“Glad We Chose Vacation Village at Parkway” 4 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
New Orleans
“Glad We Chose Vacation Village at Parkway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

My family and I just returned from our stay at Vacation Village. I was apprehensive about booking there after reading some of the reviews but overall I was very pleased with the accommodations. We arrived for check-in just at 4pm last Sunday and everything went rather smoothly with no wait. The guest service agents were friendly and professional.

We stayed in Building 1 which is an older unit, in both the A and B room (2 Bedroom). Both units were spacious, clean, and well maintained. They both had balconies. We chose to have a view away from the pools. We had a great view of the parking lot and surrounding area. The difference with the units is the A side is larger. It consists of a living room (pull out sofa)/dining room combined, full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge with ice maker, and stove. The kitchen has everything in it to prepare a home cooked meal if you choose to stay in, wine glasses and corkscrew included! The seperate bedroom has a king size bed with Jacuzzi tub in room. The bathroom has a walk-in shower and dual sinks. We had enough of both bath and pool towels in the room. The B side was smaller with living room (pull out sofa), dinette set, kitchen without stove and dishwasher, regular bathroom, and Queen bed in seperate bedroom. The bedroom doors can be locked for privacy. The balcony for both units were accesible from both the bedroom and living room.

The grounds were clean and maintained by the staff on a daily basis. The pools were nice. There were 2 pools/hot tubs near my building as well as a kiddie pool. The Activity Building was also nearby. They offer a daily activity schedule for the kids, adult activities include Bingo (small fee) and Texas Hold 'em Poker Tournaments. Usually we spend our days at the parks but the kids wanted to hang around for the activities on some days. Overall, they were happy here. We didn't have washer and dryer in the room but there's a laundry center on each floor with 3 sets of washer and dryers that's free to use. Security was present on the grounds. In room safe use is $10 for the entire stay.

Mid-week housekeeping is available for stays of 5 days or more. They made the beds, changed towels, ran the dishwasher, and cleaned the bathrooms for us. The beds were comfortable. However, we could smell the aroma of someone cooking breakfast in the mornings thru the vents. The water pressure in the shower was too low for me but the temp was just right. The location is great right off of Highway 192 strip. Restaurants are limitless as well as shopping areas. There are other fun, amusement attractions in the area as well.

We did partake in the Timeshare presentation and was shown the newer models that feature granite counter tops, washer and dryers in room, and flat screen TV's. We were given a tour of the neighboring area of Celebration which is on the other side of 192. We were told that the area was created for the Disney Execs and their families. There are nice homes, shops, a hotel, eateries as well as a Starbucks, a movie theatre; bike, scooter, and hybrid cars to rent, a beautiful lake to fish, paddle boats, rocking chairs with umbrella for shade along the lake. Please be careful while enjoying the lake, we saw an alligator peeping above the water. This area was really nice. Plenty sitting areas to enjoy a good book, as well as the view. We ate at a nice Japanese restaurant while in Celebration. I recommend a drive there if you can appreciate picturesque sceneries.

I would recommend Vacation Village at Parkway to anyone. Please don't be scared off by some of the reviews. If you're looking for a place to rest after a long, hot day at the parks, then this is the place. This isn't a high-end, pamper yourself, spa resort but it isn't cheesy either. Enjoy!

• Liked — The location proximity to the parks/attractions.
  • Disliked — Balconies weren't screened in.
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

We had one of the new rooms in building 14. The rooms were great. My whole family was impressed that each room had a flat screen TV. Beds were comfortable and sheets were new.

The location was convenient to all the parks. It was also close to the outlets and supertarget. Best part was that we didn't feel like we had to eat the same food over and over again at the parks. We made our own breakfast, packed bags of veggies etc for snacks and were able to try some restaurants outside the park.

Some things to beware of: the pools were small (we went to the pools by building 8 & 9) and the water was WARM and SALTY. No wi-fi in all the buildings. No shampoo and soap. The towels seemed musty, but the rooms all have washers and dryers...so we just washed them again. Maid service only comes once to change the sheets, replace the towels and empty the trash...so we did have to do our own dishes and keep the place pretty clean ourselves. We had a non-smoking room, but sometimes smoke would come through the vents.

All in all, it is great for the value...we would probably stay there again, but we are looking for a place with a nice pool. I'll try to post photos later!

• Liked — the large size of the rooms
  • Disliked — the pool
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baltimore MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

The rooms, resort and pools were clean and well maintained. Convenient location. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
preach305
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

I booked thru an RCI Exchange (Weston). After I checked I in, i got the usual Inquiry questions, politely answered them, told them I was not interested in a tour and THAT was it. I never heard from them again. Don't let people scare you away from this place. It was a short drive to ALL of Disney, easy access to Highways, convient to Walgreens, Publix. Now I have stayed here and Weston and no complaints. Beds were good enough, no noise from neighbors. Facilities were clean and staff was nice when I interacted with them. Mutliple pools on site. 1 day got to Pool 3 at 10:00 and we were the only people there!. Will come back with no hesitation.

• Liked — Close to parks
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just returned from our stay at Vacation Village. I'm not sure why but I felt I wasn't getting the full value of my timeshare by staying her through an RCI Exchange. I was wrong. The resort is really nice and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

The check in process was a breeze and I was directed to the timeshare desk. She asked a view probing questions about where my home timeshare was and was I there through an exchange but I knew what she was getting at. I told her I had just upgraded my timeshare and was not interested in anything else. She left it at that but invited me to a free breakfast and to receive my "free gift." Psh, yeah right!! Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. I said thank you and went about my merry way.

We stayed in room 9603A and had a parking lot view. It was a really nice unit but I highly recommend requesting an A unit if possible. I saw a B unit and they are pretty small; fine for couples but a bit small for a family of four. Our unit was extremely clean and well equipped with everything we needed.

The pool was really nice and clean. They provided lemonade which is really nice while you are at the pool relaxing. The high rise building around the pool is something I didn't like. It made me feel surrounded and it cast a shadow on most if not all of the pool as the day went by.

The location of this resort is probably its best feature. It’s no more than 5 minutes from the Disney gates; follow the signs to whatever park or part of Disney you want to go to. The resort is also close to every restaurant, store, go-karts, convenience store etc you can imagine. Everything is right there for you.

The only other negative thing I can think of is the parking. After a day at the parks you might have to park at little ways away from your building. When your feet are killing you from walking all day the last thing you want to do is park the car and walk a ways to your unit.

Overall, Vacation Village actually turned out to be a great place to stay.

• Liked — The location is perfect.
  • Disliked — The parking and the high rise building around the pool area.
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Fabulous resort with all the amenities. We had an "A" suite with full kitchen and Jacuzzi. We checked in an hour early and room wasn't cleaned from previous tenants. Housekeeping had someone in within 10 minutes to rectify the situation. They even gave us one extra day of housekeeping for the inconvenience, even though it wasn't totally their fault. Had a problem with the A/C not shutting off and room was down to 68 overnight one evening. Maintenance came within 10 minutes and found the thermostat in the "B" unit set to 55, and since both units share the same air conditioner, our temp was not being controlled properly. I have absolutely no complaints about the wonderful facilities or the customer service staff. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and accomodating. However, I strongly urge you NOT to accept the offer of a "FREE" breakfast. Regardless of what you're told, you will be pressured into purchasing or upgrading. The high-pressure sales people used tactics that appalled both my wife and I. After 3+ hours of a confusing high-pressure sales pitch, we had to literally threaten to walk out before they would give us our $20 refund. (we didn't have time for the Arabian Nights Show tickets). Without the sales pitch, I would have definitely given Vacation Village an Excellent rating.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

This resort is minutes from Disney! They have onsite ticket sales, multiple pools, and have dining within walking distance. The resort is very new and is located right off the interstate (without the interstate noise) which allows for easy access to everything Orlando has to offer. I exit from Disney, a few miles from Celebration, down the road from 'Old Town Kissimmee', and next door to Arabian Nights dinner theatre.

The resort has 2 types of 1 bedroom accomodations. The first is a 1 bedroom with a standard bathroom, partial kitchen (has a 2 burner plug-in cook surface and no oven), and patio/balcony. The second is roughly twice the size and has a full kitchen with all the bells and whistles, a master bath with jacuzzi tub, and patio/balcony. They also have 2 bedroom villas which consist of combing the 2-1 bedroom condos into 1 big condo!

All of the rooms at this resort are beautiful! Nicely appointed, but note the resort does not offer housekeeping or towel changes unless you want to pay an additional fee.

• Liked — Proximaty to Disney and complimentary computer room!
  • Disliked — The pools are shaded by the high rises.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!