“An Absolutely Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Nashville, Tennessee
“An Absolutely Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

After reading the mixed reviews, I wasn't really sure what to expect. However, we absolutely loved our visit. We asked to stay in either building 14 or 15 since they are new. We also asked for a top floor so we didn't have to deal with any noise above us. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate both requests, putting us on the top floor in building 15. We rented units A and B, and there was plenty or room for my family of 5 plus my wife's parents in the smaller "B" unit. The units were clean and in "like new" shape.

I can't speak to what it would be like staying in one of the older buildings, but our stay was definitely an A+ experience.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

WE have just returned from a week at this resort. We were delighted with the accommodation. We were in block 14 which was a new building and everything was clean and well looked after. The only concern I had was the sound proofing which could have been better as you could hear people next door or above filling a bath and walking around on the tiled floor.
It didn't worry us too much as we were out most of the time. The resort is very convenient for the area attractions and has plenty of eating places nearby . I don't think I will rush back to Orlando as a place but that doesn't detract from the fact that this accommodation was excellent

• Liked — size
  • Disliked — lack of noise insulation
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

We only agreed to stay at this resort because a family member offered us the opportunity to use their points at no charge. We thought it was a blessing because anyone who has kids knows a "Disney vacation" is not cheap and our money was better off spent in other places. The first morning we were jarred out of bed at 6 am due to the construction happening with in a stone’s throw of our balcony window. I was not going to let it bother me because I was excited to be on vacation. However, by the 4th straight day of the 6 am "wake up call" I had enough. I called the front desk and issued a complaint about the misfortune of being placed in a building that was so close to the construction site that every time a tractor would drive by the entire room would vibrate which in turn caused the majority of the car alarms in the parking lot to sound all at once. To make matters worse I even made a courtesy call to the hotel the day before we arrived to request a room far enough from the construction to not be bothered. (I had read previous reviews that stated the construction was a HUGE problem). I was ensured that we were in the furthest building from the construction and not to worry. Right. So after speaking my peace the lady at the front desk offered to move us to another building, but they were the old buildings that did not have the upgraded amenities. I declined the offer because there were 7 of us and it was not worth it. I would just have to ask what type of a company would subject their customers to that type of inconvenience. My husband and I walked the grounds and found several suitable buildings that would have been much better than where we were placed. I know I was not the only one complaining because I could literally see other guests on their balcony taking pictures of the construction, and I could see the disgust on their faces. Bottom line the quality of our vacation suffered due to the constant noise. Not to mention that our 1 year old was able to open the front door of our suite because the handles were strategically placed right at eye level. I would suggest placing a chain or some sort of additional lock out of a child’s reach to ensure that escapes do not continue to happen. (I am speaking of the main door not the sub doors. We rented both the A and the B side)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — construction
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

We booked through RCI and stayed for a week in building 2 third floor with a pool view. Room (suite A) was large with a very comfortable King bed. Grocery store close by (has a shuttle for less than 2 miles). The Village is very easy to get to only blocks from RT 4 or RT 417. Rt 192 takes you directly to all disney parks and Rt 4 takes you to all others (Sea World, Universal). The Arabian Nights is right across the street. Rt 192 has many places to eat breakfast or dinner within a mile of the Village. Check-in was easy even at midnight. Pool and jaccuzi's are clean and well maintained. My son was in the pool regularly so it was nice to have a view from the room to check on him. It can be noisy in the pool until around 10 or 11 PM. I definitely recommend staying at the Village.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — pull out bed not comfortable
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

Good points: Lovely building. Did not stay in a building with its own pool but only had to walk across the parking lot to the other building. Very clean and well maintained. Great location close to everything even without a car as our family included 3 drivers - one car rental.

Bad points:

1st time staying there and we arrived in the evening (about 9:30). We were unsure where to go and stopped at the front office. Three people standing around chatting. Had to interrupt to ask for assistance and was greeted as if I was inconveniencing them.

There was a fire in our building on one of the evenings we stayed there. The whole building was evacuated & Fire trucks called. It was about 10:30 at night and everyone waited outside for over an hour and a half. Some ruffian children had apparently started something on fire and threw it down the garbage shoot. We were not happy that there was no apology made by staff or management and no discount, etc. for the inconvenience and the smoke issues.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
sf ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

Was going to be in town for a convention and got a great deal at Vacation Village through Travelocity. Check in at main building was very simple. Very easy and no hassles. Since I was there on business I "dodged" the timeshare sell and got my parking pass and away I went. They were only offering $80 in a cash gift card and I couldn't have done it anyway.

I was in a smaller B unit, which is perfect for 1-3 people. Very nicely appointed. Comfortable couch (pull out) and bed. The kitchen of the B unit does not have a dishwasher, or a stove but they do provide a 2 burner "hot plate" for cooking. All of the kitchen utensils are available to you and a full size refrigerator as well. The B unit also has a small "lanai" with table and chairs outside the lockable door. I was in building 1, and my room overlooked the pools. Some noise, but they shut it down promptly at 11pm on the dot. TV in the living room and the bedroom as well as VCR. Good channel selection, especially the WDW channel with Stacey!!

The grounds were great, the halls of the hotel, (inside doors) were very clean, the pools were very warm and the hot tubs were right at 104 degrees. Near building 1/2 are 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. One hot tub is big enough for 15 people the other one is for 6 tops. Plenty of chaise lounges and umbrellas around the pool deck. Bring your towel from the room. Like all other timeshares there are activities day and night poolside and at their recreation area.

You definitely need a car being just a block off of I 4 on the 192 highway. Many restaurants are close by. I did read about and heard at the check in desk about the shuttle that runs between local shops/restaurants. The Arabian Knights show is adjacent to one of the many buildings at Vacation Village. This is a very big complex.

As for internet access, the last day of my stay, they were hooking up free wireless internet to building 1/2, and I am assuming to the others as well. Up until that time I had to go to the lobby of my building on the 2nd, or 4th floor to get WIFI. Free there, and there were chairs and couches to sit on and check email etc. There is a lot, I mean alot of staff traffic in the morning up and down the elevators, pushing bins around and quite noisy while I was checking my email, however this also translates to me that the staff really keeps the place clean and it showed!!

However, on Saturday, I lost the wireless internet both in my room and in the lobbies. No worries there, I simply used the free WIFI at the main check in building.

Lots of families going thru WDW here. Disney is 5-10 mins away on I 4 or highway 192. Very easy access to the parks.
I flew into Tampa which was cheaper and only a 1 hour drive away.

I peeked into an A unit, and it was very nice it has a king size bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. full size kitchen and jacuzzi tub in the room as well. It also has a much larger lanai outside. If you combine and get both the A and B units, (which connect via the entrance door) you can easily sleep 6-8 depending on ages etc. The entrance way is unique, you go through a door into a small hallway which from there leads to the A or B unit.

This timeshare is a non smoking resort, however I was getting some smoke smell from the A unit next to me and it was coming into my unit. They will charge you extra $$$ for smoking in the room and for the clean up.

They do have "room service" which was very reasonably priced from local establishments.

The AC in my unit worked great, it is a digital setting and it kept the place cool when outside was high 80s.

A very nice stay, ever for business. The convention center was exactly an 11 minute drive away on I4 with no traffic any of the 5 days I was there. Save money and dont stay at the stuffy business hotels along I Drive!

Wonderful stay! Will definitely stay again for business or a WDW trip!

• Liked — Price and value
  • Disliked — Water pressure... couldnt think of anything else...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Clydebank, Scotland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Vacation Village booked via RCI as an extra holiday and stayed in Building 15 7th floor in an A side apartment. Having read previous mixed reviews we telephoned a week before and specified the building and apartment we would like and our request was met. The apartment was fantastic with all the fittings expected of a RCI Gold Crown Resort, the bedroom with the jacuzzi and enormous bed was amazing. Building 15 is the newest building and is farthest form the reception area and does not have a pool nearby. There is also construction just started on some new buildings directly across the road. We were not bothered by any noise as we were out all day. There was always plenty of security staff around the resort and building entrances late at night, which are only accessible with your room key , that gave us a feeling of safety. There is free Internet access on the 2nd floor of the reception building where there are around 6 terminals which gives you 15 minute sessions at a time to ensure guests do not stay on line all day denying others access.
Now to the negative, we had read and were prepared for the free breakfast scam which happened exactly as described in other reviews. Reception desk check you in and send you to guest relations to get a parking permit. There the over friendly timeshare salesman tries to rope you in with the free breakfast or lunch tactic which we politely declined a few times until the message got through. It was amazing to see the change in attitude when he realised we would not be taken in. The next few days there were follow up telephone calls and and letters under the door which we ignored. My advice is if you do not want to buy any timeshare, tell them straight from the start you are not interested. We had a couple of minor issues with the room on day 2, unable to open safe and no picture on bedroom TV, which was reported to a rather rude and unhelpful member of reception staff. The safe required a code to use which we should have been offered on check in which costs $10 and the TV we fixed ourselves by connecting a loose cable.
We will definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Contact them in advance and give them your requirements and decline the timeshare sales from the off.

• Liked — Huge bed & Jacuzzi bath
  • Disliked — Timeshare sales pressure
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!