“No Hassles” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
preach305
“No Hassles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

I booked thru an RCI Exchange (Weston). After I checked I in, i got the usual Inquiry questions, politely answered them, told them I was not interested in a tour and THAT was it. I never heard from them again. Don't let people scare you away from this place. It was a short drive to ALL of Disney, easy access to Highways, convient to Walgreens, Publix. Now I have stayed here and Weston and no complaints. Beds were good enough, no noise from neighbors. Facilities were clean and staff was nice when I interacted with them. Mutliple pools on site. 1 day got to Pool 3 at 10:00 and we were the only people there!. Will come back with no hesitation.

• Liked — Close to parks
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just returned from our stay at Vacation Village. I'm not sure why but I felt I wasn't getting the full value of my timeshare by staying her through an RCI Exchange. I was wrong. The resort is really nice and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

The check in process was a breeze and I was directed to the timeshare desk. She asked a view probing questions about where my home timeshare was and was I there through an exchange but I knew what she was getting at. I told her I had just upgraded my timeshare and was not interested in anything else. She left it at that but invited me to a free breakfast and to receive my "free gift." Psh, yeah right!! Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. I said thank you and went about my merry way.

We stayed in room 9603A and had a parking lot view. It was a really nice unit but I highly recommend requesting an A unit if possible. I saw a B unit and they are pretty small; fine for couples but a bit small for a family of four. Our unit was extremely clean and well equipped with everything we needed.

The pool was really nice and clean. They provided lemonade which is really nice while you are at the pool relaxing. The high rise building around the pool is something I didn't like. It made me feel surrounded and it cast a shadow on most if not all of the pool as the day went by.

The location of this resort is probably its best feature. It’s no more than 5 minutes from the Disney gates; follow the signs to whatever park or part of Disney you want to go to. The resort is also close to every restaurant, store, go-karts, convenience store etc you can imagine. Everything is right there for you.

The only other negative thing I can think of is the parking. After a day at the parks you might have to park at little ways away from your building. When your feet are killing you from walking all day the last thing you want to do is park the car and walk a ways to your unit.

Overall, Vacation Village actually turned out to be a great place to stay.

• Liked — The location is perfect.
  • Disliked — The parking and the high rise building around the pool area.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Fabulous resort with all the amenities. We had an "A" suite with full kitchen and Jacuzzi. We checked in an hour early and room wasn't cleaned from previous tenants. Housekeeping had someone in within 10 minutes to rectify the situation. They even gave us one extra day of housekeeping for the inconvenience, even though it wasn't totally their fault. Had a problem with the A/C not shutting off and room was down to 68 overnight one evening. Maintenance came within 10 minutes and found the thermostat in the "B" unit set to 55, and since both units share the same air conditioner, our temp was not being controlled properly. I have absolutely no complaints about the wonderful facilities or the customer service staff. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and accomodating. However, I strongly urge you NOT to accept the offer of a "FREE" breakfast. Regardless of what you're told, you will be pressured into purchasing or upgrading. The high-pressure sales people used tactics that appalled both my wife and I. After 3+ hours of a confusing high-pressure sales pitch, we had to literally threaten to walk out before they would give us our $20 refund. (we didn't have time for the Arabian Nights Show tickets). Without the sales pitch, I would have definitely given Vacation Village an Excellent rating.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

This resort is minutes from Disney! They have onsite ticket sales, multiple pools, and have dining within walking distance. The resort is very new and is located right off the interstate (without the interstate noise) which allows for easy access to everything Orlando has to offer. I exit from Disney, a few miles from Celebration, down the road from 'Old Town Kissimmee', and next door to Arabian Nights dinner theatre.

The resort has 2 types of 1 bedroom accomodations. The first is a 1 bedroom with a standard bathroom, partial kitchen (has a 2 burner plug-in cook surface and no oven), and patio/balcony. The second is roughly twice the size and has a full kitchen with all the bells and whistles, a master bath with jacuzzi tub, and patio/balcony. They also have 2 bedroom villas which consist of combing the 2-1 bedroom condos into 1 big condo!

All of the rooms at this resort are beautiful! Nicely appointed, but note the resort does not offer housekeeping or towel changes unless you want to pay an additional fee.

• Liked — Proximaty to Disney and complimentary computer room!
  • Disliked — The pools are shaded by the high rises.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
mslucy07
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I stayed at this resort using an RCI exchange. We had the lock-out unit (A & B) in Bldg. 4. Ours was the corner unit with the small patio facing the street and the larger patio facing the children's play area.

The unit was large (both units combined are 1300 SF). Each features a kitchen and bath. Kitchen is well stocked with utensils, etc. We took advantage of the outdoor gas grills and BBQ'd several evenings. The unit overlooking the street was quite noisy in the evening with traffic noise, etc. Also, due to the street lights it was not completely dark.

The main unit has a large bathroom including dual sinks and a jacuzzi tub in unit.

We agreed to the "free breakfast" which turned into a 3-hour time-share presentation. Even after repeatedly telling our sales person, Chet, that we were not interested and were not going to purchase we had to meet with two more individuals before receiving our voucher for "free" gift.

Upon check-in you will be asked if you would like to attend the Arabian Nights Dinner Show. If you agree, you will then be asked for a $20 deposit which you receive back once you have gone through the presentation for timeshare (or you will receive 4 tickets to the show). We told them that we were not interested in the presentation and were told that we would only be asked to view the new model and give them our opinion on features that could be changed. Once we arrived for breakfast, we were told that we needed to drive to Celebration (a community located a few miles from Vacation Village). There they have a breakfast buffet that once you are finished with you then drive back to Vacation Village. It is a full blown timeshare selling presentation so don't be fooled.

We did enjoy the Arabian Nights Dinner Show (for $5/ticket - it would not be worth the $56/person posted price).

We used the pool quite a bit - it seemed quite warm and several people in the pool noted that they thought the water to be warmer than necessary. They have activities going on throughout the day.

Overall, I loved the unit. I would skip the breakfast/timeshare presentation. I would attend the dinner show if tickets were offered at $5/each without having to sit through breakfast.

This resort is CLOSE TO DISNEY so convenience is the key!!!!

• Liked — Size of the unit
  • Disliked — Noise
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I just returned from an 9 night stay and I honestly cried when it was time to leave! Everything was exactly as shown on their website. The place was gorgeous! The check in was smooth and fast but they charged me a $100.00 security deposit which was not mentioned to me when I booked or in any terms & conditions I could find. Luckily I had it or there probaly would have been a fight and I'm not sure who would have won. I'd ask about it if I stayed again- to make sure I had it in my budget.
We got a parking lot view in bldg #7- we had both the A & the B sides. The place was really pretty and clean - we had problems with the pullout in the A side LR when we arrived- they were there within 10 mins (at 11pm) and fixed the problem asap! Both units were stocked with everything you could need. There was plenty of towels and soap - including dish, laundry, and dishwasher detergents - but no shampoo or conditioner. I wish I would have believed the washer & drier in every unit... they were in both the A and the B units. If I wasn't so paranoid I could have saved myself the $25.oo overweight fee for my humongo suitcase and washed clothes while I was there.
My favorite thing about the place was the jacuzzi next to the king size bed! I often layed in the jacuzzi wondering how many other people took 2+ baths a day while staying there.
We used the internet room once while there. It was packed but had at least 6 terminals and you could print which was a plus. I never saw the fitness room or the game room - but kids at the pool told my kids it was nice. There wasn't anything there that wasn't nice.
The pools are nice and big but do get very crowded. We went early in the am -we'd get a dip in before the parks and then when we got back from dinner. Only complaint there was the pool water was like in the 90's which was good in the morning but not that fun in the midday heat of late April.
I highly recommend VVP. I would like to go back again next year. I read some reviews where there was mention of harassment from the timeshare people- I have to say I saw them giving tours but they never once bothered us. I booked thru the management co- and maybe thats why- but It was very nice not to be bothered for 9 days. This place was A+ in my book. Well worth the price and the distance to Disney alone is worth it. Book it... you'll be glad you did!!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Perth Onatrio Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We booked this through RCI and were told it was lucky to get a A & B unit and so I booked 2 suites and was totally happy with them. After reading some reviews it might help to let people know A & B means a 2 suite suite with a large bedroom(kingsized Bed) TV in bedroom Cheater door to main bath, living room (big screen TV) with pullout couch and doors to balcony and large Kitchen (Dining area and table). As well another lockable door to a smaller suite with living room, Bathroom and Bedroom (double Bed and TV). We brought friends that had identical suites and we were extremely please they liked it as well.

I'm sorry but none of the bad reviews I read applied. We were greeted at the registration with a request to see a TIMESHARE presentation but politely said no and that was the end of it.

The resort had some activites at the pool and the water was great. To anyone who said the noise was too much from the pool should really see the resort is for families and if you don't like that go elsewhere.

The only negative is no highspeed internet in the rooms - nowadays its a must! It is available at the business center at the check-in building but would have preferred it at the room - they could charge for it!????

Overall a pleasant stay and the photos on this site are accurate about the rooms. I woud come back simply for its location alone (I4 only seconds away and so only minutes to all parks and 5 mins. from Disney!) so on a scale of 1-10 I give this 8.5

• Liked — Proxmity to Parks and Retauraunts
  • Disliked — Size of suite
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!