“Ok if you are not expecting much. ..:-(” 2 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Elk Grove,ca
“Ok if you are not expecting much. ..:-(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok... I wasn't expecting much and this place lived up to it. Our first room was in building 3. It had a pool view and was supposed to have wi-fi. Both were underwhelming. The room had pests similar to the ones posted in a previous photo and the wi-fi was not working. To their credit, we were moved to another building (7) which was somewhat better and the Internet worked. That being said no one came to change the towels or clean as indicated during our check in. The building and furniture was definitely outdated and both rooms could have used more elbow grease with the cleaning. For you RCI exchangers....this is not a Gold Crown property by any stretch of the imagination!

Room Tip: Ask for a high building number. Stay away from the pool view. It was loud and the noise went on well...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1,344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm only rating the suites we stayed in for this review or else I would search for negative numbers. The resort is very nice and easy to find very close to all the attractions. We traded our 3 bedroom gold crown at Hilton Head Island which is much nicer but wanted to visit Universal. We stayed in building 16 which is one of the newer locations with a two bedroom unit. The bedrooms are adjoined with a common foyer entrance but separate doors and locks to go into each bedroom...great if you want privacy but very difficult if you have little ones - just keep the doors propped open and lock the main entrance!

The master bedroom was very spacious with a full kitchen, dining area off the living room, king size bed with large jacuzzi tub and bathroom off of the kitchen and master. We had a 36" LCD in the living room and in the bedroom. There was also a balcony with sliding glass doors from the living room and bedroom with a 4 person table outside. The kitchen had a full fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and a closet containing a washer and dryer unit. The 2nd unit had a queen size bed, partial kitchen, living room and full bath along with an outside balcony as well. All furniture was clean, appeared fairly new and modern. The kitchen included all serving wares for six people including a wine rack and corkscrew! They also provide a coffee pot and small amount of detergent for the washer.

The property had a nice pool and large jacuzzi outside and the pool was kept a comfortable 87 degrees. The fitness center at the main entrance is small and the Internet cafe is very outdated using old HP's without any MS Office software.

**BEWARE**
Do not fall for the free tickets & breakfast for attending a sales presentation!!!!!!!!!!

I've been an RCI and II owner for over 10 years and have been very happy with them because we work hard to make sure we get the value for each. Occasionally I attend a presentation to get tickets like here for Arabian Nights....bad idea! The sales people can get a bit pushy at times but in this instance they were extremely arrogant and rude...of course after I started questioning the math, after all I am in accounting! Corinne started off very friendly taking us to breakfast about a mile from the resort. The breakfast was nothing more than a very simple hotel buffet but very nice location for future reference. She talked about her family and was very pleasant but became very defensive with every question asked. As we were leaving breakfast she informed us we should leave a tip for the waitress while she went and paid for the breakfast...really?? Once we arrived back at the sales center she barely made eye contact and often left the table finally getting her manager to visit us. He proceeded to tell us that people in NC must like to waste money since we were not interested in his pitch and "fantastic offer" to convert us from weeks to points.

Of course since I never had the opportunity to attend law school but wanted to so desperately I continued to counter every statement until they had enough and sent us to the final station and last chance stop. They reviewed our reasoning but thankfully he didn't push it any further at this point and sent us to the counter to get our tickets. The whole process took 2 hours rather than the 90 minutes they spoke of but mainly because I wanted to debate the sales staff :-)

Over all I am very happy with the resort but please take my advice and NEVER attend the sales presentation at this resort...others have been ok, but not here!

Room Tip: The newer buildings above 16 are supposedly nicer and ask for a view of the pool or you'll look...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently stayed at Vacation Villages for 5 nights while we were in the area for a family reunion. We were very impressed with the spacious room and proximity to the attractions. We stayed in building 2 on the 7th floor. From our living room we could see the nightly fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom!! We wanted to stay somewhere that had a full kitchen since we have a 2 year old son. The kitchen came equipped with the typical plates, silverware, pots/pans, etc. They also had sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, and paper towels which was a nice touch. We rented a car, so we cannot comment on the shuttle service to the parks. We did use the pool near building 2, which was kept very clean. The staff at the pool was very conscious to the weather and closed the pool on several occasions due to thunder/lightening. The staff at check in and check out was very friendly and it was a smooth process.
The only reason I didn't get it an excellent rating was due to the lack of room cleaning and the old bed. We were told at check in that our room would be cleaning on Saturday and the fee was $20. We left our room Saturday morning with a sink full of dishes, a full trash and lots of dirty towels. When we returned at 530, we were disappointed to find that the room was not touched. When I called housekeeping they informed me that we would only be getting a linen refresh since we were not there a full week. I wasn't sure why they hadn't done that during the day so we had to wait for clean towels before we could all shower. Just a minor inconvenience. However, the bed in our room was terrible. It was very saggy, probably had never been turned and was in desperate need of being replaced. I did not call the desk about it since it was unlikely that we would get a new mattress during our stay.
All in all we were happy with our stay at Vacation Villages and we plan on staying again the next time we go to Disney.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

With so many options in the area, I don't understand why anyone would return to this facility. Aside from its location, right off I-4 and on Highway 192, there are very few benefits. We stayed in Building 9 in 2 spacious suites - one with 1 bedroom, a jacuzzi (which was never used) with a large kitchen, and a second unit with a smaller bedroom and a smaller, efficiency-type kitchen. The rooms seemed nice and clean, but we awoke two mornings in a row to roaches in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. I don't think I need to say anything else. I realize that it is Florida (I'm actually a full-time resident) but I also know that pest control is a must. Like I said, there's no reason to stay here. Leave the bugs behind, and stay elsewhere.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here June 23-30, 2013.
This IS NOT A GOLD CROWN RESORT!!!!! Unless you like rude, uneducated people. We stayed in building 12...the furniture is outdated by 20 or more years, the TUBE TV played most channels in Spanish..emmm I only understand English!!!! All doors in the suite jad an inch gap(including the main door). DO NOT GET TRAPPED AT THE 'pick up your parking pass here desk'......It is a timeshare pitch!!! They state as an owner we want your opinion ( cash $20). We paid thinking good deal, as they promise 2 tkts to Arabian Nights or $100 gift card(including your prepaid $20). We canceled after reading a few reviews, but the deposit is not refunded. I figured they could keep the $20 and I would keep my sanity!! DO NOT STAY HERE unless you plan on rarely using your room!!!!! Checking in was a JOKE as well, it took about 45 minutes!!! NO GYM,although they say otherwise! Broken equipment means NO GYM!! This place is run by some real dandies!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed for one week. There was plenty of room for all of us. There were two conjoined units, each with it's own bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, and washer and dryer. It was very clean and enjoyable. My only complaint was that the pull out bed in the living room was not so comfortable, but as are most.

• Stayed July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here at Vacation Village @ Parkway last week. We had a really good time there and really enjoyed the resort!! From my understanding the lower the # of the building, the older it is and is in need of renovating. The higher number building you stay in, the newer and up to date room you will have. (I have read previous Trip advisors talk of some of the rooms being outdated...why not renovate? everyone deserves to have a nice up to date room like I had) . From reading many of the Trip Advisor testimonies, I kinda knew a little going into the game. I read a review where in one of the buildings you can see the Disney fireworks every night which I thought that was pretty cool so I called and requested that type of room.... Got to check in and made my request be known, she looked things up and was able to get me the room that I requested which ended up being in building #19.(The girl at check in desk was Yomi who was very friendly girl!). After checking in I was sent over to another desk to get my parking pass. There was a man there that issued me my parking pass but then he proceeded to tell me that they wanted to "treat us to a free breakfast or lunch" and asked what day and time I would like to do this? now as I mentioned earlier, I did my homework and reading reviews and already knew what his gimmick was, even though I feel he was being sneaky by omitting this info, I knew that if you accepted the breakfast or lunch, this is a trap to get you to listen to their timeshare pitch which from my understanding ends up taking up half of your day, so I immediately told him no Im not interested, he looked a little baffled and said 'you don't want a free breakfast or lunch?' I explained to him politely no because I know from reading online that it was for the timeshare sales pitch, so his response back to me was 'so your just going to go off what you read on the internet?' (which I thought that was rude, don't question me just because I didn't agree to hearing your timeshare pitch.) I simply nodded my head yes and that was that. I was not impressed with how that was handled, if you are going to offer a "free" breakfast or lunch, you must be honest and up front and tell what its all about, do not be sneaky about it!!
So we go to our room which our building 19 is located in back of their lot by the interstate which I know having your view as the interstate may not sound appealing but it actually wasn't that bad because for several reasons......another thing I read about the trip advisor reviews was that parking situation was really bad, well since we were in the back of the property, we had this one large parking lot all to ourselves for buildings 18/19 ( we didn't have to share parking lot with other buildings) and we never had any problems with parking. The view also consisted of an huge opened up sky that was beautiful and also right across the way on other side of interstate is where you can see a little bit of Disney and also the Epcot ball.....and not to mention every night at 9:00 and 10:00 we got to see the Disney fireworks! and then the back of the building it was beautiful! it was landscaped really nice, a lot of greenery and palm trees where the pool was at....the pool and hot tub were both of a very decent size... and also right there at the pool begins a little walkway/nature trail that was really nice to have and I got some awesome pics....inside our room--it was nicely furnished/up to date, loved the huge jetted tub, the bed was super comfy, everything was clean, loved having the balcony, loved having the conveniences of having washer and dryer in the room.So all in all I was very pleased with my location of being in building 19..... also the location of hotel itself was awesome...it was close by everything...when you leave the resort you can go to left and go down the main strip on hwy 192 and theres many restraunts/gift shops/etc or you can also go to the right and drive about a couple miles down and you run into another huge stretch of a strip full of busy life/restraunts, etc...
there is a slight downside to our stay...after driving for 12 hours, we got checked in and to our rooms and the key they gave us was the wrong key! I ended up calling front desk and spoke with Katia who was not very friendly at all, I asked for manager and the phone was disconnected..? so called back and she then transferred me to the manager Carolyn who at first was nice and said she would send a worker over to give us correct key for the mistake they made.... 20 mins pass by and no one showed up so called back again, Katia answered again and said yes someone just left out a few mins ago and should be to us any minute so we continue to patiently wait... another 20 mins passes by and we call back and my husband speaks w/ manager Carolyn who was rather rude to my husband...soon after that they brought a key to us, it was actually the building manager named Victor who was very very kind and professional, he repeatedly and sincerely apologized for any inconvenience and said he would have his manager to call us to get feedback about what took place.... Victor was excellent and he smoothed things over for us and from that point on, everything about our stay there was awesome! Victor's manager did call and he apologized as well and also made things right. I don't say all this to make them look bad but rather I say it because it is worth mentioning that even though things didn't go right for a bried moment, in our particular situation-they owned up and made things right in the end and for that, that makes for good customer service.... I am a stickler when it comes to good customer service and since we didn't get good customer service at first, they were concerned and made things right.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend others to stay here and we would defintly come back again.

Room Tip: request one of the higher number buildings such as building 18/19.... if you stay on the front side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your extensive review. We really appreciate your recommendation and the time you took to detail your experience. The resort’s units and common areas are constantly in a state of renovation and maintenance. For instance we have replaced mattresses, refurbishing furniture and in the process of upgrading to all flat screen TVs. We’re thrilled that we were able to provide good customer service for you and we look forward to your return so that we may show how we’re constantly improving our resort and our service.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!