“lousy disney transporation” 3 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“lousy disney transporation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This resort property met my expectation for the type of experience expected from the standpoint of location, activities, amenities, service, room service, etc.....however, the major disappointment was in the transportation to the attraction parks by the Plantinum transportation company which is contracted by the resort to provide services....there were issues getting to the attraction park in the morning as the buses were very small, stopping at several hotels along the way and leaving people behind due to space, also they allowed for extreme cramping as people were packed very tight. This seemed very strange since the people standing had no hand straps; grab bars or anything to hold on to for safety. Also on the return trip from the attraction park in the evening the bus never showed on time but was 45 min. late, by then so many people were there that again the buses were small and over packed and there was much confusion in getting people to the proper hotel. After spending all day and being very tired the last thing we expected was having to wait again for a bus that never showed, and having to be cramped into a bus getting back to the resort that just put a poor outcome to a good day. This resort has a very high rating which makes it very strange that the transportation is so poor.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the shuttle just in case it comes.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading through nearly ALL the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was skeptical about this resort and was so pleased when we finally arrived. We did a points exchange from Wyndham on a guest certificate from my parents. Our party was 4 adults.

Check-in took longer and did not feel as smooth as compared to my experience with Wyndham resorts. When checking in, I asked for building 16 or up, based on the reviews. They would not accommodate, saying that RCI booked us for an A/B suite and there are no upgrades. We were assigned building 15 and could not change. At first, I was annoyed at this.

When picking up the parking pass, I simply stated we are not owners and are not interested in the sales presentation. I got no hassle and they left us alone. Just 1 more phone call the next day to see if we would book our breakfast and they left us alone after stating no again.

We got to our room, building 15 #708 which is the top floor at the very corner end of the building. We were all pleasantly surprised at the appearance of the rooms at 1st glance. We took the king suite and my in-laws took the queen suite, which they loved. Their balcony overlooked Disney and had a perfect view of Epcot fireworks which they really loved. The king suite balcony overlooked the Gaylord resort which was a very nice view.

My mother in law and I took Clorox wipes and went through both rooms, something we do at any hotel. It was reassuring to see each cloth turn out completely white. So the rooms were very clean. Only complaint is a bit of mold in the shower and the bedroom carpet / living room furniture looks to need updating (my reason for giving it a 4/5 star). The bed was very comfortable and firm (which we like). Slept great our entire stay.

One day of our stay, we were without a vehicle and took the resort shuttle to the town of Celebration. This was not a bad experience. I have a feeling that the theme park shuttle would be more of a hassle, something we did not use.

Housekeeping was great, we were here for 2 weeks and they did a brief trash pickup, kitchen restock of soaps and such and towel exchange on day 4 and then a complete overhaul cleaning on day 7, and including beds and everything. Anytime we needed extra towels or pillows, etc, they were there within 20 minutes.

The nearest pool is the one at building 16/17 just across the parking lot. It was freezing for the first week of our stay and we did not utilize it, but did dip our toes in and it was nicely heated. There is a bathroom right next to it so you don't have to walk across the lot dripping wet, take a bag of clothes.

We didn't participate in any of the resort's activities, but there is a list of things daily.

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a convenient location to parks, shopping and restaurants.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 2 weeks. We had an A unit in Building 16 on the 9th floor. Watched the fireworks at Epcot every night from the comfort of our sitting room. Could even watch the big balloon at Downtown Disney go up every day. Our check-in went great and was fast. The individuals were very cordial and pleasant. we refused the breakfast and gift. Was no problem. Our unit was very well stocked with towels and utensils and detergents for the dishwasher. It was nice to have our own washer and dryer in our unit as well.We went in on a Sunday and Thursday they restocked everything. The pool and hot tub was great, especially in the evening to relax. When we arrived, we took the free shuttle to the grocery store for some items. They are still building more units and will be building on the former property of the Arabian Knights dinner theater, which has been torn down. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The wi-fi is very weak, but did work and had to pay a fee of $25.00 when you register. If you wanted...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Norton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great stay at vacation village. We rented a 2 bedroom (building 16, 10th floor room 1001) A/B unit and the set up was fantastic. We vacationed with another couple so with the joining units it was convenient to eat dinners together, play cards, etc.. but also good for when you needed privacy because both units can be closed off from each other as well.

Our building and units were updated and very clean. The location is perfect as well because it's less than 10 minutes from magic kingdom, Epcot and 15 min to downtown Disney, outlet shopping malls, and sea world.

I rated this a 4 star and not a 5 star because I didn't personally get a chance to use the pool or really checkout the grounds (walk trail, bbq area, kids playground, etcc), but heard from other guests it was decent.

Stayed December 2014
Indpls., IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked Vacation Village at Parkway as an extra vacation through RCI when it was on sale. We chose, through RCI, a 2 bedroom unit. Upon arrival we were put in the Oaks unit in an A/B lockout. This consisted of a locked entryway that led to 2 separate rooms with separate key access to each.

The A side room was large, with dining and living area in large room. Kitchen is good size, has good appliances, and good supply of cooking/eating utensils. The bathroom also was large with a double sink and large shower stall. Plenty of toilet paper, kleenex, and towels. There is also an area between bathroom and bedroom with the jacuzzi tub. The bedroom has a tv and sliding door to the balcony as does the living room. The bed was very comfortable for both my wife and me. The unit was clean and the furniture comfortable. The balcony view was of the courtyard/pool. The other side would have been of the parking lot. The B side is just a smaller version of the A side. There was a washer/dryer in both A and B rooms.

As the temps were cool the week we were there, we didn't make use of the pools, which is heated, or hot tubs. There are plenty of seats in the pool area as there are 2 pools and 2 hot tubs between the Oaks units. The buildings that surround the pools do shade them quite a bit. There is a schedule of daily activities.

Located off of Hwy 192 (Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy) at Marker 8 and less than a mile from I4, you have quick access to Disney World and I4 puts you on the road to the other parks.

No problems at all and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the excellent review. We are glad to see that the resort and the location exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to review the resort. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am at odds how to spin this review.... Parts of our stay here were great, and other aspects were not.

To start off -- overall the staff here was superb. We had room issues and ended up having to move - three times. Each time there was an issue the front desk staff and manager found a new space for us and apologized for the problem(s). On top of that, on our last day I realized that I left a bathing suit in our first unit and called housekeeping to see if it was found. Within an hour or so, they went out of their way to find the missing suit and delivered it to me.

The pool at building 16/17 is great and there's also a little splash park for the kids. The water was warm and there were plenty of shaded areas for the little ones to not bake in the sun.

The actual units were great. Our first 2 rooms were A/C units and the last room was an A/B unit. Both set-ups were great and more than enough space for our family of 4.

Location of the property is great. 10 minute drive to the parking lots of all Disney parks and lots of restaurant options nearby. Wal-Mart is 10 mins away and there is a Publix less than a mile away.

Now for the issues......

We came to Vacation Village using an RCI "Extra Vacation" week and were assigned to building 8. We were given the usual timeshare free hot breakfast sales pitch and nicely declined and were given a major attitude by the gentleman behind the desk. Not a huge deal, but an annoying way to start off the stay.

When we brought our stuff into our room we immediately noticed a weird smell in our room. We tried to just deal with it - so we went for a swim and out for dinner - but when we returned in the evening the smell was even stronger. (I can't even put my finger on the smell -- like soup? Garlic? Old musty wet carpet?) Anyway - I called the front desk and they sent housekeeping over to clean the floors. When the housekeeping guy showed up and walked into the room he immediately said to me that the smell had nothing to do with the floors and that he had to call maintenance b/c it smelled like "something" was in the air ducts. Maintenance came - tried to figured out the origin of the smell - and ended up telling us we should move rooms. The front desk assigned us a new room in the building --- and ---- that room had the same smell too!! Then they gave us another room (also in bldg 8) --- which smelled fine. (Yay! Success!!!)

So, we got our keys, entered the room, only to see a giant roach crawl across the floor. Needless to say, I immediately called the front desk back and the manager profusely apologized. I nicely, yet firmly, said that I wanted to be moved to a newer building and within 20 minutes they upgraded us to a nicer unit in building 16. The staff was great and very courteous.

The building 16 room was great. No smell. No issues. However, both my husband and I swear that after housekeeping came on Thursday to refresh our room the soup-like smell was back! Maybe they are cleaning with dirty rags? Maybe the cleaning solution they is not changed enough? I have no idea - but they really need to figure this out.

If it wasn't for the weird smell (and Mr.Roach) this place would have been great for our needs for the week, especially since it was such a good deal as an Extra Vacation week through RCI. However, both my husband and I agree that it's worth an extra few hundred dollars for the week to head to a different property in the RCI Orlando fleet. We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana twice in the past, and we'll probably head back there for our next Disney trip.

Room Tip: Bldg 16 was great. Avoid building 8 at all costs.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for taking the time to review our resort. We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests. We hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thanks again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one week in Nov. Check-in and check-out were easy and quick (less than 5 minutes). It was easy to reach Disney, sea world and universal from this resort. We also went to Kennedy space center and cocoa beach.

We had two-unit room in the 9th floor of building #17 with good view and very quiet. The in-unit full kitchen and laundry helped us a lot. The closest super walmart is about 4 miles away.

The newest build (#20) was complete but didn't open yet. I will try it during my next return.

Room Tip: Higher floors in Building #16 and #17 are better.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review. We are glad you chose us for your stay in the Orlando area. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!