“RCI Gold Crown it is not.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
St. Louis, Missouri
“RCI Gold Crown it is not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on an RCI exchange for our daughters (32 yrs old) and grand daughters (2 1/2) first time to Disney. Billed as a Gold Crown resort is a joke. We have stayed in Gold Crown resorts all over the world and this facility is not Gold Crown quality. Check in was a joke, inefficient, unfriendly and pushy to sign you up for their complimentary meal and sales presentation. The rooms were clean and spacious, with no bugs sighted as in other reviews. The decor and amenities are extremely out dated. A flat screen TV in the living room was the only clue that we were living in the 21st century. The bed rooms had very small, old and blurry TVs that you couldn't sell at a garage sale for $5.00. There was even a VHS deck in one of the the bedrooms!! The mattresses are old and you roll to the middle. The pool towels are a joke, not much more than oversized kitchen towels. We were in building 6, I don't know about the other buildings, but ours didn't have very good sound proofing and was very noisy. You could hear regular conversation and the rolling of luggage carts in the hallways. WIFI is a joke. It is slow and spotty and offered a $3 up charge for a faster download speed, despite being charged a mandatory $25 for amenities at check in. This is a joke!! Also we were informed that there would be a midweek towel exchange and tidy up and removal of trash and if we wanted daily service it would be an additional $25 per room per day, so if you are staying in the A and B units that is an additional $50/day. The midweek cleaning was also a joke. All of the trash was not removed and an ashtray on the back deck was not emptied. The pools are nice but no bar or food service is available. Also their web site stated that there was laundry facilities on every floor, when in fact there were stackables in both the A and B units. They need to update their website. If this is RCI Gold Crown, we will reevaluate or vacation exchanges. I will be contacting RCI and suggest they either reevaluate this property to downgrade it's status or reevaluate their Gold Crown criteria.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This resort was a great stay, and made our trip. We stayed in building 19, which is new. Our room was spacious, moderm and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They pushed for us to sign up a free breakfast or lunch. I said I would come back later and was not asked again. Consequently, I avoided any timeshare sales pitch and had a great stay. The pool was nice for a family, at the deepest being 5 ft deep. The conservation area was a nice walk, and I enjoyed the tiny lizards hopping around on the property.

• Stayed August 2013
deltona fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here with a girlfriend and our children. We had an A and a C unit to make up a two bedroom unit. The unit was very nice and updated. (good furniture, flat screen tvs) It was very spacious for the five of us. The beds were comfortable. The kitchens were clean and well equipped. The property is very large with several pools. We were in building 18 601. There was a quiet pool behind the building and a more active pool a short path away. . Teh staff was polite and friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

They are a timeshare resort so they will ask you to go to a presentation but you may say no. If you don't want to go don't go, but if you go they will try to sell you a timeshare it is their job. It will take a good part of a day for the presentation, so don't go thinking it will be a short sell. You will get your gifts if you attend but it does take most of the day so be forewarned.

Room Tip: building 18, 19 17,16 are all updated and very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My toddler and I arrived on 7/26 after two days of driving and my son had just gotten sick all over himself and my car. I was a mess and very concerned he might get sick again. Roberto, at check in, made my check in the "express" version and immediately ordered my pack n play so I could drive directly to my room. All I wanted to do was bathe my kid and get to the nearest pharmacy. Having heard all About the pushy sales staff and arriving to an orange trailer in a construction zone for check in, i was thrilled with the service. After Roberto was so helpful, i entered the Guest Services line and the representative asked if my husband would be joining me; I told him no and he said to go ahead and go, but if I could comeback later he would share the chance for a free breakfast, but not to worry if I couldn't. As soon as I got to my room, I was blown away. It was spacious, very clean and the jacuzzi tub in the main room separated from the shower and main bathroom was perfect.

I called the housekeeping line like instructed for the pack n play; it took six calls to finally get someone. They brought the PNP shortly after, and apologized for the holdup. The king size bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were horrible. FLAT AND OLD. also, they did not provide linens for the PNP so we had to makeshift linens and bedding. Later that week when I needed to use the couch bed, I realized how bad things were. The couch bed was a squeaky brick! And we didn't enough linens since I needed some for the PNP.

As for the mid week cleaning or linen switch, the bed was remade like my kid did it. The pillows were not even on the bed nicely, they were just hap hazardly thrown there. The towels were fresh and the trash was out, but I have seen much better RCI resorts do a quick clean up and remake beds around the U.S.A. This was not acceptable.

Onto the amenities-

both TVs worked well, but the Sleep button on the remotes did not work.

The trash cans are puny; we took our trash out twice a day.

The washer and dryer in the units worked really well, but they Are noisy.

I think the Internet fee is crazy; we didn't bother.

The towels for the pool are horribly dry and Itchy. bring your own.

We were in building 14-15; we had a nice balcony looking over the Gaylord Palms Pond/Resort. Everything was well cut and clean.

We used the pool closest to us; located between the 2 buildings next to us; it was perfect; my son loved the play area (see pics.) and the zero entry side made it feel very safe to me. He was able to enter the water and walk in his life vest for most of the pool and feel independent. There were also benches in three areas in the pool where I could let him stand and "jump" into the water w/o having to let Him out of arms length. The kids play area inside the pool area was perfect for kids of a variety of ages; my son played in there for hours. See pix!

If you are looking to get an umbrella or even chairs to sun bathe in...go early in the day or right after lunch. If you don't need chairs to lay in, the children's area had tables and chairs. We parked our stroller there and then went back and forth to the pool since my son liked playing in both areas.

Overall, I was happy with the resort for the size of the room, the bed, and the pools. We spent a lot of time in the pool and in our room. It was perfect for us this time; if we had two kids instead of 1 toddler, I think the couch bed would have been a real problem.v

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homestead, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just arrived home after a week long vacation at Vacation Village at Parkway,Orlando. Dates 7/26/2013 to 8/2/2013. I stayed at building 9 room 9108 A & B.I would like to point out the following points:

1. Televisions inside units are extremely outdated, these tvs ,can been found on craigslist for $10.00 or $20.00 dollars, and in there timeshare tour they claim they remodel the rooms
every 7 years yet have 15 year tvs. Oh and another thing there is washer and dryer inside unit, although this is not accurately described when reading the resort description on line.
WIFI is very poor so if your thinking in streaming Netflix while on vacation forget about it, there is a mandatory $25.00 dollar charge for usage of amenities and wifi.

2.On 6/30/2013 in the morning we requested some hand paper,garbage bags etc. to be delivered, and maintenance guy just walked into our apartment unannounced rather
than knocking and dropping of items outside door,yes it was surprising but we overlooked this at this time. Note that Do not Disturb Sign was on the door.

3.On 8/1/2013 while my wife, my two sons & I went out to a early dinner,we left our Mother in Law with our 1 year old baby sleeping in our room,
while in the shower a maintenance guy showed up to repair a screened door that was broken which we never reported but apparently was reported earlier
and a work order was in place, again the Do not disturb sign was on the door and the maintenance guy name: Trevor walking in unannounced just the same
when my mother in law walked out of the bathroom she was surprise to see this guy standing in our door way inside our unit, nevertheless he came in an did the repair.

4. On the check in day 7/26/2013, I clearly stated I wanted no in room service during my stay and during my entire stay I had my Do not disturb sign displayed on my door.
Therefore on 8/1/2013 after the past two incidents items 2 and 3 I went to the front desk and reported these incidents, they took down all the notes and said that
the Assistant Front Office Manager : Ahsheen Ilkas would call me the next day on 8/2/2013 which was my check out date, I am writing this on 8/3/2013 no call receive yet.
On the same day 8/1/2013 I filed an incident report on both incidents and the security guard said there we be a follow up call from management on this situation as I said
before no call has been received.

5. Word of advice unless you have a timeshare package of at least 8 people capacity I would not stay in this resort, reason why? They have two rooms meaning
room A and room B under one door entrance and a foyer that covers both rooms so if you stay in one room you privacy is compromised if you have another family in the other room.

6.Another thing about this resort, if you expect to find a wet bar or tiki bar by the pool, you can forget about this cause there are none,
all pool activities are in building 1 & 2, pool volley ball & BBQ and DJ note walking distant however resort is not designed for guest on other buildings to visit as walkway is a bit complicated.

7. Pools and Jacuzzi were good, all areas were clean.

8. Two rules that are clearly not implemented, one in Resorts rules on line, Animals are not allowed on Property, however when we checked in one of the first questions they asked was if we brought any animals with us I stated that its clearly in the rules that no animals are allowed the response was that they make the accommodations so this was a surprised, another rule that is by City ordinance of Osceola County no one should hang clothes or any anything similar in balcony's however the unit right above me note I was in room 9108,had blankets on the balcony rails during the week till the day I left, covering their two large dogs from eyesight of the guest walking by.
9. On 8/2/2013 our check out time is 10:00 AM, however as of 9:20 AM I had a maintenance guy just standing out side in the hall waiting for us to leave as I was surprised to see him standing there as I was walking back and forth , I asked him if he had to be just standing there, he responded yes and I went on to explain that this was putting stress on us to leave as soon as possible and we had to 10:00 am he then agreed to leave to let us continue with our exit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The rooms were okay, though a little dated. We were in building 11 overlooking the pool.It is truly a village, lots and lots of people. They had a lot of kids activities on the calendar, but we were too busy with Disney to attend.The rooms were clean on our arrival, and the cleaning crew came in during the middle of the week to clean and change the towels. This was about the best part. We had no pests, and even though we were only in 1 room of the 2 bedroom apartment, it was spacious enough. They have a free shuttle that runs to only Epcot. My main complaint is about the timeshare sales pitch I was made to endure. You are tied down by giving a $20 cash deposit, and promised you would get $80 in return. We were treated to a simple buffet breakfast and my husband and I attended the sales meeting. After almost 3hours of high pressure sales talk, and wanting you to sign papers without even sleeping on it, the salesman held on to my deposit and said he wouldn't give it to me until I signed the documents. On the day of my departure, I went to the office to collect me refund and the $80 promised. I was handed a gift card, which I later found had less than $20 on it. So, not only did I not get my $20 back, I didn't get the $80 promised for enduring the sales pitch. Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare pitch is a scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!! Any sales person that wont let you review your purchase before buying or even give you time to consult an expert or think it through is a big scam. I will never visit or rent from Vacation Village again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elk Grove,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok... I wasn't expecting much and this place lived up to it. Our first room was in building 3. It had a pool view and was supposed to have wi-fi. Both were underwhelming. The room had pests similar to the ones posted in a previous photo and the wi-fi was not working. To their credit, we were moved to another building (7) which was somewhat better and the Internet worked. That being said no one came to change the towels or clean as indicated during our check in. The building and furniture was definitely outdated and both rooms could have used more elbow grease with the cleaning. For you RCI exchangers....this is not a Gold Crown property by any stretch of the imagination!

Room Tip: Ask for a high building number. Stay away from the pool view. It was loud and the noise went on well...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!