“Awesome Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We checked in on a Sunday night and were greeted by such vibrant and friendly staff. I asked for a newer room and my wish was granted. The employees put us in building 16 and upgraded us to an A/C unit as opposed to an A/B unit. A/C's are bigger. The room was very clean, well decorated and appointed. Building 16 is closest to the biggest pool. The resort is huge and offers a shuttle to/fro other buildings and the main check-in area. The check-in building also houses the fitness center and internet lounge. We looked at the fitness center and opted to workout at "celebration health" as the resort's gym doesn't have free weights. We used the interenet lounge to print our boarding passes - and everything went well. We were in the Orlando area for only a few nights - so we didn't have time to enjoy the amenities the resort has to offer, but all looked awesome.

By the way..if you don't want to deal with all the timeshare crap - simply tell them "no thank you" when they offer you the free breakfast while getting your parking pass. The individual I dealt with was obviously frustrated with me - so that was a bit annoying...but it beats having them call you everyday.

Room Tip: Building 16-19 - newer buildings
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We’re so happy to read that you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and that the accommodations and our staff exceeded your expectations. Our employees take great pride in delivering outstanding service to guests and sharing this type of feedback lets them know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We hope you decide to come back to Orlando soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I are staying in an "A" unit in Building 9 for a week-long getaway. This unit has a nice floorplan, and the kitchen is efficient and organized well. The living room and balcony are spacious, and we have a great view of the pool. We are using the pool each day from 11 to 1, hardly anyone there (everyone is at the theme parks is our theory). Wonderful pool, clean, about 80 degrees, spa kept at 104 degrees, also clean. Pool furniture is basic plastic stuff, clean and comfortable and easy to wipe rain off.

We had a problem with the jacuzzi tub in our room - the on/off switch got stuck in the on position. The building maintenance crew was up in 45 minutes and installed a new swith, problem solved. Enjoyed the jacuzzi a lot.

The king size bed in our unit is very comfortable. We slept like babies, it was very peaceful and quiet at 10 pm. (Pool closes at 10 pm).

The location is great, there are restaurants and grocery stores within a mile. The entrance ramp to get to Disney and Universal Studios is a mile from the property. It takes us 10 minutes to get to Disney parks and 20 minuts to get to Universal Studios. We have an annual pass to Disney so we enjoy going there in the evenings for dinner at Epcot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the glowing recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort! It’s our goal to provide a great vacation at a great value and we’re happy to hear that we are succeeding in making your visit a memorable one. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again on your next getaway to Orlando.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just returned from a week in Orlando.
Traveling with 5 members of immediate family (2 parents, 3 Kids. 5, 9, 12)
Also with 2 Grandmothers + Aunt.

We were able to Trade our Timeshare points for 2 units (Total 4 bedrooms) at Vacation Villages.
We have stayed at other Vacation Villages properties around the country so basically knew what to expect.

This is a timeshare, there will be a sales pitch, or an attempt at a sales pitch. Just politly refuse a few times and they will get the message. Checkin had main pitch.

Units:
VERY large. Each 2 Bedroom unit COULD sleep 8. Larger side has King Bed + Sleeper sofa. Smaller Side has Double Bed + Sleeper sofa. Each side has Bathroom with Shower (No tub).

Units we had were aging a little. Couches especially were not very comfortable. Construction dumpster in the parking lot makes It appear they are rehabbing some of the units.

Kitchens: Appliances were basic but fine. Cookware was limited, but basically what we expect from a timeshare. There was "Enough" of everything, but for our group, glad we could borrow from any of the 4 kitchens we had (Larger side has full kitchen, smaller has microwave + hotplate only)

All staff we interacted with were great. Polite & efficient. We ran into cleaning + maintenance staff in the elevators a few times and each time they yielded to us to make sure we got the space we needed and they waited.

Location is great. Minutes to Disney. Ability to take food into Disney or return to your unit to cook will save you hundreds of dollars vs. eating park food.

As others mentioned, wifi is weak, And we got charged an extra $25 fee not previously communicated for Wifi, Safe, and resort activities. Not unreasonable, but frustrating that it was a surprise at checkin.

Free Grills were nice for a cookout. Supplied grill implements were new and good. (Checked out from pool attendant) Pool attendant could also exchange pool towels, but towels were available in your room at checkin.

Only 2 real complaints are that with a 2nd floor unit, overlooking the pool. It was loud in the evenings. Pool open until 11 PM. Our Kids got frustrated others were playing in the pool when we were putting them to bed. (We're a get up early and get tot eh park when it opens family)
2nd issue was that all the "Card Readers" for all the doors were finicky. Annoyance more than anything else.

Overall great trip, units exactly what we expected, and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Would suggest requesting a room AWAY from the Pools. Pools open until 11 PM, hearing others frolic i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway. We’re happy that you and your family enjoyed your accommodations and our great location. We’re sorry that you were surprised by newly implemented resort fee. It is our understanding that it is noted on all RCI confirmation letters when a unit is reserved. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to welcome you again to Orlando!
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First things first, it's a timeshare resort. They are going to nickel and dime you and bug you with sales pitches. We have stayed here twice now and when you know what to expect from a timeshare community then you know how to make your stay more enjoyable. Namely unplug your phone and avoid all the "free" offers.

Pros:
-Location location location...close to everything Disney.
-We were in building 14 and the rooms were updated and nice.
-Every staff member we encountered was very friendly.
-Lots of activities for younger kids to enjoy if you have a few days where you plan to stay around the resort.
-Everything you need is in your room

Cons:
-We could hear every step the folks above us made
-$25 resort fee for the activities and "free" snowcones
-Wifi included in the $25 fee is sloooow and sketchy at best
-Remember, this is a timeshare community...they will try to sell you something

All in all we like this place. Like I said we have stayed here twice and would stay again if the opportunity was there. We have stayed at Orange Lake and both places have pros and cons that you have to weigh against each other. Overall we have been happy staying here.

Room Tip: ask for a non parking lot balcony. unplug your phone if you dont want sales calls. dont goto any m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We love to hear from families such as yours about their repeat visits at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The resort’s staff does their best to ensure that travelers feel welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the excitement of the area’s world-renowned attractions. Thank you again for your post and for recognizing the value we offer our guests. It is very much appreciated!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ok, I want to give people my assessment of this stay....I am in building 16...I asked for a high floor to see the fireworks from Disney and Sharelle who checked me in went out of her way to fulfill my request!!! My room is gorgeous and clean. Everything works. I have an A/C unit. I don't have 1 bad thing to say. Yes, the hot water could be hotter...that is MY preference versus a set back. The bathroom lighting is a little dim and they forgot to give us dish rags....NOT A VACATION RUINER!!! I own at another property and previewed this one last year. I read the reviews...ask for a newer building if that is what you want. Customer service has been outstanding. I asked for towels and got them in an hour or so. Went to timeshare breakfast to get $100...I told them I didn't want to buy...guess what? I got my money and I didn't buy a thing!!!! Remember buildings 16/17 are new! They are building 2 more units so they will be better than the rest! Ask for it if that's what you want!!!! Pools were crowded but nice. Overall.....best stay ever!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your awesome review on Vacation Village at Parkway! We’re so pleased that the accommodations were to your liking and that our staff was welcoming. The next time that you want to be close to all the excitement that Orlando has to offer, we hope that you will once again choose Vacation Village at Parkway Resort!
Valinhos, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Unfortunately, I was a victim of a ‘trap’ and we had to stay in this horrible place.
The condo that we stayed in was disgusting. Everything was very dirty. From the floor, carpet, sofa bed, toaster, windows etc. Even complaining to the manager and showing the pictures, he did not care and neither changed the condo, even I saying that I was with my two kids who have allergic rhinitis.
The maid had the courage to leave a note that she had cleaned the condo. Look, if it was cleaning, I'll apply for the job as a cleaner because I will earn salary and gratuity and I would not have to work.
The TV was tube and had no DVD player. The condo HAD VCR. This is unbelievable.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place. The building 6 is pet friendly.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the highlights of your Orlando trip with us. We’re certainly disappointed to read that our property didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. It is our priority to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations during your vacation. We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort but understand if you choose not to. Thank you again for your feedback as it does not go unnoticed.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a seasonal cast member at Disney, and I needed a place to stay for the month of June. This place is incredible. On the day of my check-in I called to see if it would be possible to check in early, and the woman on the phone said I could try and if my room wasn't ready they could take my bags. I got there about an hour early and everything was ready. Check in takes longer here than normal hotels, which is to be expected. Everyone was wonderful and extremely helpful. The room is great and the bed is very comfortable. I have a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. I've been here for almost a week, and I will be here for 2 more. My room has a washer and dryer which is a great surprise. The only changes I would want would be more lighting in the bathroom and better wifi. Premium service for wifi is available for an extra $1.50 a day, but I'd rather just cope with the normal internet that is capable of being just fine. I haven't had a chance to use the pool or anything yet, but I'm hoping to get down there before I leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, we’re happy to read that you’re enjoying your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Our many room amenities and close location to the Disney parks make for an awesome vacation, as well as a great home base for an extended stay. We hope that you will get some time to enjoy the resort’s amenities before you leave and we appreciate your patronage at Vacation Village at Parkway.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!