“Clean, but pushy sales pitch” 2 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, but pushy sales pitch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The rooms were okay, though a little dated. We were in building 11 overlooking the pool.It is truly a village, lots and lots of people. They had a lot of kids activities on the calendar, but we were too busy with Disney to attend.The rooms were clean on our arrival, and the cleaning crew came in during the middle of the week to clean and change the towels. This was about the best part. We had no pests, and even though we were only in 1 room of the 2 bedroom apartment, it was spacious enough. They have a free shuttle that runs to only Epcot. My main complaint is about the timeshare sales pitch I was made to endure. You are tied down by giving a $20 cash deposit, and promised you would get $80 in return. We were treated to a simple buffet breakfast and my husband and I attended the sales meeting. After almost 3hours of high pressure sales talk, and wanting you to sign papers without even sleeping on it, the salesman held on to my deposit and said he wouldn't give it to me until I signed the documents. On the day of my departure, I went to the office to collect me refund and the $80 promised. I was handed a gift card, which I later found had less than $20 on it. So, not only did I not get my $20 back, I didn't get the $80 promised for enduring the sales pitch. Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare pitch is a scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!! Any sales person that wont let you review your purchase before buying or even give you time to consult an expert or think it through is a big scam. I will never visit or rent from Vacation Village again.

1,409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Elk Grove,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok... I wasn't expecting much and this place lived up to it. Our first room was in building 3. It had a pool view and was supposed to have wi-fi. Both were underwhelming. The room had pests similar to the ones posted in a previous photo and the wi-fi was not working. To their credit, we were moved to another building (7) which was somewhat better and the Internet worked. That being said no one came to change the towels or clean as indicated during our check in. The building and furniture was definitely outdated and both rooms could have used more elbow grease with the cleaning. For you RCI exchangers....this is not a Gold Crown property by any stretch of the imagination!

Room Tip: Ask for a high building number. Stay away from the pool view. It was loud and the noise went on well...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm only rating the suites we stayed in for this review or else I would search for negative numbers. The resort is very nice and easy to find very close to all the attractions. We traded our 3 bedroom gold crown at Hilton Head Island which is much nicer but wanted to visit Universal. We stayed in building 16 which is one of the newer locations with a two bedroom unit. The bedrooms are adjoined with a common foyer entrance but separate doors and locks to go into each bedroom...great if you want privacy but very difficult if you have little ones - just keep the doors propped open and lock the main entrance!

The master bedroom was very spacious with a full kitchen, dining area off the living room, king size bed with large jacuzzi tub and bathroom off of the kitchen and master. We had a 36" LCD in the living room and in the bedroom. There was also a balcony with sliding glass doors from the living room and bedroom with a 4 person table outside. The kitchen had a full fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and a closet containing a washer and dryer unit. The 2nd unit had a queen size bed, partial kitchen, living room and full bath along with an outside balcony as well. All furniture was clean, appeared fairly new and modern. The kitchen included all serving wares for six people including a wine rack and corkscrew! They also provide a coffee pot and small amount of detergent for the washer.

The property had a nice pool and large jacuzzi outside and the pool was kept a comfortable 87 degrees. The fitness center at the main entrance is small and the Internet cafe is very outdated using old HP's without any MS Office software.

**BEWARE**
Do not fall for the free tickets & breakfast for attending a sales presentation!!!!!!!!!!

I've been an RCI and II owner for over 10 years and have been very happy with them because we work hard to make sure we get the value for each. Occasionally I attend a presentation to get tickets like here for Arabian Nights....bad idea! The sales people can get a bit pushy at times but in this instance they were extremely arrogant and rude...of course after I started questioning the math, after all I am in accounting! Corinne started off very friendly taking us to breakfast about a mile from the resort. The breakfast was nothing more than a very simple hotel buffet but very nice location for future reference. She talked about her family and was very pleasant but became very defensive with every question asked. As we were leaving breakfast she informed us we should leave a tip for the waitress while she went and paid for the breakfast...really?? Once we arrived back at the sales center she barely made eye contact and often left the table finally getting her manager to visit us. He proceeded to tell us that people in NC must like to waste money since we were not interested in his pitch and "fantastic offer" to convert us from weeks to points.

Of course since I never had the opportunity to attend law school but wanted to so desperately I continued to counter every statement until they had enough and sent us to the final station and last chance stop. They reviewed our reasoning but thankfully he didn't push it any further at this point and sent us to the counter to get our tickets. The whole process took 2 hours rather than the 90 minutes they spoke of but mainly because I wanted to debate the sales staff :-)

Over all I am very happy with the resort but please take my advice and NEVER attend the sales presentation at this resort...others have been ok, but not here!

Room Tip: The newer buildings above 16 are supposedly nicer and ask for a view of the pool or you'll look...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently stayed at Vacation Villages for 5 nights while we were in the area for a family reunion. We were very impressed with the spacious room and proximity to the attractions. We stayed in building 2 on the 7th floor. From our living room we could see the nightly fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom!! We wanted to stay somewhere that had a full kitchen since we have a 2 year old son. The kitchen came equipped with the typical plates, silverware, pots/pans, etc. They also had sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, and paper towels which was a nice touch. We rented a car, so we cannot comment on the shuttle service to the parks. We did use the pool near building 2, which was kept very clean. The staff at the pool was very conscious to the weather and closed the pool on several occasions due to thunder/lightening. The staff at check in and check out was very friendly and it was a smooth process.
The only reason I didn't get it an excellent rating was due to the lack of room cleaning and the old bed. We were told at check in that our room would be cleaning on Saturday and the fee was $20. We left our room Saturday morning with a sink full of dishes, a full trash and lots of dirty towels. When we returned at 530, we were disappointed to find that the room was not touched. When I called housekeeping they informed me that we would only be getting a linen refresh since we were not there a full week. I wasn't sure why they hadn't done that during the day so we had to wait for clean towels before we could all shower. Just a minor inconvenience. However, the bed in our room was terrible. It was very saggy, probably had never been turned and was in desperate need of being replaced. I did not call the desk about it since it was unlikely that we would get a new mattress during our stay.
All in all we were happy with our stay at Vacation Villages and we plan on staying again the next time we go to Disney.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

With so many options in the area, I don't understand why anyone would return to this facility. Aside from its location, right off I-4 and on Highway 192, there are very few benefits. We stayed in Building 9 in 2 spacious suites - one with 1 bedroom, a jacuzzi (which was never used) with a large kitchen, and a second unit with a smaller bedroom and a smaller, efficiency-type kitchen. The rooms seemed nice and clean, but we awoke two mornings in a row to roaches in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. I don't think I need to say anything else. I realize that it is Florida (I'm actually a full-time resident) but I also know that pest control is a must. Like I said, there's no reason to stay here. Leave the bugs behind, and stay elsewhere.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here June 23-30, 2013.
This IS NOT A GOLD CROWN RESORT!!!!! Unless you like rude, uneducated people. We stayed in building 12...the furniture is outdated by 20 or more years, the TUBE TV played most channels in Spanish..emmm I only understand English!!!! All doors in the suite jad an inch gap(including the main door). DO NOT GET TRAPPED AT THE 'pick up your parking pass here desk'......It is a timeshare pitch!!! They state as an owner we want your opinion ( cash $20). We paid thinking good deal, as they promise 2 tkts to Arabian Nights or $100 gift card(including your prepaid $20). We canceled after reading a few reviews, but the deposit is not refunded. I figured they could keep the $20 and I would keep my sanity!! DO NOT STAY HERE unless you plan on rarely using your room!!!!! Checking in was a JOKE as well, it took about 45 minutes!!! NO GYM,although they say otherwise! Broken equipment means NO GYM!! This place is run by some real dandies!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed for one week. There was plenty of room for all of us. There were two conjoined units, each with it's own bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, and washer and dryer. It was very clean and enjoyable. My only complaint was that the pull out bed in the living room was not so comfortable, but as are most.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!