“Vacation Village is the Perfect Timeshare for Disney Travelers!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Kentucky
“Vacation Village is the Perfect Timeshare for Disney Travelers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

Let me begin by giving you the perspective of my review. We are a family of four who love to visit Disney Parks. We also like clean, quiet, spacious places to stay on vacation. My wife is a clean fanatic, so when the rooms passed her standards, I knew I had picked a winner!

This is our third visit to Kissimmee in the past 24 months with one and only purpose Disney. Disney. Oh, and did I mention Disney?

OK, so let's start the show.

Location:

Going to Disney? You absolutely will not find a closer timeshare to Disney. To get to Disney World from this resort is simply a matter of turning out of the resort, driving a quarter of a mile to US 192. A right turn and a 1 mile drive (no stop lights) to World Drive (Disney's Main Entrance). If you've ever stayed on US 192 in Kissimmee, you know how notorious those stop lights can be. With this resort, you have no worries, you are stoplight free all the way to Disney World.

Rooms:

The buildings are designed with 'A' and 'B' units. You walk to your door and insert your card. Once you open that door, you will be in a small foyer with two more doors. One door is for the 'A' unit and one door is for the 'B' unit.

The rooms are very bright and clean. We stayed in an 'A' unit. The majority of the unit had bright tiled floors, which makes it easy for the cleaning staff to keep the unit clean and allergy free. The only room that has carpet is the bedroom.

The living area has a full size dining table that seats six people, a couch that pulls out into a bed, two sitting chairs and a nice 48" big screen television with a VCR. You can also walk out onto the patio from the living area.

The bedroom has a spacious king size bed and an armoire with a television. Located between the bathroom and bedroom is a large closet with a safe and a whirlpool tub. A nice amenity after long days at Disney World. The bathroom is very large (appx. 10x12) and features a stand up shower stall, toilet, and a double sink vanity.

The kitchen has more cabinets than most homes. It has a full sized refrigerator with an ice maker. There is a stove, microwave and dishwasher as well. Also located in the kitchen is an apartment sized washer and dryer unit.

Resort/Amenities:

The resort itself has several pools. There is a certain amount of truth to the shading of the pools. You can probably catch sun from around 9-4. For us, that was not a big issue. We liked having the pool during the hottest part of the day.

There is a beautiful little lake and conservatory walk which we enjoyed strolling through every morning. You can see the bridge from my photos.

There is an exercise facility and internet access room (3 computers) located at the check-in building. This was not so conveniently located about 1/10 of a mile up the road on the other side of the road from the units.

Summary:

All in all, everyone in our family loved having a clean, spacious place to come back to after a long day at Disney. In fact, it was so close to Disney, I guarantee that we were able to get back to Vacation Village faster than the poor folks sitting waiting for the Disney buses to drive them back to onsite properties! It's simply that nice and convenient!

• Stayed April 2002

1,245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

This place has very nice units to stay in...very large, bright and clean. However, overall it doesn't have the nicest "resort" feel to it. There aren't a lot of activities and the ones they do have are kind of boring. We found a large number of college students of Spring Break staying here which made the place extremely noisy out by the pool at night. And because the buildings are arranged in a circle around the pool, the noise seems to echo pretty loudly. Often very noisy till midnight or so. This place is extremely close to Disney; however, the road construction going on makes getting off I-4 and getting to the resort an absolute nightmare. Additionally, the complaints about the buildings shading the pool area are very valid. The worst thing about this property is that they give hundreds of timeshare tours each day and from 8 AM until 2 PM there are people walking through the pool area on tour. The timeshare tours take over 3 hours and they don't like to take no for an answer; very frustrating. But like I said, the units themselves are very very nice, but for all the above reasons I would never want to be an owner here.

• Stayed March 2006
mashpee,mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

We exchanged my daughters time share unit for this resort. We asked what unit we had before they put all the info. in the computer and they had us on the 1st floor. We asked for a higher floor overlooking the pool area. They searched and found us a very nice unit on the 5th floor. I think mentioning that I read on Trip Advisor that those rooms were very nice helped a lot. We had the larger unit and it was very nice. Plenty of towel (pool & bath). If you wanted fresh towels they had a morning exchange on the 1st floor of a nearby building. They also came in mid week to change linens. We used the Clebration exit to return to the hotel from the theme parks. It takes a little getting used to but it is the best way to avoid the construction in the area. Everything is very handy once you get to know your way around. Use the Publix market up Hwy 4 a little way behind the Dunkin Donuts much cheaper than the small store next door to the resort. Staff very helpful and not too aggresive about timeshare sales if you let them know right away you are not interested. Would use this resort again if we ever had a chance. The sun could be a problem at the pools if you don't time it right but it is a very pretty and clean area. Very nice resort!!!

Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

We stayed at the Vacation Village at Parkway during February school vacation week (2/17/06-2/24/06). I exchanged my timeshare week just 13 days proir to arriving. When I called RCI to exchage they booked us in a "B" unit. We checked in at 11:00am on 2/17. While we were checking in I asked if we could possibly get an "A" unit because I like the idea of having a full kitchen. The girl went in the back to speak to someone and when she came out she told us we would be in the new building #11 and we would have a "lockout" unit which is both an "A" and "B" unit. Not only did we get both units we were the first guests in the unit because the building just opened that day. WOW how luckly is that!! The units were beautiful. Unit "A" has a full kitchen, king sized bed, pull out sofa sleeper, large screen TV (men love this) and a large jacuzzi in the master bedroom. In the kitchen closet there is a piggy-back washer/dryer. Unit "B" has a double/queen size bed, sleeper sofa, full bathroom and a partial kitchen. There is a washer/dryer unit in there as well. We never used the "B" unit to sleep in because there were only 3 of us. It was nice to have the extra washer/dryer and full bathroom though. A few minutes after check-in maintence came up and told us they had to change a bulb in the "B" unit. At that time my husband mentioned to him that the toilet in our unit was not flushing right. We let him do his thing and fix the bulb and toilet. Later that evening I noticed there was water in the trash can in the bathroom. Apparently the man drained some of the toilet water into the trash can and left it there. We didn't bother to say anything because we were happy to have been "upgraded". The next night I filled the jacuzzi and when I went to pull the drain plug the water did not drain. We called maintence and they should up pretty quickly. Now this is where my problem is - he used the toilet plunger to drain the jacuzzi. Not only is this disgusting it is unsanitary. The next morning my husband went to talk to someone at the front desk. They offered to do a full cleaning service. When my husband talked to the RCI rep. (Larry) he couldn't believe this happened. The next morning we found out that (Larry) was able to "bank" another week for us to use anytime, anywhere. We were not really expecting this but we were VERY, VERY happy the way RCI and Larry handled this situation. Of course Mr. Plunger Man was spoken to and we are sure this will NEVER happen again. All and all we really enjoyed our stay here and we not hesitate to stay here again.
Thanks Larry for all your help.

One more thing we stayed at the Vacation Village at Weston in August of 2005 we DID NOT like that property.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

My boyfriend and I (mid 20's) stayed at Vacation Village from 2/4-2/11. We exchanged my parents timeshare and actually ended up with both an A and B unit. The A unit is definitely bigger with a full kitchen, and the bonus of having a hot tub. The B unit was just as nice, and we wouldn't have been disappointed if we received only a B unit.

Everything was very nicely decorated and very clean. My only real complaint was the pool. It was an absolute disaster. There is such a small timeframe that you can actually get sun because of the way the buildings are positioned. Plus, everyone all gathers on the one side of the pool that does get sun. For me, laying out and enjoying the sun and the pool are important on vacation, so I was really disappointed.

There are a ton of places to eat. I would recommend Pacino's (Excellent Italian-$100 for the two of us, appetizer, entree, dessert and a bottle of wine), Logan's (Peanut/Ribs place-about $50 for the two of us...great ribs!!! A good place to get beer with dinner), and Kobe (Japanese Steak house-the food was very good, but it the meal was prepared way too fast compared to other similar places I have been too. There is more food that you could possibly eat. We enjoyed it, but it wasn't a must see by any means).

The location of the resort is absolutely excellent! We enjoyed Universal, Islands of Adventure, Downtown Disney, and Pleasure Island. The bars at Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island were dead during the week that we were there. The House of blues is a great music venue.

If you like shopping, the Premium Outlet (exit 68 off of I-4) is great!! I got a Coach purse for $150.

new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay and found Vacation Village very nice. We were booked into a one bedroom (Unit A which is the bigger of the two) and they kindly upgraded us to the two bedroom which included Unit A & B, at no extra cost. My parents joined us at the last minute.

Unit A has full kitchen, dining and living area and large bedroom with whirlpool tub. Separate bathroom with double bowl sink, toilet and shower. Bedroom was large enough for a roll-a-way and pack-n-play (which they consider their crib). They charged $4 a day for each of these. There is a stackable washer/dryer in this unit also.

Unit B has partial kitchen, smaller dining and living area and a Queen bedroom. Bathroom has single bowl, toilet and full bath tub.

Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. Kind of in the shade though, because it is surrounded by the buildings. We stayed in building 10 which was brand new and way back from the main road.

It was five minutes from Disney entrance and there are plenty of restaurants close by. We had the Shoney's buffet every morning which was $6.99 and kids under 5 were free.

Great stay for the price we paid. Bought week through Skyauction for $212. Would definitely go back.

Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2005

Had a great time here. Fantastic view from our building #3, could see Walt Disney World. We choose to take the timeshare tour and it was very pleasant and very informative. If you enjoy vacations and want to take more and save money, I suggest taking a tour for yourself to get the information to find out if timeshare is for you or not. The old ways of hard selling are gone and the staff was very professional, informative and gave a very enjoyable presentation.

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!