“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

After reading all the reviews on this hotel for the past 9 months I was very apprehensive about using this resort. I read all the comments about building number 2 after checking in and seeing the room I was pleasantly surprised it was a very spacious clean up to date room yes couple of TV were older, but who watches TV on vacation. This would be a hotel that I would stay at again and would recommend to friends and family.
I'm not a member so I did not get special treatment.
I would recommend it if you're in the area stop by and check out

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Lee Center, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This will be the forth year my wife and I will staying at Vacation Village at Parkway in Kissimmee Fl. The staff have always been friendly and very helpful. Anytime we needed any help with anything in a room, someone has showed up in minutes to correct the problem, such as a noisy washer, or blown light bulb. The staff has always accommodated our wishes for room selection. There are usually plenty of kids, so we ask for a quiet area, and always get what we want. The rooms are clean, modern and large. We like to spread out and get a 2 bedroom, which literally gives two apartments, a very large one with full kitchen and a good size one with a smaller kitchen with hot plate instead of oven. Very nice. This is a large resort with many buildings, plenty way off the main road (Rt 192) to be nice. very convienent to stores, restaurants and anything else. A few minutes to Disney. We get the rooms as extra vacations thru RCI, so 2 weeks is $500 plus fees. Cheap. free wifi, TV, nice staff. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recommendation on Vacation Village at Parkway with us and with tripadvisor. Excellent customer service is just as important to us as it is to our guests and we’re glad to know that your interactions with our staff have always exceeded your expectations. We’re thrilled that we have been able to provide you with amazing vacations and that you recognize the value we offer. We look forward to sharing our friendly hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Orlando.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now and I always enjoy myself. Their suites are really clean and their beds are comfortable. When we went, we stayed in one of the newer buildings. They have 17 buildings on site so it's not like a hotel where you check in and head upstairs.

We had the main suite with the king bed, full kitchen and living room. The kitchen is well stocked with pretty much anything you'd need to cook (we cooked most days we stayed) or clean. They have a full fridge with freezer, a toaster, a coffee maker, tea kettle, blender, cutting boards, knives, glass bowls with plastic covers (so you can store leftovers too), frying pans, sauce pots, and the plates and glasses and stuff come in sets of 6. If you want to wash a few dishes by hand, there's also detergent for that and a scrub pad. They provide the paper towels, surprisingly haha. There's a garbage disposal in the sink, the dishwasher comes with detergent, and the washer and dryer come with laundry detergent.

There's 4 chairs and a dining table, a couch and two other chairs, a tv in the living room and a tv in the bedroom, and two sliding doors to the patio that has a small table and 4 chairs so you can lounge or eat out there. The bathroom is nice too, it's got a large glass shower with two built in seats, and a granite countertop and large mirror. There are two doors to the bathroom so you can enter from the bedroom or the kitchen. There's a large jacuzzi tub (I think it's jacuzzi) in the main bedroom sort of like between the bed and the bathroom too. The closet in the bedroom contains the safe, some hangers and the iron and ironing board.

The air conditioning comes from the ceiling vents and there's a digital thermostat on the wall near the door to the bedroom. It's easy to work, so you won't have any trouble.

What else...oh yes, checking in was a breeze for us. We actually showed up 9am the day of check-in to ask if they'd store our luggage so we could go to Disney, and they found a room for us, no extra charge! They were super helpful. There's a fitness centre in the check-in building, as well as business centre with a few older computers you can use to print stuff, but you only get 15 minutes on them per login, so if you need to use them longer, it's kind of a pain. Since they're older, they're a little slower too, but at least it's free. You'll need your key card to get in, and it's around the side of the check-in building.

When I went a couple years ago, you didn't have to pay extra for the safe or internet in the room, but when I went a few weeks ago, it was $25 for those two things and for other things they offer for a week. Kind of annoying that they couldn't just work that into the price, but whatever, it was a great price.

This hotel is fairly well centralized. There's a Publix across the street and a few gas stations lying around. There are a few restaurants too. When you first turn onto Arabian Nights Blvd, there's a little shopping area off to the left with a supermarket, but I warn you, they're a bit pricy, so I recommend the Publix. There's a CVS nearby too. Disney is about 10-15 minutes away, as are the Orlando Premium Outlets. The farthest we had to drive to get to anywhere was 20-25 minutes, and that was to the Florida Mall. Like I said, you're pretty well centralized, and the Arabian Nights dinner show is right in front of the hotel (you'll see it on the drive in). Vacation Village also offers shuttles to Publix and Disney, where they drop you off at Epcot and you can get the monorails from there, but it's of course at certain times, and it drops you off on a main road on the way back, not actually in the resort itself. We rented a car, so we didn't bother with this service. We thought it was too much hassle, but it would save you the $15 parking fees you have to pay just to get into Disney (before you even get to the ticket kiosk).

Overall, would highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again.

P.S.: Forgot to mention, if you stay there for a week (at least 4 days I think?), they'll change out your towels and turn down the bed for you. Whoever did our room did a few dishes for us too, but I don't think that they're supposed to do that.

Room Tip: The rooms are fairly quiet anyway, so you don't really need to have the "pool side" or...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the glowing recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort! We’re thrilled that we have been able to provide you with memorable vacations year after year. Detailed comments such as yours will surely help future travelers get the most out of their own vacation and we appreciate that you took the time to share them with our tripadvisor readers. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again the next time you’re in Orlando.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed here twice now. Once this past week and also last spring, a full week each time. We've enjoyed the facilities and location very much. 15 min from Disney, right off I4 but not so close you have noise from it. The rooms are spacious & clean but nothing special. The first time we were in some newer rooms up on the 2nd or 3rd floor in like building 11 I think. Rooms were a little nicer than this time but we preferred our location in building 2. We had a playground right out in the courtyard and 2 pools which with a 6 & 3 yr old having these so close was really nice. We were in the first room on the first floor next to the laundry room facing the street. Kinda noisy. Facing the pool would have been noisy too I guess but not having to walk stair or wait on elevators after long days at the parks was nice. Hot dog vendor out by the pool on Thursday was pretty good & tasted great after a noon swim. My husband was talked into doing the sales pitch breakfast. 2 hrs he came back with $80. I could negatively rant on sales tactics but salesmen are all the same whether it be cars, condos or make up & purses... No point in wasting my breath. Just be warned. They make it sound like it's a really short ordeal... Ain't no thing but it's not. They drive you off property for breakfast and pass you off to 3 different salesmen before they give up on you. This and the half hour or more wait to check in are my only complaints... symptoms of the timeshare business I'm afraid but their normal staff are very friendly and helpful. Housekeeper even hunted down a lighter from other staff members so we could light my daughters birthday candles... Very sweet since I'm sure she was very busy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review! We’re happy you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway and that our resort exceeded your expectations. We love knowing when an employee goes an extra mile for guests and sharing this type of feedback lets them know that their work doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to welcome your family back to Orlando soon!
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and i went during October for the theme parks. Since we were there in the offseason we were able to stay in the new buildings. We had no issue with the room. The rooms were very nice and spacious. Walls are very thin so I was glad we went in the offseason. Noise wasn't too bad. I was nervous about the staff after reading some of the reviews and I must say that I was pleasantly pleased. GREAT location. Not too far from anything. Had a blast!

Room Tip: Ask for the newer buidings.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us. The resort’s amazing location near Orlando’s beloved theme parks is definitely a plus, but our amenities are what keep our guests returning to Parkway. Our spacious suites with kitchens, living and dining areas are hard to beat in a city that offers mostly basic hotel rooms. Our employees take great pride in delivering outstanding service to guests and we’re happy that we could share our hospitality with you. Come back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Vacation village is beautiful and first class all the way. Everything is maintained, anything in need of maintenance is fixed immediately! Now with the area that needs improvement. Reservations. Why do I need to make 4 phone calls to get an email conformation? Check in. Holy cow! I feel like I am dealing with a state worker at DMV. Then after everything is straightened out, to get my parking pass I have to deal with those blood sucking timeshare sales people. Know what pushes me over the edge about that? I already own there. Why are you giving me a hard sales pitch? I just want my parking pass so I can get to the room and have a beer. If it wasn't for the reservation and check-in bull would be 5 stars and a pleasure. And no, this isn't a one time problem. Every year for the last 4 years. Am I the only one that sees a problem with the reservation/check-in procedure? I bet not!

Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your sharing your experience. We’re happy that you’ve enjoyed your time at our resort but we’re sorry for the problems you had with reservations and our front desk staff. Your review didn’t say if you reserved your unit with us directly or through a third party site like RCI, so without more information we can’t comment constructively on the reasons for delayed confirmation letters or the issues that caused the delay at check-in. We understand your views regarding the presentation, but it is offered to all of the resort’s owners so that they may learn about updates on the property and exclusive services only available to Vacation Village Resorts timeshare owners. Though not mandatory, many find it informative to attend and end up discovering ways to maximize their timeshare ownership benefits. We’re sorry that we haven’t met all of your expectations but we hope that you will continue to stay with us so that we may continue to provide you with first class vacations at Vacation Village at Parkway.
Montgomery, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here and had a great time. The staff was pleasant, the location in regards to shopping, restaurants, and Disney are incredible. It is clean and maintained - we stayed 12 days and the lawn was mowed twice, maids came every day, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back are quieter because the road is further away.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for the review of your visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We’re delighted your vacation with us was a pleasant one and that you appreciated the value of our service. We’re thankful for your recommendation and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Orlando.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!