check in. The person on the other end of the line reassured me that the front desk was 24 hours and to take our time and they would be waiting for us.

After picking up the rental car, we drove down to the resort. It really wasn't that far away....maybe about 15-20 minutes. There is construction going on by the exit right by the hotel, but the directions that were provided to us by the resort were right on the dot in getting us there. We checked in at the first desk and were promptly helped. They ushered us over to the second desk. I assume this is where they try to sell you a timeshare like I have read about. However, all they asked us was how we got the reservations. We had gotten them through a military website so that is what we informed them. After hearing that, they thanked us and told us to enjoy our stay. They didn't even mention timeshares to us at all.

Upon arriving to our room, we entered into a large, beautiful and clean room. We had the A side with the full kitchen. I will eventually be attaching photos that I took of the room right after we got there.

Our second evening there, we came back to the room to find a message waiting for us. Thinking this had to do with the timeshare that they never asked about, I checked it. However, it was someone from the desk who had called to make sure everything was okay with our room and to see if we needed anything. Now, maybe if we would have answered, they may have said something about timeshares, but we will never know.

We did have a problem one morning where we opened up under the sink and found a bug. My boyfriend thinks it was a roach but I thought it was a waterbug. Regardless, we called the front desk and reported it. They told us maintenance would be up to take care of it. True to their word, maintenance showed up less than 5 minutes after I made the call. He came in and did an inspection and got rid of the sole bug we found. Within a minute after he left, I received a call from the front desk asking if the maintenance person showed up and if I had any other problems or concerns. I was very impressed by that. I can understand how a bug can get into places. That isn't uncommon. However, there were absolutely no signs of infestation and the matter was handled very professionally in less than 10 minutes.

Other than that very minor incident, the week went by very uneventful. We used the washing and dryer machines in the room which worked pretty well. We also used the jacuzzi. We had gone to walmart and got some disinfectant spray to spray down the jacuzzi since the last time we stayed at a place where there was a jacuzzi, I came home with a UTI. I definitely recommend spraying the jacuzzi down before you use it.

In previous reviews, I saw a lot about the construction. Now we stayed in one of the newer buildings with a lovely balcony view of the construction. However, I do have to say that not once during the entire week did we hear any noise from the site. We were usually up by 7am, however we did come back to the room one afternoon for a 3pm nap. Still, there was no noise that we heard.

I only really had two complaints about the resort which are really mild. First of all, the trash cans are very small and there were only two provided. Being that the room only gets cleaned once in the week that we stayed, we always seemed to have an overfilled trash bin. Secondly, there was only internet access in the main building down at the main building. We had brought a computer since I was taking an MBA class at the time of our trip and needed to complete a project. Since we couldn't access any internet in the room, we had to go down to the computers that were provided. Unfortunately, Java was blocked on their computers so we would have to go up to the room and get our laptop just to go back to the main building to set up in the internet lounge. Unfortunately, the internet lounge only have one outlet (the rest of the room is mirrors looking into the computer room and the workout room) so if someone else was using that outlet, we could only run on our battery for as long as it would hold.

Overall, we had a wonderful time at this resort and were very impressed and pleased. I would recommend this resort to just about anybody. We had an absolute blast!

• Liked — Professionalism, Big Room, Quiet, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Internet availability, Trash can size
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My family (wife and 3 kids under 8 years old) and I stayed at these suites for 10 days in the summer of this year while we were visiting the local Orlando attractions. We stayed in block 12 and the 4th floor with an A and B adjoining appartment facing the conservation area (not the pool).

Location of the appartments is fantastic, you can get to Disney in 10 minutes by car which means if you really get tired you can get back in the afternoon. There is plenty of car parking on the site. The main shopping centre or should I say shopping road is not far from the Suites and there are lots of diners, bars and restraunts in either walking distance or a short hop in the car. It is also close to 2 large Walmarts and a couple of other large supermarkets.

We had a 2 adjoining appartments which were made up of a larger and smaller appartment which were both fully equiped with all the kitchen and laundary equipment you could need. The larger appartment was very large and could easily accomodate a family of 4 or even 4 adults. The smaller appartment was a good size but not as roomy but still a family of 4 could easily be accomodated. The rooms and kitchens were very clean, made us pay extra attention to keeping the place tidy. When we ran out of dishwasher tablets reception were able to quickly provide refils with no questions (we have attached some pictures so you can get a better idea).

The grounds of the blocks are great as well, fantastically kept and as I would expect, being British, very green. The pool was in the centre of our and another 2 blocks and could be a little noisy during the afternoon and evening to about 11:00pm, however all appartments are double glazed. However I would recommend that if you need quiet time earlier than 11:00pm or during the day perhaps get an appartment with an outside view, we overlooked a swamp conservation area which was great for the kids who could sit on the Balcony eating tea and watching the wildlife.... In addition the grounds are well equiped with communal tv room and also gas barbeques which can be used by residents.

Staff during our stay were very friendly and helpful, we had no problems with any timeshare push, however we did not attend any of the free breakfasts. Cleaners seemed to work and our room was serviced once a week and all communal areas were very clean and tidy. In addition there were every day organised events and during the world cup they seemed to have gone to alot of effort the international visitors. Unfortunately though we never got to try these, there were so many other things to do.

All in all we loved our stay here, we found this hotel from this site and saw some of the mixed reviews, all we can say is that it met and surpased our expectations and helped make our holiday one to remember.

Stayed June 2006
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2006

We have stayed here twice and would do this again. The A units have the full kitchen and the B units the partial kitchen, both units have can sleep 4 people so if you have a larger party, A&B together is great! Buildings 1 & 2 do not have w/d in the unit, although available down the hall. But, we visited again, not to stay, this summer 2006 and saw the newer units with w/d. They are very similar but the original ones seem a little larger.
When we stayed, arranged activities were slim but now there is a program. That should help.
In building 1, the odd number rooms face out and the even overlook the pool.
The resort is very close to Disney, about 4 mins parking lot to parking lot.
Also the resort is across the road from the town of Celebration, very nice outing.

• Liked — size of unit and location to Disney
  • Disliked — no w/d in unit
  • Stayed July 2003, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Vacation Village in Orlando, FL which we booked through RCI. After checking in they were already trying to sell us sold some type of package which we declined. We got to the room and were pretty happy with the layout. We reserved side A which included a full kitchen including dining table with an open floor plan going into the living room which also included a nice size TV and DVD player. The room was equiped with a washer/dryer. The bedroom was fantastic with a very comfortable king size bed, another TV and a Jacuzzi tub inside of the room. A full bathroom with stand-up shower and a his/hers sinks. There was plenty of natural light in the room from the window and two sliders, one in the living room and one in the bedroom which led to a good size balcony with table and chairs. All in all, a great room.

Some of the bad things were, every morning we had an envelope that included some type of letter which stated that we had won free gifts, but they all had some catch included like get a free breakfast after viewing their new properties which could take all day long, oh wait , thats after paying a deposit for the breakfast. Another down side is that the walls seemed to be hollow and thin because you could hear what was going on in the other rooms. We also checked in on a weekend and so I thought that room service was included in the room price, but I guess not because they don't work on weekends so we had to pay for room service which we never experienced becuase it was only for them to clean-up after we left?? The elevators also took forever to pick us up, and sometimes we just got fed up and took the stairs ( six flights ) which was faster than waiting.

The location is convienent because its within 10 minutes to all the parks and has restraunts along its strip. All in all, Vacation Village is a pretty good catch.

Stayed July 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

July 18th, 2006 myself, my twelve year old son and my mother checked into the Vacation Village at Parkway in Kissimmee Florida. We were very comfortable with the facilities. Everything was clean, crisp and bright. We were a little taken aback by the non personal hallways and areas infront of the elevators (they resembled college dorm hallways). We were fortunate to have an A side (which had not only necessities also a few luxuries). Great large screen television, a fully stocked kitchen, and more than enough towels. Along with the good, there was a few "not so good" things that I need to mention.
The parking is Terrible! Each night it was truly a gamble trying to find a parking spot. There was no control what so ever with supervising and making sure that the parking was reserved for paying guests and paying guests only.
Don't try to use a computer in the internet room. The computers are placed in a row, there is no privacy at all. The computer screens are in full view, for all to see. The children monopolize the computers with games on the internet, and give you dirty looks when you actually try to get on a computer when their 15 minutes are up - again no supervision by staff at all in the internet room.
Again, no supervision at the pool. I sit at the pool and attempt to relax. But couldn't because I found myself worrying about someone else's child that was running and diving when the signs say No running and diving. All a true reflection of how the grounds are run and supervised.

S. Malcolm
Boston, Massachusettes

• Liked — Room set up
  • Disliked — Parking, Internet Room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

The Vacation Village at Parkway is an excellent value for a family vacation. The location is close to the theme parks, as well as a the Route 192 major commercial strip, restaurants, and even a Publix grocery store. Onsite, there are several BBQ pits for guest use. We also made good use of the public Internet room several times. There were many daily activities for kids in the pools and Activities Centre, although we didn't have time to join.

When we arrived, there was a mix-up with our reservation made through Hotels[--]. A manager very quickly intervened and this was resolved within 2 minutes.

We had reserved a small 1-bedroom "B" suite, but we were put in the larger "A" room. We were located on the second floor of Building 10 overlooking the pool area. The room was quite large, with nice furnishings, a full kitchen with dishwasher, a washer/dryer, a jacuzzi tub and separate shower, and a nice balcony with a table and chairs. (I believe this building was one of the newer ones on the property.)

At no point did we receive a time share sales pitch. We were not even asked! One trick we've found is that a lot of these companies don't target Canadians for some reason, so we are always upfront about our nationality!

Since it was July when we visited, the resort was crawling with kids. There were probably 50+ kids in some of the pools most evenings. If you are looking for a quiet couples retreat, this is not the right place. The pool is open until 11PM, meaning it is quite noisy for the rooms overlooking the pool courtyard. Next time, we will ask for an outside facing room.

Housekeeping comes only once a week, doing a very small touch up only. The Hotels[--] description suggested more regular and comprehensive housekeeping. The staff was very friendly. We met the maintenance guy in the elevator one evening and he gave me his card, suggesting I contact him for anything during our stay.

Overall, the experience was ideal. This was a family vacation and we weren't seeking complete quiet tranquility. I would recommend this place without any hesitation.

• Liked — Beautiful, large room
  • Disliked — Pool area noisy at night
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!