“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Orlando, FL
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2006

I got my room through eBay for 36.51 a night! I was hoping that the room would live up to the description and it has. I'm actually writing this review from the internet room in their welcome center. I have the 1 bedroom, sleeps 4 room. When I arrived it was spotless and there was a plastic bag with extra toilet tissue, paper towel roll, soaps, laundry detergent and a sponge for doing dishes. I would have put it in a nicer bag but I was thankful for the goodies that I didn't have to go out and buy. The room has two tv's. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. The one in the living room has a VCR hooked up. I would prefer a DVD player as all of the video stores are no longer renting out VHS tapes. I'm not here on vacation, I'm looking for work so I spend more time in my room watching TV then the average person who comes here to stay, LOL! I have really enjoyed my stay so far and will definitely refer friends and family in the future. Feel free to e-mail me at teagirl31(at)yahoo(dot)com if you have any further questions.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2006

Having just returned from a week in Kissimmee I was anxious to include our review
with all of the rest of this fine resort. We stayed at the Vacation Village Parkway this past
week and we were pleasantly surprised. The resort is very clean and well maintained.
We stayed in the newer building #11. When we checked in we were greeted by Jorge the
manager and our reservations were handled promptly. I asked to be in one of the newer
buildings, away from the pool area ( learned that from reading the other reviews before traveling).
It was not a problem he said. I also asked if we could possibly get an upgrade.
He was happy to put us on a waitlist as there was not one available at checkin. We
were assigned a 1 bedroom with partial kitchen. Very nice and it would have been just
fine if we did not get the upgrade. We checked in on Friday and on Monday morning
we were told we could upgrade in the same building that afternoon. The new suite
was much larger, it had a full kitchen, jacuzzi in the bedroom, washer dryer, everything
one would ever need. There was not an additional charge.

I also told them at checkin that I was not interested in purchasing a timeshare and
we were not bothered at all. They respected our privacy. We do not own a
timeshare and do not wish to.

There is construction going on in the area but it really did not disturb our vacation.
The only thing I could say as a negative point was that the suites are not sound proof.
The family above us were very noisey, moving furniture around at 11pm at night.
After this went on for atleast an hour I did call the front desk and explained to them the problem
at which they said they would let security know and they would take care of it.
Within a half hour everything was quiet and the last night of our vacation was nice and peaceful.

They had express checkout in our lobby, it was simple we just gave our name and turned
in the key and were told to have a safe trip home. All in all, I would recommend this
resort to anyone traveling to the Disney area that would like a bit extra room and comfort.
Sure beats staying in a hotel room. And the price was GREAT!!! Didnt have to attend
a sales talk or anything. If one does their homework you can find great deals.

We would definately stay here again and recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed May 2006
Central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

My first non-hotel stay in Kissimmee was a timeshare promo with Fairfield Resorts and we very much liked the room. This was almost as good. The only thing lacking 'high' quality was the kitchen/bathroom cabinets and hardware. We had a 2 bedroom at Fairfield that was very large with a larger more gourmet kitchen. Besides these minor differences all the furniture was very nice and well decorated with an appreciated absence of pastels.
Vacation Village has ongoing construction that our balcony faced so we did not use that and woke up early for vacation days to the beeping of construction machines. If you do not get a room near construction I'm sure you will find it very peaceful. As we go to Orlando for the parks and drive in every day the location deep behind the Arabian Nights show was a little cumbersome to drive in and out of for return trips.
My one negative would be the pool area. There was one pool and one Jacuzzi that we frequented once, I believe they have 3 scattered throughout the property, and were unimpressed with their size and versatility. Other resorts seem to offer a more active pool area. I was literally sat on top of by a woman entering the Jacuzzi, which promptly ended my use then and for the duration of our stay.
Please do not waste an entire evening on the casino boat. It was billed to us as having a buffet and comedy shows and music. It was the worst night I have ever had in Orlando. Unless you like to be seasick in a smoke-filled casino until 2am on icky food and bad entertainment (2 singers who were in the bar rotating every hour for 3 songs) pass this one up and do something else, anything else.
Before I went I had read reviews where you were offered money to attend the sales pitch if you once refused. We, at check-in, politely declined and never heard from the sales department again. We were entered in a raffle, thinking to ourselves, AHA! we are on to your game, but didn't "win" that.
I have had very good luck purchasing nice timeshares off an auction website versus the discount brokers for around $50/day and would definitely stay here again for that price. I paid $221 for the week. If you have flexibility in your dates you can find better deals without the pitch if you look around the internet than calling one of the brokers who sell you the rooms at a discount if you do the '90 minute tour'. That was an all-around bad resort experience (Fairfield). What I'm trying to say, is if you like to spend less and get more on your vacations and don't mind looking for deals you don't need to subject yourself to presentations to stay in a timeshare. I used to think that was the only way to do it cheap but they are out there.

• Stayed December 2005
Pembroke, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

My family and I just returned from a week at Vacation Villas at Parkway (4/14/06 to 4/21/06) and I must say we were very impressed. I admit as long time owners at Starwood Vistana we were a little apprehensive about staying at this resort. We exchanged thru RCI since we couldn't use our week at Vistana as it did not fall on April school vacation this year. We were giving a 1 bedroom with a partial kitchen. However, upon check in we asked if it were possible to upgrade and the quick answer was yes, we were placed in a 2 bedroom unit #5303. The room was beyond our expectations as was the entire resort and all the staff we came in contact with. I was also impressed with the great location and it's nearness to Disney.

Should a situation arise again and we are unable to use Vistana, we would quickly jump at a chance to stay at Vacation Village at Parkway. I plan on recommending this resort to friends who plan on traveling to Disney/Kissemmee area in the near future.

• Stayed April 2006
Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

Reading all the reviews became very informative. When I first arrived I told them at the desk that I did not want to purchase and did not want to be bothered. They were very pleasant and never bothered us once to take a tour. I told them I needed an extra cot and they delivered it promptly at no charge. The accommodations are large and comfortable. I requested a newer unit with our own washer and dryer and received it. I also requested to be away from the pool because of the noise. If you read the reviews and get a background on the place you will know just what to ask for.

We drove about 8 miles to the nearest Super Walmart and bought all our groceries at mad cheap prices (cheaper than home) My only gripe is the internet rooms and excercise rooms are near the entrance. Not a walk, but a DRIVE. If you need or require using these - you may ask for rooms closer to the entrance. I didn't care about the exercise, but do like to check my email often.

Otherwise, everything was just perfect. I don't care about sitting at the pool as we were down there to go to the parks.

Just A FYI - Discovery Cove although expensive is worth every penny! we went to Sea World for free and enjoyed our day at Discovery very much. That place has thought of everything! They give you suntan lotion, towels, lockers with clean showers, shampoo/conditioner/body wash, They even provided plastic bags for your wet suit upon departure. Maybe not worth it for parents with very young children... the older the better. They can go off on their own and everyone can have a great and safe time snorkeling, etc. Plenty of lifeguards VERY SAFE. Everyone was happy from the 50 year olds to the 14 year old.

One thing I was surprised at was the amount of restaurants that were packed. There were hundreds of them and every one had a wait. The best one in town was Joe's Crab House EXCELLENT !!! Singing and dancing waiters and decorated with antique toys everywhere. The food was the best and at reasonable prices.

Overall a great vacation

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2006

What a pleasant surprise! We are regular visitors to Disneyworld (7-8 times a year). Since we usually look for good deals or book through Priceline, we have experienced good, bad, and ugly.

Booked a 2 bedroom unit which ended up being far more than we needed, about 1500 sq ft. It's essentially 2 units with a common hallway door. A and B units can be completely isolated, or leave the inside doors open and move around between the units in privacy. Great for large families or even sharing with another family - everyone can have their privacy!

Unit A has a full kitchen, dining area, jacuzzi tub, and huge living room. Unit B has a kitchenette and smaller (but very adequate) living area. Both units have washer / dryer, oversized double vanity bathrooms, TV and DVD player in the living room, TV in the bedroom, and balcony (unit A has both living room and bedroom access.

Nice pools (including kids pool) which open early and close late. Ask for a room away from the pool if you plan to sleep before 11pm. The computer room has 3 PCs...not quite adequate. Users are limited to 15 minutes, so you won't have to wait long. There is a modest sized excercise room with new equipment. There are no on site restaurants or convenience stores, but there are plenty of choices nearby. You can even walk to Arabian Nights Dinner show, which is excellent. Housekeeping comes only once per week, but they provided plenty of essential supplies when we checked in.

Vacation Village is a timeshare, so they did make us an offer of free breakfast or lunch plus approximately $100 value gifts (cash, tickets, etc) if we agreed to take the tour. We respectfully declined and were not approached again throughout our stay.

Staff was courteous and the location is terrific. Note there is construction which has the I4 exit closed, so you need to plan ahead when returning from the parks. If not carefull, you'll quickly end up going past the exit. Best advice is to use Osceola Drive when leaving the parks and come in the back way.

Our unit appeared to be almost brand new, but the older units look ok. There is more construction planned, so it's possible future stays would be somewhat less pleasant. But overall this is is a terrific value. We will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2006
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

Let me begin by giving you the perspective of my review. We are a family of four who love to visit Disney Parks. We also like clean, quiet, spacious places to stay on vacation. My wife is a clean fanatic, so when the rooms passed her standards, I knew I had picked a winner!

This is our third visit to Kissimmee in the past 24 months with one and only purpose Disney. Disney. Oh, and did I mention Disney?

OK, so let's start the show.

Location:

Going to Disney? You absolutely will not find a closer timeshare to Disney. To get to Disney World from this resort is simply a matter of turning out of the resort, driving a quarter of a mile to US 192. A right turn and a 1 mile drive (no stop lights) to World Drive (Disney's Main Entrance). If you've ever stayed on US 192 in Kissimmee, you know how notorious those stop lights can be. With this resort, you have no worries, you are stoplight free all the way to Disney World.

Rooms:

The buildings are designed with 'A' and 'B' units. You walk to your door and insert your card. Once you open that door, you will be in a small foyer with two more doors. One door is for the 'A' unit and one door is for the 'B' unit.

The rooms are very bright and clean. We stayed in an 'A' unit. The majority of the unit had bright tiled floors, which makes it easy for the cleaning staff to keep the unit clean and allergy free. The only room that has carpet is the bedroom.

The living area has a full size dining table that seats six people, a couch that pulls out into a bed, two sitting chairs and a nice 48" big screen television with a VCR. You can also walk out onto the patio from the living area.

The bedroom has a spacious king size bed and an armoire with a television. Located between the bathroom and bedroom is a large closet with a safe and a whirlpool tub. A nice amenity after long days at Disney World. The bathroom is very large (appx. 10x12) and features a stand up shower stall, toilet, and a double sink vanity.

The kitchen has more cabinets than most homes. It has a full sized refrigerator with an ice maker. There is a stove, microwave and dishwasher as well. Also located in the kitchen is an apartment sized washer and dryer unit.

Resort/Amenities:

The resort itself has several pools. There is a certain amount of truth to the shading of the pools. You can probably catch sun from around 9-4. For us, that was not a big issue. We liked having the pool during the hottest part of the day.

There is a beautiful little lake and conservatory walk which we enjoyed strolling through every morning. You can see the bridge from my photos.

There is an exercise facility and internet access room (3 computers) located at the check-in building. This was not so conveniently located about 1/10 of a mile up the road on the other side of the road from the units.

Summary:

All in all, everyone in our family loved having a clean, spacious place to come back to after a long day at Disney. In fact, it was so close to Disney, I guarantee that we were able to get back to Vacation Village faster than the poor folks sitting waiting for the Disney buses to drive them back to onsite properties! It's simply that nice and convenient!

• Stayed April 2002

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!