“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

Awesome Awesome Awesome. This place was more than I expected. Got a great deal on it and was very satisfied. Pool was right there, they cleaned up our room in mid week, washer and dryer was awesome as well. Only issue was the internet room. There are 3 computers, but at that time only 1 worked. Would definitely come again. It is highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

am just returning from my stay at Vacation Village at Parkway. The resort was wonderful, the rooms were spacious and clean. they supplied plenty of towels and furnished pool towels in the room instead of going to the pool to look for a towel. The resort is huge as I prefer smaller resorts but the size did not affect my stay.
When I travel I look for the rooms to be more luxurious than my home or similar to my home. One of the important parts of my vacation is accomodations, VV@P met my expectations.
I initally was skeptical about going to this resort as I look for luxury, full kitchens (for the kids and cutting cost), and because of mobility problems I want a place I can enjoy if I can't or don't feel like going out; but because of the reviews of members of TravelAdvisor; my choice was easy and a good choice.
However, I checked in after hours around 10pm and the staff seemed a bit short, disconnected and needed classes in hospitality. The morning and afternoon staff was much better and more accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

Arriving at the Vacation Village with my Mother (who booked us through her RCI Last Minute Voucher connection), my husband and our two kids; was quickly and efficiently handled. We had booked a one bedroom suite with pull out couches, but decided to add an adjoining suite for my mom so she could have her own space. We paid $95 a night for her room and $329 for the whole week for our suite. The room was amazing!!! My husband quickly commented that he never goes "camping" with his wife unless there is Dining Room seating for 6! Huge Living area with Big screen TV,(plus tvs in every other room), adjoining dining area with glass table and comfortable seating; Large kitchen with all the gizzmos and gadgets you could ever need for a week away. food disposal, dishwasher, full fridge and stove, serving for 6 with everything!!! Even a blender to enjoy an icee out on the large balcony! The King bed and emmense Jacuzzi shower double sink ensuite was superb!! In-suite laundry was a big bonus with 5 people! Mom had her own smaller version of what we had, so the kids had there own comfy couch to sleep on and we all slept amazingly well. The amenities are great, one could stay pool side at the 2 pools and kiddee pool, basking in the sun all day. There was a 10-15 minute drive to Disney or Universal with quick access to I-4. Plenty of shopping in the area and very easy to get around. The only negative for the whole trip was the summer construction and intense heat...none of which is due to the resort. Vacation Village was an amazing destination for us, with no "timeshare" hassle; just a smooth relaxing home-like experience...and coming from me that is alot as I am extremely critical as I am usually cursed with some horrid thing on vacation...Hopefully that is no more. Thanks to Vacation Village for a super vacation stay!!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I just returned from my vacation stay at Vacation Village at Parkway and it was fantastic. The rooms were spacious and very clean. There were seven of us traveling together ranging in age from 10 months to 84 years of age. It was a home away from home. We rented a mini van at the airport and Disney World, Epcot, Animal Kindom were only minutes away. There were all types of shopping outlets and restuarants nearby. It is located ideally and has a very friendly and warm staff. I would highly recommend this resort and I will definately return again. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer and that I didn't attend a session for purchase.

Stayed July 2005
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

This place is great and we'll definitely be going back someday. Check-in was a breeze; took about 10 minutes. Then they sent us to another counter where we were offered discount theme park tickets to go to breakfast. We kindly refused and that was it. They called a few days later to offer $125 to go to breakfast, but again we refused and that was it. The units are gorgeous. We had a lockout unit (two units). It was nice having 2 living rooms, 2 dining rooms, 2 washer/dryer.... The king size bedroom unit has a jacuzzi in the bedroom, with a large bathroom w/ walk-in shower and his/her sinks. TVs and DVD players in each living room and TVs in each bedroom. Our units overloooked the pool. It looks like each 2-3 buildings have their own pool. There are 9 buildings completed, but the map shows about 25 buildings, so they have a ways to go to finish this resort. You can purchase theme park tickets at the check-in building. They have barbegue grills on the premises; gas grills w/lava rocks so no need to buy charcoal. They also have on-site activities such as pool parties w/games and contests, fish fries, temporary tatoos for the kids, etc. This place is what "gold crown" is all about.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

I have read a number of negative reviews, but this one is all positive. We were booked by a travel agent/Orlando time share owner friend from church through RCI for 8 nights. I had trouble finding the check-in building only because I drove right past it. It is clearly marked with nice sign stating VACATION VILLAGE AT PARKWAY CHECK-IN next to the street. I was looking too far down the street and missed the sign. The check-in building is located behind the NIKE store at the corner of HWY 192 and Arabian Knights Blvd. We got there at about 4:30, so I guess the check-in rush was over for the day. The girl checking me in was polite and friendly, even though there was a problem with my reservation. She wanted to charge me for my 8th day, saying RCI had paid for only 7 days. I refused to pay, saying I was told not to allow anything but a security deposit to be charged to me. An apparent supervisor overheard our discussion and had her pull up the account after I repeated what I was told by my travel agent friend. He read all the notes on the account and found that the 8th day should be billed to a credit card on file. Everyone was happy and I was passed to the "Customer Service" desk for the breakfast pitch. I declined, was issued my parking pass and the room inventory check list, and I was through. I only got one call during my stay with a $125.00 offer to attend the breakfast, which I again declined. Maybe this is because I booked through an owner/RCI rep and not through someplace like SkyAuction. The room was absolutely spotless. Even the corners and edges around the door jams were clean. There was nothing but carpet under the bed. A quick check of the inventory revealed we were missing only a coat hanger. I noted it on the inventory sheet, dated and signed it also. We got a call later that night from the front desk to check if everthing was ok with the room. I mentioned the hanger, which appeared later in the week when our room was cleaned and restocked with towels. When we opened the sleeper sofa at 11:30 that night, we found a paper-thin matress my dog could not sleep on, not to mention my 13 year old son. A call to the front desk, and in 10 minutes a rollaway bed was at our door. The front desk promised we would not have to pay for it either. I called maintainence the next morning and they were there in less than 10 minutes. I told the man the problem, he took one look at the blue color of the mattress and called on the radio for a new one. He had seen that blue mattress problem before. I also showed him how the couch would not close completely. We determined it was a factory installation defect; they had not pushed the frame flush to the front of the couch before they bolted it in. As we were leaving for the day, maintainence brought in a brand new(in the plastic) mattress, removed the screws, slid the frame forward, and reinstalled the screws on the couch. We came in late that night, and they had left us a note saying they left the couch out so we could see what they had done and to let them know if we needed anything else. That's service! Housekeeping picked up the rollaway we had for two nights the next morning. I explained what happened with the mattress and they said they would notify the front desk not to charge us for the 2nd night use of the bed. I was never charged. We had the A side room with the king bed and jaccuzi tub. With the exception of a couple curtain hooks off the rod at both ends in the living room and one of the (the unswitched bottom) plugs not working next to the bed, the room was perfect. My only complaint is the parking. We were in Bulding 5, across a natural/pool area from Building 1 at the front end of the complex on Arabian. If you came in late at night, you would have to park on the other side of #1 and then have to walk past the end of #1, around the end of #5, and then half way up the side of #5 to the combined entrance of #5 and #6. Even though there is a stairwell at the end of #5, the doors are locked, and used for exit only. All things considered, the complex is clean, close to fast food and nice restaurants of all price ranges, drug and grocery stores, and 5 minutes from the entrance to the Disney complex. I highly recommend it based on my experience, and will definitely stay there again.

Note: If traveling westbound on I-4, get off at exit #65 and follow the detour signs to get to HWY 192 east. Exit #67 for HWY 192 eastbound is closed for construction. Westbound for HWY 192 toward Disney is open.

• Stayed June 2005
Farmington, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

I just returned from a week at Vacation Village at Parkway and couldn't have been more pleased. In spite of the fact that it rained torrents every afternoon there was plenty to do and see and the condo was perfect. Large, comfy and perfectly clean describe the rooms. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and there were no strong-arm tactics to attend any events or sales pitches. We stayed in Building 9 which is across from new construction, but the noise was not a bother perhaps because we were gone during the day. The surrounding area has plenty of things to do and see and places to eat. The Publix market nearby had very reasonable prices, so stocking up on breakfast and lunch foods and snacks was easy. Be sure to visit the Town of Celebration just across the highway from VV. It's a planned community that is extraordinary in it's layout and design. From the condos, the access to WDW is quick and easy once you get familiar with the layout. I would return to this location in a minute.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!