“Nice resort” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
deltona fl
“Nice resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here with a girlfriend and our children. We had an A and a C unit to make up a two bedroom unit. The unit was very nice and updated. (good furniture, flat screen tvs) It was very spacious for the five of us. The beds were comfortable. The kitchens were clean and well equipped. The property is very large with several pools. We were in building 18 601. There was a quiet pool behind the building and a more active pool a short path away. . Teh staff was polite and friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

They are a timeshare resort so they will ask you to go to a presentation but you may say no. If you don't want to go don't go, but if you go they will try to sell you a timeshare it is their job. It will take a good part of a day for the presentation, so don't go thinking it will be a short sell. You will get your gifts if you attend but it does take most of the day so be forewarned.

Room Tip: building 18, 19 17,16 are all updated and very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1,363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My toddler and I arrived on 7/26 after two days of driving and my son had just gotten sick all over himself and my car. I was a mess and very concerned he might get sick again. Roberto, at check in, made my check in the "express" version and immediately ordered my pack n play so I could drive directly to my room. All I wanted to do was bathe my kid and get to the nearest pharmacy. Having heard all About the pushy sales staff and arriving to an orange trailer in a construction zone for check in, i was thrilled with the service. After Roberto was so helpful, i entered the Guest Services line and the representative asked if my husband would be joining me; I told him no and he said to go ahead and go, but if I could comeback later he would share the chance for a free breakfast, but not to worry if I couldn't. As soon as I got to my room, I was blown away. It was spacious, very clean and the jacuzzi tub in the main room separated from the shower and main bathroom was perfect.

I called the housekeeping line like instructed for the pack n play; it took six calls to finally get someone. They brought the PNP shortly after, and apologized for the holdup. The king size bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were horrible. FLAT AND OLD. also, they did not provide linens for the PNP so we had to makeshift linens and bedding. Later that week when I needed to use the couch bed, I realized how bad things were. The couch bed was a squeaky brick! And we didn't enough linens since I needed some for the PNP.

As for the mid week cleaning or linen switch, the bed was remade like my kid did it. The pillows were not even on the bed nicely, they were just hap hazardly thrown there. The towels were fresh and the trash was out, but I have seen much better RCI resorts do a quick clean up and remake beds around the U.S.A. This was not acceptable.

Onto the amenities-

both TVs worked well, but the Sleep button on the remotes did not work.

The trash cans are puny; we took our trash out twice a day.

The washer and dryer in the units worked really well, but they Are noisy.

I think the Internet fee is crazy; we didn't bother.

The towels for the pool are horribly dry and Itchy. bring your own.

We were in building 14-15; we had a nice balcony looking over the Gaylord Palms Pond/Resort. Everything was well cut and clean.

We used the pool closest to us; located between the 2 buildings next to us; it was perfect; my son loved the play area (see pics.) and the zero entry side made it feel very safe to me. He was able to enter the water and walk in his life vest for most of the pool and feel independent. There were also benches in three areas in the pool where I could let him stand and "jump" into the water w/o having to let Him out of arms length. The kids play area inside the pool area was perfect for kids of a variety of ages; my son played in there for hours. See pix!

If you are looking to get an umbrella or even chairs to sun bathe in...go early in the day or right after lunch. If you don't need chairs to lay in, the children's area had tables and chairs. We parked our stroller there and then went back and forth to the pool since my son liked playing in both areas.

Overall, I was happy with the resort for the size of the room, the bed, and the pools. We spent a lot of time in the pool and in our room. It was perfect for us this time; if we had two kids instead of 1 toddler, I think the couch bed would have been a real problem.v

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homestead, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just arrived home after a week long vacation at Vacation Village at Parkway,Orlando. Dates 7/26/2013 to 8/2/2013. I stayed at building 9 room 9108 A & B.I would like to point out the following points:

1. Televisions inside units are extremely outdated, these tvs ,can been found on craigslist for $10.00 or $20.00 dollars, and in there timeshare tour they claim they remodel the rooms
every 7 years yet have 15 year tvs. Oh and another thing there is washer and dryer inside unit, although this is not accurately described when reading the resort description on line.
WIFI is very poor so if your thinking in streaming Netflix while on vacation forget about it, there is a mandatory $25.00 dollar charge for usage of amenities and wifi.

2.On 6/30/2013 in the morning we requested some hand paper,garbage bags etc. to be delivered, and maintenance guy just walked into our apartment unannounced rather
than knocking and dropping of items outside door,yes it was surprising but we overlooked this at this time. Note that Do not Disturb Sign was on the door.

3.On 8/1/2013 while my wife, my two sons & I went out to a early dinner,we left our Mother in Law with our 1 year old baby sleeping in our room,
while in the shower a maintenance guy showed up to repair a screened door that was broken which we never reported but apparently was reported earlier
and a work order was in place, again the Do not disturb sign was on the door and the maintenance guy name: Trevor walking in unannounced just the same
when my mother in law walked out of the bathroom she was surprise to see this guy standing in our door way inside our unit, nevertheless he came in an did the repair.

4. On the check in day 7/26/2013, I clearly stated I wanted no in room service during my stay and during my entire stay I had my Do not disturb sign displayed on my door.
Therefore on 8/1/2013 after the past two incidents items 2 and 3 I went to the front desk and reported these incidents, they took down all the notes and said that
the Assistant Front Office Manager : Ahsheen Ilkas would call me the next day on 8/2/2013 which was my check out date, I am writing this on 8/3/2013 no call receive yet.
On the same day 8/1/2013 I filed an incident report on both incidents and the security guard said there we be a follow up call from management on this situation as I said
before no call has been received.

5. Word of advice unless you have a timeshare package of at least 8 people capacity I would not stay in this resort, reason why? They have two rooms meaning
room A and room B under one door entrance and a foyer that covers both rooms so if you stay in one room you privacy is compromised if you have another family in the other room.

6.Another thing about this resort, if you expect to find a wet bar or tiki bar by the pool, you can forget about this cause there are none,
all pool activities are in building 1 & 2, pool volley ball & BBQ and DJ note walking distant however resort is not designed for guest on other buildings to visit as walkway is a bit complicated.

7. Pools and Jacuzzi were good, all areas were clean.

8. Two rules that are clearly not implemented, one in Resorts rules on line, Animals are not allowed on Property, however when we checked in one of the first questions they asked was if we brought any animals with us I stated that its clearly in the rules that no animals are allowed the response was that they make the accommodations so this was a surprised, another rule that is by City ordinance of Osceola County no one should hang clothes or any anything similar in balcony's however the unit right above me note I was in room 9108,had blankets on the balcony rails during the week till the day I left, covering their two large dogs from eyesight of the guest walking by.
9. On 8/2/2013 our check out time is 10:00 AM, however as of 9:20 AM I had a maintenance guy just standing out side in the hall waiting for us to leave as I was surprised to see him standing there as I was walking back and forth , I asked him if he had to be just standing there, he responded yes and I went on to explain that this was putting stress on us to leave as soon as possible and we had to 10:00 am he then agreed to leave to let us continue with our exit.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The rooms were okay, though a little dated. We were in building 11 overlooking the pool.It is truly a village, lots and lots of people. They had a lot of kids activities on the calendar, but we were too busy with Disney to attend.The rooms were clean on our arrival, and the cleaning crew came in during the middle of the week to clean and change the towels. This was about the best part. We had no pests, and even though we were only in 1 room of the 2 bedroom apartment, it was spacious enough. They have a free shuttle that runs to only Epcot. My main complaint is about the timeshare sales pitch I was made to endure. You are tied down by giving a $20 cash deposit, and promised you would get $80 in return. We were treated to a simple buffet breakfast and my husband and I attended the sales meeting. After almost 3hours of high pressure sales talk, and wanting you to sign papers without even sleeping on it, the salesman held on to my deposit and said he wouldn't give it to me until I signed the documents. On the day of my departure, I went to the office to collect me refund and the $80 promised. I was handed a gift card, which I later found had less than $20 on it. So, not only did I not get my $20 back, I didn't get the $80 promised for enduring the sales pitch. Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare pitch is a scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!! Any sales person that wont let you review your purchase before buying or even give you time to consult an expert or think it through is a big scam. I will never visit or rent from Vacation Village again.

Elk Grove,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok... I wasn't expecting much and this place lived up to it. Our first room was in building 3. It had a pool view and was supposed to have wi-fi. Both were underwhelming. The room had pests similar to the ones posted in a previous photo and the wi-fi was not working. To their credit, we were moved to another building (7) which was somewhat better and the Internet worked. That being said no one came to change the towels or clean as indicated during our check in. The building and furniture was definitely outdated and both rooms could have used more elbow grease with the cleaning. For you RCI exchangers....this is not a Gold Crown property by any stretch of the imagination!

Room Tip: Ask for a high building number. Stay away from the pool view. It was loud and the noise went on well...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm only rating the suites we stayed in for this review or else I would search for negative numbers. The resort is very nice and easy to find very close to all the attractions. We traded our 3 bedroom gold crown at Hilton Head Island which is much nicer but wanted to visit Universal. We stayed in building 16 which is one of the newer locations with a two bedroom unit. The bedrooms are adjoined with a common foyer entrance but separate doors and locks to go into each bedroom...great if you want privacy but very difficult if you have little ones - just keep the doors propped open and lock the main entrance!

The master bedroom was very spacious with a full kitchen, dining area off the living room, king size bed with large jacuzzi tub and bathroom off of the kitchen and master. We had a 36" LCD in the living room and in the bedroom. There was also a balcony with sliding glass doors from the living room and bedroom with a 4 person table outside. The kitchen had a full fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and a closet containing a washer and dryer unit. The 2nd unit had a queen size bed, partial kitchen, living room and full bath along with an outside balcony as well. All furniture was clean, appeared fairly new and modern. The kitchen included all serving wares for six people including a wine rack and corkscrew! They also provide a coffee pot and small amount of detergent for the washer.

The property had a nice pool and large jacuzzi outside and the pool was kept a comfortable 87 degrees. The fitness center at the main entrance is small and the Internet cafe is very outdated using old HP's without any MS Office software.

**BEWARE**
Do not fall for the free tickets & breakfast for attending a sales presentation!!!!!!!!!!

I've been an RCI and II owner for over 10 years and have been very happy with them because we work hard to make sure we get the value for each. Occasionally I attend a presentation to get tickets like here for Arabian Nights....bad idea! The sales people can get a bit pushy at times but in this instance they were extremely arrogant and rude...of course after I started questioning the math, after all I am in accounting! Corinne started off very friendly taking us to breakfast about a mile from the resort. The breakfast was nothing more than a very simple hotel buffet but very nice location for future reference. She talked about her family and was very pleasant but became very defensive with every question asked. As we were leaving breakfast she informed us we should leave a tip for the waitress while she went and paid for the breakfast...really?? Once we arrived back at the sales center she barely made eye contact and often left the table finally getting her manager to visit us. He proceeded to tell us that people in NC must like to waste money since we were not interested in his pitch and "fantastic offer" to convert us from weeks to points.

Of course since I never had the opportunity to attend law school but wanted to so desperately I continued to counter every statement until they had enough and sent us to the final station and last chance stop. They reviewed our reasoning but thankfully he didn't push it any further at this point and sent us to the counter to get our tickets. The whole process took 2 hours rather than the 90 minutes they spoke of but mainly because I wanted to debate the sales staff :-)

Over all I am very happy with the resort but please take my advice and NEVER attend the sales presentation at this resort...others have been ok, but not here!

Room Tip: The newer buildings above 16 are supposedly nicer and ask for a view of the pool or you'll look...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently stayed at Vacation Villages for 5 nights while we were in the area for a family reunion. We were very impressed with the spacious room and proximity to the attractions. We stayed in building 2 on the 7th floor. From our living room we could see the nightly fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom!! We wanted to stay somewhere that had a full kitchen since we have a 2 year old son. The kitchen came equipped with the typical plates, silverware, pots/pans, etc. They also had sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, and paper towels which was a nice touch. We rented a car, so we cannot comment on the shuttle service to the parks. We did use the pool near building 2, which was kept very clean. The staff at the pool was very conscious to the weather and closed the pool on several occasions due to thunder/lightening. The staff at check in and check out was very friendly and it was a smooth process.
The only reason I didn't get it an excellent rating was due to the lack of room cleaning and the old bed. We were told at check in that our room would be cleaning on Saturday and the fee was $20. We left our room Saturday morning with a sink full of dishes, a full trash and lots of dirty towels. When we returned at 530, we were disappointed to find that the room was not touched. When I called housekeeping they informed me that we would only be getting a linen refresh since we were not there a full week. I wasn't sure why they hadn't done that during the day so we had to wait for clean towels before we could all shower. Just a minor inconvenience. However, the bed in our room was terrible. It was very saggy, probably had never been turned and was in desperate need of being replaced. I did not call the desk about it since it was unlikely that we would get a new mattress during our stay.
All in all we were happy with our stay at Vacation Villages and we plan on staying again the next time we go to Disney.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Free Parking, P...
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#18 of 157 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 stars 1,017 reviews

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!