We just arrived home after a week long vacation at Vacation Village at Parkway,Orlando. Dates 7/26/2013 to 8/2/2013. I stayed at building 9 room 9108 A & B.I would like to point out the following points:
1. Televisions inside units are extremely outdated, these tvs ,can been found on craigslist for $10.00 or $20.00 dollars, and in there timeshare tour they claim they remodel the rooms
every 7 years yet have 15 year tvs. Oh and another thing there is washer and dryer inside unit, although this is not accurately described when reading the resort description on line.
WIFI is very poor so if your thinking in streaming Netflix while on vacation forget about it, there is a mandatory $25.00 dollar charge for usage of amenities and wifi.
2.On 6/30/2013 in the morning we requested some hand paper,garbage bags etc. to be delivered, and maintenance guy just walked into our apartment unannounced rather
than knocking and dropping of items outside door,yes it was surprising but we overlooked this at this time. Note that Do not Disturb Sign was on the door.
3.On 8/1/2013 while my wife, my two sons & I went out to a early dinner,we left our Mother in Law with our 1 year old baby sleeping in our room,
while in the shower a maintenance guy showed up to repair a screened door that was broken which we never reported but apparently was reported earlier
and a work order was in place, again the Do not disturb sign was on the door and the maintenance guy name: Trevor walking in unannounced just the same
when my mother in law walked out of the bathroom she was surprise to see this guy standing in our door way inside our unit, nevertheless he came in an did the repair.
4. On the check in day 7/26/2013, I clearly stated I wanted no in room service during my stay and during my entire stay I had my Do not disturb sign displayed on my door.
Therefore on 8/1/2013 after the past two incidents items 2 and 3 I went to the front desk and reported these incidents, they took down all the notes and said that
the Assistant Front Office Manager : Ahsheen Ilkas would call me the next day on 8/2/2013 which was my check out date, I am writing this on 8/3/2013 no call receive yet.
On the same day 8/1/2013 I filed an incident report on both incidents and the security guard said there we be a follow up call from management on this situation as I said
before no call has been received.
5. Word of advice unless you have a timeshare package of at least 8 people capacity I would not stay in this resort, reason why? They have two rooms meaning
room A and room B under one door entrance and a foyer that covers both rooms so if you stay in one room you privacy is compromised if you have another family in the other room.
6.Another thing about this resort, if you expect to find a wet bar or tiki bar by the pool, you can forget about this cause there are none,
all pool activities are in building 1 & 2, pool volley ball & BBQ and DJ note walking distant however resort is not designed for guest on other buildings to visit as walkway is a bit complicated.
7. Pools and Jacuzzi were good, all areas were clean.
8. Two rules that are clearly not implemented, one in Resorts rules on line, Animals are not allowed on Property, however when we checked in one of the first questions they asked was if we brought any animals with us I stated that its clearly in the rules that no animals are allowed the response was that they make the accommodations so this was a surprised, another rule that is by City ordinance of Osceola County no one should hang clothes or any anything similar in balcony's however the unit right above me note I was in room 9108,had blankets on the balcony rails during the week till the day I left, covering their two large dogs from eyesight of the guest walking by.
9. On 8/2/2013 our check out time is 10:00 AM, however as of 9:20 AM I had a maintenance guy just standing out side in the hall waiting for us to leave as I was surprised to see him standing there as I was walking back and forth , I asked him if he had to be just standing there, he responded yes and I went on to explain that this was putting stress on us to leave as soon as possible and we had to 10:00 am he then agreed to leave to let us continue with our exit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway