“Great stay outside of the Disney Parks” 4 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Great stay outside of the Disney Parks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently stayed at Vacation Villages for 5 nights while we were in the area for a family reunion. We were very impressed with the spacious room and proximity to the attractions. We stayed in building 2 on the 7th floor. From our living room we could see the nightly fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom!! We wanted to stay somewhere that had a full kitchen since we have a 2 year old son. The kitchen came equipped with the typical plates, silverware, pots/pans, etc. They also had sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, and paper towels which was a nice touch. We rented a car, so we cannot comment on the shuttle service to the parks. We did use the pool near building 2, which was kept very clean. The staff at the pool was very conscious to the weather and closed the pool on several occasions due to thunder/lightening. The staff at check in and check out was very friendly and it was a smooth process.
The only reason I didn't get it an excellent rating was due to the lack of room cleaning and the old bed. We were told at check in that our room would be cleaning on Saturday and the fee was $20. We left our room Saturday morning with a sink full of dishes, a full trash and lots of dirty towels. When we returned at 530, we were disappointed to find that the room was not touched. When I called housekeeping they informed me that we would only be getting a linen refresh since we were not there a full week. I wasn't sure why they hadn't done that during the day so we had to wait for clean towels before we could all shower. Just a minor inconvenience. However, the bed in our room was terrible. It was very saggy, probably had never been turned and was in desperate need of being replaced. I did not call the desk about it since it was unlikely that we would get a new mattress during our stay.
All in all we were happy with our stay at Vacation Villages and we plan on staying again the next time we go to Disney.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

With so many options in the area, I don't understand why anyone would return to this facility. Aside from its location, right off I-4 and on Highway 192, there are very few benefits. We stayed in Building 9 in 2 spacious suites - one with 1 bedroom, a jacuzzi (which was never used) with a large kitchen, and a second unit with a smaller bedroom and a smaller, efficiency-type kitchen. The rooms seemed nice and clean, but we awoke two mornings in a row to roaches in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. I don't think I need to say anything else. I realize that it is Florida (I'm actually a full-time resident) but I also know that pest control is a must. Like I said, there's no reason to stay here. Leave the bugs behind, and stay elsewhere.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here June 23-30, 2013.
This IS NOT A GOLD CROWN RESORT!!!!! Unless you like rude, uneducated people. We stayed in building 12...the furniture is outdated by 20 or more years, the TUBE TV played most channels in Spanish..emmm I only understand English!!!! All doors in the suite jad an inch gap(including the main door). DO NOT GET TRAPPED AT THE 'pick up your parking pass here desk'......It is a timeshare pitch!!! They state as an owner we want your opinion ( cash $20). We paid thinking good deal, as they promise 2 tkts to Arabian Nights or $100 gift card(including your prepaid $20). We canceled after reading a few reviews, but the deposit is not refunded. I figured they could keep the $20 and I would keep my sanity!! DO NOT STAY HERE unless you plan on rarely using your room!!!!! Checking in was a JOKE as well, it took about 45 minutes!!! NO GYM,although they say otherwise! Broken equipment means NO GYM!! This place is run by some real dandies!!!!

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed for one week. There was plenty of room for all of us. There were two conjoined units, each with it's own bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, and washer and dryer. It was very clean and enjoyable. My only complaint was that the pull out bed in the living room was not so comfortable, but as are most.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here at Vacation Village @ Parkway last week. We had a really good time there and really enjoyed the resort!! From my understanding the lower the # of the building, the older it is and is in need of renovating. The higher number building you stay in, the newer and up to date room you will have. (I have read previous Trip advisors talk of some of the rooms being outdated...why not renovate? everyone deserves to have a nice up to date room like I had) . From reading many of the Trip Advisor testimonies, I kinda knew a little going into the game. I read a review where in one of the buildings you can see the Disney fireworks every night which I thought that was pretty cool so I called and requested that type of room.... Got to check in and made my request be known, she looked things up and was able to get me the room that I requested which ended up being in building #19.(The girl at check in desk was Yomi who was very friendly girl!). After checking in I was sent over to another desk to get my parking pass. There was a man there that issued me my parking pass but then he proceeded to tell me that they wanted to "treat us to a free breakfast or lunch" and asked what day and time I would like to do this? now as I mentioned earlier, I did my homework and reading reviews and already knew what his gimmick was, even though I feel he was being sneaky by omitting this info, I knew that if you accepted the breakfast or lunch, this is a trap to get you to listen to their timeshare pitch which from my understanding ends up taking up half of your day, so I immediately told him no Im not interested, he looked a little baffled and said 'you don't want a free breakfast or lunch?' I explained to him politely no because I know from reading online that it was for the timeshare sales pitch, so his response back to me was 'so your just going to go off what you read on the internet?' (which I thought that was rude, don't question me just because I didn't agree to hearing your timeshare pitch.) I simply nodded my head yes and that was that. I was not impressed with how that was handled, if you are going to offer a "free" breakfast or lunch, you must be honest and up front and tell what its all about, do not be sneaky about it!!
So we go to our room which our building 19 is located in back of their lot by the interstate which I know having your view as the interstate may not sound appealing but it actually wasn't that bad because for several reasons......another thing I read about the trip advisor reviews was that parking situation was really bad, well since we were in the back of the property, we had this one large parking lot all to ourselves for buildings 18/19 ( we didn't have to share parking lot with other buildings) and we never had any problems with parking. The view also consisted of an huge opened up sky that was beautiful and also right across the way on other side of interstate is where you can see a little bit of Disney and also the Epcot ball.....and not to mention every night at 9:00 and 10:00 we got to see the Disney fireworks! and then the back of the building it was beautiful! it was landscaped really nice, a lot of greenery and palm trees where the pool was at....the pool and hot tub were both of a very decent size... and also right there at the pool begins a little walkway/nature trail that was really nice to have and I got some awesome pics....inside our room--it was nicely furnished/up to date, loved the huge jetted tub, the bed was super comfy, everything was clean, loved having the balcony, loved having the conveniences of having washer and dryer in the room.So all in all I was very pleased with my location of being in building 19..... also the location of hotel itself was awesome...it was close by everything...when you leave the resort you can go to left and go down the main strip on hwy 192 and theres many restraunts/gift shops/etc or you can also go to the right and drive about a couple miles down and you run into another huge stretch of a strip full of busy life/restraunts, etc...
there is a slight downside to our stay...after driving for 12 hours, we got checked in and to our rooms and the key they gave us was the wrong key! I ended up calling front desk and spoke with Katia who was not very friendly at all, I asked for manager and the phone was disconnected..? so called back and she then transferred me to the manager Carolyn who at first was nice and said she would send a worker over to give us correct key for the mistake they made.... 20 mins pass by and no one showed up so called back again, Katia answered again and said yes someone just left out a few mins ago and should be to us any minute so we continue to patiently wait... another 20 mins passes by and we call back and my husband speaks w/ manager Carolyn who was rather rude to my husband...soon after that they brought a key to us, it was actually the building manager named Victor who was very very kind and professional, he repeatedly and sincerely apologized for any inconvenience and said he would have his manager to call us to get feedback about what took place.... Victor was excellent and he smoothed things over for us and from that point on, everything about our stay there was awesome! Victor's manager did call and he apologized as well and also made things right. I don't say all this to make them look bad but rather I say it because it is worth mentioning that even though things didn't go right for a bried moment, in our particular situation-they owned up and made things right in the end and for that, that makes for good customer service.... I am a stickler when it comes to good customer service and since we didn't get good customer service at first, they were concerned and made things right.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend others to stay here and we would defintly come back again.

Room Tip: request one of the higher number buildings such as building 18/19.... if you stay on the front side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your extensive review. We really appreciate your recommendation and the time you took to detail your experience. The resort’s units and common areas are constantly in a state of renovation and maintenance. For instance we have replaced mattresses, refurbishing furniture and in the process of upgrading to all flat screen TVs. We’re thrilled that we were able to provide good customer service for you and we look forward to your return so that we may show how we’re constantly improving our resort and our service.
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been owners at Vacation Village at Parkway since the summer of 2004. This year we were booked in building 16 on the ninth floor. We use both unit A and unit C when we vacation. In this new building both units had a jacuzzi tub as opposed to just unit A in older buildings. We had a great view of the nightly fireworks at Disney. The units are very nice. I would be nice if they had an area of the resort where adults can relax without children. Having children swimming underwater in the hot tub is not exactly relaxing.

When we checked in we were required by customer service to give them $20 and make appointment to free breakfast and tour. I knew the drill since I have had to go there every time I come. Contrary to what they say, you will be stuck sitting through hard sell tactics. I told them upfront that I would not be upgrading and didn't bring any forms of payment with me for that reason. I had to go through FOUR different individuals over the course of two hours before I got my gift. They just don't accept no for an answer. I was extremely frustrated but knew that there was no way I could be pressured that day. You are better off just kissing the $20 goodbye and not going to this strong arm selling event unless you enjoy torture.

Room Tip: You do not want to get a unit in buildings 18 and 19 because they are right next to I-4 which is a m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments because we always love hearing from our owners. All C Units have Jacuzzi tubs regardless of their building location. We have a children’s pool area and playground on property but many guests request specific buildings when they check in. We’re sorry that you felt required to attend the breakfast and tour. This tour is not mandatory, but we do recommend it so guests can learn all about the benefits of timeshare and new updates regarding ownership. Gifts are offered in exchange for attendance and a $20 deposit is required to secure an appointment. The appointment requirements are noted on the receipt. We’ve had thousands of travelers take advantage of the perks provided in exchange for the tour and we’re sorry that you did not find this time beneficial. We hope that our spacious rooms and great location will entice you to return and stay with us again the next time you’re in Orlando.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've been owners since 1991. Building 17, 3rd floor, unit A was new, fresh, and had a full kitchen, as opposed to unit C, so ask for Unit A in the newer building. Our one bedroom unit overlooked the beautiful pool area, and it was a neat, modern unit. We liked the decor, the jacuzzi tub, and tvs. The negatives were that the elevators were very far away from the room, poor water pressure in the shower, bathroom sink faucet only gave hot water, when kitchen water was used, someone showering got burned! Sleeper sofa mattress was extremely dilapidated and stained. (We used an air mattress instead!) You need to pay the extra fee to upgrade Internet or it will NOT work. The most disturbing part was that we were asked at check-in if we were "aware of established member updates available to us". When we said no, we were told it would not be a sales pitch to buy anything IF we'd attend a breakfast. We took our children and ended up WASTING at least 3 hours of our vacation day. George attempted to persuade us to upgrade our ownership by spending $6000! When we tried to say no, he really pressured us, and we had to go talk to another pushy agent. We refused to spend more, and they finally "let" us go, but not before asking us to provide referrals of people they could contact. Even though we are owners at this resort, we will not return.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us because we appreciate hearing from our owners. We’re certainly disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered at our property during your stay. It is our priority to provide all of our owners with exceptional service and comfortable accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations during your vacation. We would very much like to welcome you back in the future so that we may have an opportunity to exceed all of your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback as it does not go unnoticed.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!