“Vacation Village at Parkway” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Vacation Village at Parkway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a seasonal cast member at Disney, and I needed a place to stay for the month of June. This place is incredible. On the day of my check-in I called to see if it would be possible to check in early, and the woman on the phone said I could try and if my room wasn't ready they could take my bags. I got there about an hour early and everything was ready. Check in takes longer here than normal hotels, which is to be expected. Everyone was wonderful and extremely helpful. The room is great and the bed is very comfortable. I have a one bedroom with a partial kitchen. I've been here for almost a week, and I will be here for 2 more. My room has a washer and dryer which is a great surprise. The only changes I would want would be more lighting in the bathroom and better wifi. Premium service for wifi is available for an extra $1.50 a day, but I'd rather just cope with the normal internet that is capable of being just fine. I haven't had a chance to use the pool or anything yet, but I'm hoping to get down there before I leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you, we’re happy to read that you’re enjoying your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Our many room amenities and close location to the Disney parks make for an awesome vacation, as well as a great home base for an extended stay. We hope that you will get some time to enjoy the resort’s amenities before you leave and we appreciate your patronage at Vacation Village at Parkway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Holyoke, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Overall the wife and I had a very nice time in the 1 bedroom suite on the 10th floor in the rear buildings (16). We Did not expect to be bombarded with fees and deposits at check in. First the additional $100.00 deposit at check in for the suite, a $20.00 table deposit for the free lunch offer. and proceeded to the $25.00 resort fee. When I complained she (the front desk clerk) said she would wave the resort charge, Found out later that she made sure to not give us the code for the free wifi.

We then went to the room and the key cards would not work for at least 10-15 attempts with my card . The wife tried hers and on the 12th try after I took the door handle and shook it a few times, 3 more attempts the door released and opened. Tried it again and it opened. After dinner we returned and went through the same thing all over again. We then went to the front desk and advised the clerk of the problem, we were give a long explanation and new cards. Returned to the magic door and had no further problems.

The suite was larger than I expected. The bedroom was very spacious with sliders to the balcony and on the other side a whirlpool tub. The tub area was also large with plenty of room. A large kitchen was equipped with everything a starter home would have. Living room and dining room combo had plenty of room for two or three. The suite was very clean and everything has its place.

All the printed material given to us indicated that there is maid service. We were there Saturday to Saturday and at check in were instructed that the maid would be in on Wednesday to clean and prep the room. I could not tell what was cleaned or not, but the two coffee cups and spoon were put away. We did receive new towel and wash clothes. Since we have a habit of always making up our own bed at home we did the same here and I would only guess because of that the sheets were not changed. I'm not sure that changing the sheets is something they do with only a week stay.

The location in our opinion is great. Although, our purpose was not Disney, other than having a couple of dinners at our favorite places, we wanted something in the middle of state as we visited Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach on the east and Tampa-Clearwater areas.on the west.

Oh, Ya! The free lunch. Well, We were given a choice of breakfast or a lunch, we chose a lunch. We were instructed to go to the preview center at 2 pm on Sunday. We did arrive and checked in and met with a representative who escorted us to a buffet lunch. The buffet was limited with only a few items. Then returned to the center where we were escorted to a table and the representative started the time share presentation. We finally walked out 3 hours later. Be prepared for high pressure sales.

Aside from the hidden fees, room key problems, less than customers attentive clerks, and high pressure sales of time share did not dampen our spirit and we still had a great time in a very nice room.

Room Tip: Information we received from various sources indicated that the best areas were in the rear and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review. We’re thankful that overall you enjoyed your time at our resort but are dismayed to read of the issues you experienced during your trip. Your review doesn’t state how you made your reservations but we know that on most travel sites it is posted that additional fees are required. The lunch promotion is not mandatory but is offered to guests who would like to survey the timeshare. We’re sorry for the issue you had with your room key and our staff. Mechanical issues will sometimes occur but we try very hard to prevent them from becoming a nuisance. Since the resort is a timeshare property daily maid service is not included. We do however provide mid week service for guests staying five or more days. This service is noted in the guest manual and consists of trash removal, towels exchange and light tidy. Thank you again for commenting on your stay and we hope that our great location and nice rooms will entice you to allow us to share our hospitality with you again on your next Orlando vacation.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We exchanged through RCI for this resort and yet we still felt treated like property owners. We enjoyed our stay in building 16 on a ground level unit (per my request since I have small children), with a pool view. We booked two bedrooms, but what we received were two adjoining units, both with king beds. This was a bonus for us. Although we did not need the extra kitchen, my children thoroughly enjoyed having their own living space to watch cartoons & felt extra special to have a master bed/bath all to themselves. In other words, we all felt very comfortable here. The unit was new & clean with modern decor which was very appealing. Its also worth mentioning that although they played music at the pool each day, it never interrupted our sleep which is important as we are not morning people especially when vacationing (remember 1st floor unit). The wi-fi was the only thing worth noting as a downside to this resort as we were not able to get online at all the whole trip, but hey, its supposed to be vacation so putting down the phones & electronic devices didn't hurt us much. I would definitely return to this property and recommend it highly to anyone considering a comfortable, family friendly, convenient to EVERYTHING place in Orlando!

Room Tip: Arrive early for check in that way you can ask if they have availability for your room preferences.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First impressions are lasting and we’re glad to know that our resort made a great impression on you! Thank you for your 5-star recommendation of our resort and our awesome rooms. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you and your family again at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort the next time you’re in Orlando.
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've been an owner in Vacation Village at Parkway for 9 years. This was the first trip we've had to VV that disappointed us. We had both the A and B side, my kids in K, my wife and I in A. Our icemaker , broiler in the oven, toaster and dryer heat didnt work. One of the days we were housebound because of Tropical Storm Andrea so we spent the entire day indoors watching Redbox. I called front desk at 9am and asked to speak to J. Rojas, who the business card in the elevator said was the building manager, to present the list of things wrong to. I was told that Mr R was not at work that day and theyd have someone else call me... "Trent" maybe? That person never did. I've always gotten quick service from VV, but this time the resort disappointed.

The room was clean and quiet. The outside carpet in the hallway was terribly dirty, with a huge worn spot in the room opposite ours. We were missing several items from the room gear. Also had no list of room gear to compare against, as we have had in the past.

Room Tip: The lower number buildings are older. The pools dont get full sun during the day, can be a good thin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in this industry and we clearly dropped the ball. We’re sorry for the issues you had with our resort and staff and have notified the resort’s management team so that it may be addressed. We appreciate your loyalty as an owner and we’re thankful that we have been able to provide you with memorable vacations for so many years. We hope that you will return again so that that we may have another opportunity to show you why we’re always the best choice for an Orlando vacation.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have stayed at Vacation Village before and noticed some changes definitely not to the better. We stayed in building 12 with a A and B unit. When we first arrived the A side which is the larger unit was missing many items i.e., pot holders, potato peeler. Fortunately we had both units. You have to pay for the safe and have very limited free wifi despite paying a $25 resort fee. The wifi kept kicking you off. I have no idea what the resort fee. Your pool towels are now in your room so you need to wash them yourself after use or go to housekeeping for fresh towels. Check out was a nightmare with housekeeping filling the elevators with their carts and not allowing guests to get on with their bags. In addition maintenance was at our door at 8:30am trying to get in our room seeing if we were checked out. We also killed a few roaches in our room.

This is definitely not a gold crown resort. The units are large, clean and close to Disney. I would stay here again if the other nicer resorts are not available. In the past we have always enjoyed our stay at Vacation Village but this left us frustrated.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for posting about your recent vacation with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback because it helps us make our resort a better place. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations during your trip but we still believe that we offer a great value for those seeking an Orlando vacation. We do hope you stay with us the next time you’re in the area so that we may continue to show you how we are constantly improving our services.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very nice resort.
Location is nice near to Disney parks
Apartments r with full kitchen with enough crockery,
Washing machine & drayer.
U might need to carry washing powder.
Grocery store also very near .
Small factory outlet also next door.
Parking is free.
Have hot water jacuzzi.
They provide paid WiFi but not enough range in some area it get disconnected
& it keep asking u password is also bed
They provide shuttle to parks but we naver use it as we rent car.

We take 2 bhk for 4+4 which have jacuzzi & kids love it

Staff is friendly & helpful ,

They have travel desk who sales park tickets.

Overall experience is nice

• Stayed May 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We were so excited to hear that your family was able to take advantage of so much of what Vacation Village at Parkway has to offer. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Orlando!
utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a great experience at this property. We booked on as an extra vacation on RCI. I was worried after reading reviews, but we requested any building 15-19 and go into #18. We were on the ground floor, but our room looked out over greenery. The staff was great and our check-in was smooth as was our check out. We did go to the Timeshare Presentation because we wanted to and got $100.00 visa card to use. My only complaint was the mattresses on both the fold-out couch and the king bed - they were horrible - didn't sleep much. I would definitely stay at this property again. Close to everything. Next to I-4 so you can access Universal, Disney, SeaWorld everything.

Room Tip: Request buildings 15-19 - those are the newer ones.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. We love hearing from our guests about their experiences at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The furniture has been recently updated but its difficult to find a sofa bed mattress that everyone likes. If you should ever have this issue in the future we ask that you notify the front desk and they’ll be happy to have someone change the mattress for you. Thank you again for your detailed comments, as we’re sure they will assist others when making their own travel plans. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Vacation Village at Parkway on your next holiday!

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!