“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at Vacation Village at Parkway for the second time In two years, and it was wonderful. Nice big rooms, and nice kitchen, and family area. I would definitely come back. Close to area attractions, and off 192, so convenient to everything.

Room Tip: Nice rooms, but noisy outside by the pool late at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1,363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wonderful stay and would definitely come back. Check in was easy. I came at a time that it was not crowded and Lizette was very fast helpful. She explained all the details and the map. You had to “collect your parking” at guest services. I’m an RCI member and owner at another resort so I know this is very typical at timeshare units. A firm no thank you and you were off.

The suites we large and spacious with A/B units for one versus two bedrooms. I stayed in building 17. Buildings 14-18 are the new ones, some of them are sort of close to the highway so if you are sensitive to the noise consider that when making any special requests. All the rooms have balconies. I like that each group of buildings have their own pool so it made it easier. My building had a pool party in the afternoon that was great fun. Getting a room that faces the pool would be a great option. Many people just came out and sat on their balconies for the music during the party. Make sure you look at the calendar events they give you. I took part in the water aerobics which was fun. The instructor was super friendly and engaging. The doors to the building closed at 5pm so you need your room key to enter making me feel very safe.
There is a shopping center right next door with a mini mart and a few restaurants. I would probably drive a little further down to publix which may be cheaper. VERY close to the parks.

I did not stay very long, but overall I had a wonderful time and actually wished I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When we got there we were told that for completing a 15 minute survey we would get free full breakfast. we were also told we could purchase tickets for all the parks at a discount there at guest services. We attendended the area for the survey and turned out to be a time share sales so since i left a 20 dollar deposit. we went to the buffet which was not much just eggs, sausage, and toast. the sales lady went on and on about how it was better to own at vacation village and i told i was not really interested. she told us we could skip the tour of the new building since we were already staying there. we got back to the office area and i told her i was not going to buy anything and she wanted us to talk to someone else. I told here i was not talking to anyone else and that we were leave and she could keep the deposit and we left. later on we decided that we would go buy tickets for the parks then it turned out that we were put on black list for many of the services offered they for not wanting to talk to other sales people about buying a timeshare. I was very dissappointed on how we were treated and will never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't stay on the side of the interstate as it is very loud.
Branson, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is our first time to stay at Vacation Village. We stayed in building 6 and was told that it was renovated last Nov. Can tell it's older. It really doesn't compare to the other resorts we have stayed at in the area. However, if you're coming for Disney, it's convenient and has shuttles to all Disney attractions. Cleanliness not the best. Room needed to be vacuumed on all the edges... Broken glass under the fridge. The one bedroom unit was roomy. Pools not as large as pics make you think, but they were nice, warm and enjoyable. Lots of eating places in the area. 15" TV in bedroom...tiny! No HDMI cable connection on TV's. Has $25 required fee for wifi and activities.

Room Tip: I would ask for a pool view. Top unit had loud a/c noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share. We apologize that we were not able to meet all your expectations during your stay. We appreciate your comments as these observations can only help us to improve our performance and the quality of amenities we offer. We’re glad that overall you enjoyed you vacation and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Orlando.
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is the second time staying here. I think the rooms are OK. I just think they need an update. Where we stay last year. I think it was building 3 or 4 the TV we had in our room (B) was an old one and even had a VCR!! On the other hand, the TV in room (A) was better and nicer with a LED TV and DVD player. This year (Building 9) we had the same TV but no the VCR but a DVD we could not play. This is a Timeshare business, and part of the experience of staying is that you have to attend a breakfast or lunch in which they try to sell upgrades to your plan, I remember that my husband commented of the need for updates telling her that as a potential buyer, they need to show the best to convince, the lady got a little mad telling us what was the need for updates because you go there to visit the parks and not spend time in the room and if we wanted an update, the annual maintenance fee has to be raised. I really did not like the answer because not everyone goes to Orlando to go to the parks. We did all that last year. This year vacation was to enjoy the resort, which did not have many options for entertainment. The sofa beds were so uncomfortable that my brother in law and his wife had to put the mattress on the floor to had a good night sleep. The resort is not so bad, but it needs updating and more offerings. And also I got in a little argument with the other sell man they send us to when he was arguing personal religion beliefs with me, and I am a Priest. Not good when once again you are trying to sell people your product.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review. Although we haven’t met all of your expectations, we’re thankful that you have chosen our resort for your Orlando vacations. Each year we make a significant investment in refurbishment and renovation projects at the resort. This year we’re continuing our efforts by updating furnishings in several of our buildings. In addition to our on-site Nature Walk, fitness center, shuffleboard and horseshoe court the resort features daily resort activities for our guests. An Activity Schedule is provided at check-in and on display through the resort. It is difficult to find a sofa bed mattress that everyone likes and we regret you were disappointed in our choice. We ask if guests are unhappy with the mattress that they notify the front desk and they’ll be happy to have someone change the mattress. We are sorry about the experience you had with a member of our sales staff. We’ve had thousands of travelers take advantage of the benefits provided in exchange for a preview of our resort and it is definitely not our intention to argue with a guest. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope we may host your next trip to the city.
Missouri City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one week during the Christmas holiday (12/22-12/29). We're RCI members and were able to trade our points to stay here. Vacation Village is not nearly as nice as our timeshare in Mexico, but it's still a cool property. The place is HUGE and there were a lot of families staying there given it's close proximity to Disney World.

The rooms themselves were very nice. There was plenty of space for the four of us to spread out and not feel cramped. Our unit had a full sized kitchen which was fully stocked with pot/pans, plates, utensils and cups so everything was at your disposal. We went to a nearby Walmart and stocked up on groceries for the fridge so we were good for the entire week. I was also pleased that the walls were pretty sound proof. I didn't hear anyone in the hallway or over our unit. Given all the kids here that's a big plus!

My only negative with the property was that they only cleaned the unit on certain days. As such we always ended up with a huge pile of dirty towels in the bathroom. I'm fine with them not cleaning the entire unit every day, but they should at least give us fresh towels daily.

The property offers a lot of activities and amenities. The only one we used was the shuttle to Disney World, which worked out fine. We would have also liked to use it for Universal Studios, but they had less frequent shuttles for that.

I think this is a great property for the value. With it's closeness to Disney, it's the perfect place for families.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, 4 days ago
We appreciate your recommendation on our resort even though we didn’t meet all of your expectations. Vacation Village at Parkway is a favorite vacation destination for families due to our convenient location, oversized rooms, and great resort amenities. We’re thankful that you recognized the value we offer and we hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Orlando.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Room very clean and nice , location was perfect close to all parks , restaurants , shoppings . The staff very helpful and friendly , pools very clean . Overall we had a very nice vacation . The kids enjoyed the pools and had lots of fun . We relaxed and had fun as well .

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your 5-star recommendation! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed our location and all of our amenities at Vacation Village at Parkway. We look forward to sharing our friendly hospitality with you the next time you want another relaxing Orlando vacation.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!