“Not Amazing But a Good Value if You Know What to Expect.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Knoxville, TN
“Not Amazing But a Good Value if You Know What to Expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First things first, it's a timeshare resort. They are going to nickel and dime you and bug you with sales pitches. We have stayed here twice now and when you know what to expect from a timeshare community then you know how to make your stay more enjoyable. Namely unplug your phone and avoid all the "free" offers.

Pros:
-Location location location...close to everything Disney.
-We were in building 14 and the rooms were updated and nice.
-Every staff member we encountered was very friendly.
-Lots of activities for younger kids to enjoy if you have a few days where you plan to stay around the resort.
-Everything you need is in your room

Cons:
-We could hear every step the folks above us made
-$25 resort fee for the activities and "free" snowcones
-Wifi included in the $25 fee is sloooow and sketchy at best
-Remember, this is a timeshare community...they will try to sell you something

All in all we like this place. Like I said we have stayed here twice and would stay again if the opportunity was there. We have stayed at Orange Lake and both places have pros and cons that you have to weigh against each other. Overall we have been happy staying here.

Room Tip: ask for a non parking lot balcony. unplug your phone if you dont want sales calls. dont goto any m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We love to hear from families such as yours about their repeat visits at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The resort’s staff does their best to ensure that travelers feel welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the excitement of the area’s world-renowned attractions. Thank you again for your post and for recognizing the value we offer our guests. It is very much appreciated!

1,398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ok, I want to give people my assessment of this stay....I am in building 16...I asked for a high floor to see the fireworks from Disney and Sharelle who checked me in went out of her way to fulfill my request!!! My room is gorgeous and clean. Everything works. I have an A/C unit. I don't have 1 bad thing to say. Yes, the hot water could be hotter...that is MY preference versus a set back. The bathroom lighting is a little dim and they forgot to give us dish rags....NOT A VACATION RUINER!!! I own at another property and previewed this one last year. I read the reviews...ask for a newer building if that is what you want. Customer service has been outstanding. I asked for towels and got them in an hour or so. Went to timeshare breakfast to get $100...I told them I didn't want to buy...guess what? I got my money and I didn't buy a thing!!!! Remember buildings 16/17 are new! They are building 2 more units so they will be better than the rest! Ask for it if that's what you want!!!! Pools were crowded but nice. Overall.....best stay ever!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your awesome review on Vacation Village at Parkway! We’re so pleased that the accommodations were to your liking and that our staff was welcoming. The next time that you want to be close to all the excitement that Orlando has to offer, we hope that you will once again choose Vacation Village at Parkway Resort!
Valinhos, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Unfortunately, I was a victim of a ‘trap’ and we had to stay in this horrible place.
The condo that we stayed in was disgusting. Everything was very dirty. From the floor, carpet, sofa bed, toaster, windows etc. Even complaining to the manager and showing the pictures, he did not care and neither changed the condo, even I saying that I was with my two kids who have allergic rhinitis.
The maid had the courage to leave a note that she had cleaned the condo. Look, if it was cleaning, I'll apply for the job as a cleaner because I will earn salary and gratuity and I would not have to work.
The TV was tube and had no DVD player. The condo HAD VCR. This is unbelievable.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place. The building 6 is pet friendly.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing the highlights of your Orlando trip with us. We’re certainly disappointed to read that our property didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. It is our priority to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations during your vacation. We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort but understand if you choose not to. Thank you again for your feedback as it does not go unnoticed.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a seasonal cast member at Disney, and I needed a place to stay for the month of June. This place is incredible. On the day of my check-in I called to see if it would be possible to check in early, and the woman on the phone said I could try and if my room wasn't ready they could take my bags. I got there about an hour early and everything was ready. Check in takes longer here than normal hotels, which is to be expected. Everyone was wonderful and extremely helpful. The room is great and the bed is very comfortable. I have a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. I've been here for almost a week, and I will be here for 2 more. My room has a washer and dryer which is a great surprise. The only changes I would want would be more lighting in the bathroom and better wifi. Premium service for wifi is available for an extra $1.50 a day, but I'd rather just cope with the normal internet that is capable of being just fine. I haven't had a chance to use the pool or anything yet, but I'm hoping to get down there before I leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, we’re happy to read that you’re enjoying your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Our many room amenities and close location to the Disney parks make for an awesome vacation, as well as a great home base for an extended stay. We hope that you will get some time to enjoy the resort’s amenities before you leave and we appreciate your patronage at Vacation Village at Parkway.
Holyoke, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Overall the wife and I had a very nice time in the 1 bedroom suite on the 10th floor in the rear buildings (16). We Did not expect to be bombarded with fees and deposits at check in. First the additional $100.00 deposit at check in for the suite, a $20.00 table deposit for the free lunch offer. and proceeded to the $25.00 resort fee. When I complained she (the front desk clerk) said she would wave the resort charge, Found out later that she made sure to not give us the code for the free wifi.

We then went to the room and the key cards would not work for at least 10-15 attempts with my card . The wife tried hers and on the 12th try after I took the door handle and shook it a few times, 3 more attempts the door released and opened. Tried it again and it opened. After dinner we returned and went through the same thing all over again. We then went to the front desk and advised the clerk of the problem, we were give a long explanation and new cards. Returned to the magic door and had no further problems.

The suite was larger than I expected. The bedroom was very spacious with sliders to the balcony and on the other side a whirlpool tub. The tub area was also large with plenty of room. A large kitchen was equipped with everything a starter home would have. Living room and dining room combo had plenty of room for two or three. The suite was very clean and everything has its place.

All the printed material given to us indicated that there is maid service. We were there Saturday to Saturday and at check in were instructed that the maid would be in on Wednesday to clean and prep the room. I could not tell what was cleaned or not, but the two coffee cups and spoon were put away. We did receive new towel and wash clothes. Since we have a habit of always making up our own bed at home we did the same here and I would only guess because of that the sheets were not changed. I'm not sure that changing the sheets is something they do with only a week stay.

The location in our opinion is great. Although, our purpose was not Disney, other than having a couple of dinners at our favorite places, we wanted something in the middle of state as we visited Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach on the east and Tampa-Clearwater areas.on the west.

Oh, Ya! The free lunch. Well, We were given a choice of breakfast or a lunch, we chose a lunch. We were instructed to go to the preview center at 2 pm on Sunday. We did arrive and checked in and met with a representative who escorted us to a buffet lunch. The buffet was limited with only a few items. Then returned to the center where we were escorted to a table and the representative started the time share presentation. We finally walked out 3 hours later. Be prepared for high pressure sales.

Aside from the hidden fees, room key problems, less than customers attentive clerks, and high pressure sales of time share did not dampen our spirit and we still had a great time in a very nice room.

Room Tip: Information we received from various sources indicated that the best areas were in the rear and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review. We’re thankful that overall you enjoyed your time at our resort but are dismayed to read of the issues you experienced during your trip. Your review doesn’t state how you made your reservations but we know that on most travel sites it is posted that additional fees are required. The lunch promotion is not mandatory but is offered to guests who would like to survey the timeshare. We’re sorry for the issue you had with your room key and our staff. Mechanical issues will sometimes occur but we try very hard to prevent them from becoming a nuisance. Since the resort is a timeshare property daily maid service is not included. We do however provide mid week service for guests staying five or more days. This service is noted in the guest manual and consists of trash removal, towels exchange and light tidy. Thank you again for commenting on your stay and we hope that our great location and nice rooms will entice you to allow us to share our hospitality with you again on your next Orlando vacation.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We exchanged through RCI for this resort and yet we still felt treated like property owners. We enjoyed our stay in building 16 on a ground level unit (per my request since I have small children), with a pool view. We booked two bedrooms, but what we received were two adjoining units, both with king beds. This was a bonus for us. Although we did not need the extra kitchen, my children thoroughly enjoyed having their own living space to watch cartoons & felt extra special to have a master bed/bath all to themselves. In other words, we all felt very comfortable here. The unit was new & clean with modern decor which was very appealing. Its also worth mentioning that although they played music at the pool each day, it never interrupted our sleep which is important as we are not morning people especially when vacationing (remember 1st floor unit). The wi-fi was the only thing worth noting as a downside to this resort as we were not able to get online at all the whole trip, but hey, its supposed to be vacation so putting down the phones & electronic devices didn't hurt us much. I would definitely return to this property and recommend it highly to anyone considering a comfortable, family friendly, convenient to EVERYTHING place in Orlando!

Room Tip: Arrive early for check in that way you can ask if they have availability for your room preferences.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First impressions are lasting and we’re glad to know that our resort made a great impression on you! Thank you for your 5-star recommendation of our resort and our awesome rooms. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you and your family again at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort the next time you’re in Orlando.
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've been an owner in Vacation Village at Parkway for 9 years. This was the first trip we've had to VV that disappointed us. We had both the A and B side, my kids in K, my wife and I in A. Our icemaker , broiler in the oven, toaster and dryer heat didnt work. One of the days we were housebound because of Tropical Storm Andrea so we spent the entire day indoors watching Redbox. I called front desk at 9am and asked to speak to J. Rojas, who the business card in the elevator said was the building manager, to present the list of things wrong to. I was told that Mr R was not at work that day and theyd have someone else call me... "Trent" maybe? That person never did. I've always gotten quick service from VV, but this time the resort disappointed.

The room was clean and quiet. The outside carpet in the hallway was terribly dirty, with a huge worn spot in the room opposite ours. We were missing several items from the room gear. Also had no list of room gear to compare against, as we have had in the past.

Room Tip: The lower number buildings are older. The pools dont get full sun during the day, can be a good thin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in this industry and we clearly dropped the ball. We’re sorry for the issues you had with our resort and staff and have notified the resort’s management team so that it may be addressed. We appreciate your loyalty as an owner and we’re thankful that we have been able to provide you with memorable vacations for so many years. We hope that you will return again so that that we may have another opportunity to show you why we’re always the best choice for an Orlando vacation.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!