“Great!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for someone to book our Florida trip through and found Vacation Village through RCI. The rooms were not as up to date on decor but that's not really what we were concerned about. We needed a place to eat and sleep for our family of six and my parents. The privacy is great and security was very visible. Only down side was parking. After long days at Disney my hubby had to walk back to our building from the parking lot. Oh, and we had a washer and dryer so I was able to go home with mostly clean clothes!!

• Stayed March 2013
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We love to hear from families such as yours about their time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Our staff does their best to ensure that travelers feel welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the activities and amenities we offer. Please note that the resort has a covered parking garage available. Guests can pick up the resort’s shuttle to transport them to and from their building and the parking garage. Thank you for sharing and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our exciting city in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stay there last week, loved my one bedroom room, clean, comfortable bed, everything worked fine, they keep the pool warm all the time, jetted tub inside the room was a nice thing to relax after hard day. The only thing I didn't like that check in was in a different building, was like 10 minutes walking distance. Other than that, enjoyed it, would recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate it when a guest takes the time to share their experience with us. We’re pleased to know that you enjoyed all the amenities provided in your room at Vacation Village at Parkway. We’re committed to improving our service and will continue to provide our guests with great vacation experiences. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here via timeshare exchange for a solo getaway and while it was a nice property, it was one of only a handful of properties that I was not tempted to buy at (not that I do, I do have some will power). Starting with checking that took over an hour there were frequent problem. This property have checkins on Fri, Sat and Sun so it should be all hands on deck starting in the afternoon but there were only a half a dozen clerks which made for a very long line. The other properties I have stayed at have the check in running like a well oiled machine, but here each check in seemed to take more than ten minutes each. Then of course they did not have availability in any of the four building I requested so I ended up away from the pool area with a view of I-4. Then after lugging all my things up on a luggage cart that had a mind of its own the key did not work for the room after a couple of phone calls someone finally showed up to redo the key. Then when I closed the curtains/drapes for the night there were stains (I do not want to know what the stains were from) all over them, the bed sheets had been washed so much you could see thru them and feel every bump in the mattress, the shower looked like it had not been cleaned and the TV remote was not working. A maintenance came up for the remote and took notes. He said he would pass it along to the housekeeping in the am. Well housekeeping never showed up so I called at 11am the next morning and finally got the head of housekeeping who came up. He agreed that this room should have never been released for a check in because it obviously had not been checked over. I left for the day and when I came back the issues had been fixed. After that it was a comfortable stay however this property was not up to RCI Gold standards in my opinion. The outside public grounds/pools are pretty and clean but on the small side. Parking was always a problem if you came in after 9pm. Fortunately there are many timeshares to trade into in the area so I will not have to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in the travel industry and we clearly dropped the ball. We’re so sorry for the issues you had during your stay and have notified the resort’s management team so that your experience may be addressed. Thankfully after speaking to the head of housekeeping your experience was improved, but we’re still disappointed that we didn’t meet all of your expectations. We have had many satisfied guests stay with us over the years and we hope that you’ll reconsider and return so that we may have another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.
sarnia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was a guest in bldg. 19 the last week of April. As I have been there before I know it to be quite nice. I moved on to my own timeshare at Parkway International after a week. Was ill for a couple of days, had family from home, busy..didn't realize until the trip to come home, I was missing a very nice bathing suit and a silk cover-up wrap that my step-daughter had brought me back from Africa.I had worn them the first number of days at your condos, being orange and reds, I got a lot of compliments on it. As I had other suits, I switched to them. My first thought was, did I leave it in a drawer? Why would I leave just them...I always check everything. Then i remembered, our towels were replaced that thurs., which we we did not ask for! I tore over to the office, asked for housekeeping manager, said he would call me. A Micheal Wood did call that night, said he didn't look after that bldg.,call desk again for "Living-Clean Housekeeping"...Julio, manager, not there.9:00 next a.m. Sun. I was at the office, had him on the phone, could we meet. Seemed very
nice, I said please, you must know which maid was in our room that day, That wrap is very precious to me, can't be replaced. I will pay her $$$ to just get it back. Left name, e-mail, phone #, that was almost 2 wks. ago, did he throw it in the garbage...probably. I am heartsick over this.What kind of help are they hiring there..to pilfer through guests rooms!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We’re very sorry that we couldn’t locate your bathing suit for you. The incident was investigated within our housekeeping department and laundry service and nothing was found. Since it had been numerous days after you check out that you noticed the item was missing, it’s possible the item was left in a drawer and then picked up by one of the unit’s future guests. We regret that we could not locate your bathing suit and hope that this experience doesn’t deter you from visiting our resort again.
Miramar Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in bldg 9. Though it was clean, all the furniture was VERY old. The sleeper couch's springs were hard to sleep on. When you sat in the dining chairs, your butt hit the wood on the seat, cabinetry very old. Not enough linen...2 washcloths vs 8 towels! The nice things were the heated pool and the grounds. Caution for handicapped people....the doors are NOT handicap accessible! There is a button to push to exit, but none of them work and you have to prop up the doors to get inside your room. A person alone in a wheelchair would NOT have accessibility! Also, trash disposal is NOT available to first floor units. You have to go to 2nd floor to drop the trash down to the 1st floor! $25 Internet fee is a ripoff! Their website states complimentary Internet service but when you get there, it costs $25. when we told then what the website said, their answer was."we have to change our website". SCAM ALERT!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for providing your valuable feedback on our resort. We’re sorry that we failed to meet all of your expectations during your stay. Our goal is to create an experience that inspires a return visit, so we encourage our guests to share any concerns during their vacation so that they may be addressed immediately. We would have been happy to supply you with additional linens if requested. The resort features 58 ADA standard units and we ask that guests advise us of their specific needs when reserving a handicap room so that we can provide the best service. There is no scam regarding internet service because this amenity is offered in a public area at the resort. In-room WiFi is an amenity included in the $25 Resort Fee that features other amenities like our shuttle services to the theme parks. We are thankful that you enjoyed other aspects of your trip and we sincerely hope you consider staying with us again in the future.
Gerrardstown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We checked in this resort late and the night staff was wonderful. This is a wonderful place, very beautiful and close to the attractions. I gave it a poor review mainly because if you are going to stay here, stay away from the lobby and whatever you do say no to the free breakfast!!!!! We made a mistake of going to the lobby to redeem a free gift that was posted outside our door. Little did we know this was an incentive to get us to come to the lobby and have us sign up for the breakfast. What a rip-off!!! They charge you $20 that we did not get back. They tell you nothing but lies, like there is no time limit to complete the breakfast, tour the model, and do the survey. However, it will take longer than an hour, so my question is: how is there no time obligation. The man said we could take as long as we wanted, but the morning of the breakfast we were told we would need longer than an hour. We didn't want to ruin our day so, we said no and requested our money back from the manager on duty, Josh. He was so rude to us, began arguing with us and then had the nerve to tell me " do you want to look at me when I am speaking to you, or is it that you just don't care". He said this while I was watching my two year old across the room. Really??? This man got so frustrated with us when all we were doing was trying to understand what was going on. He then proceed to tell us that he was doing us a favor by offering us a breakfast. This man should obviously not be a manager, he had no people skills at all. This situation could have been handled so much better and then I wouldn't be writing this. Yes, the loss of our 20 bucks really bothers me, but what bothers me more is how it was handled. If you are staying here hope that you don't have a problem you need to go to the lobby for, check in after hours, and anytime approached for a breakfast, say no!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at our resort. We apologize for the way you were treated by a member of our marketing team and your comments have been forwarded to their management so that the lack of professionalism you experienced may be addressed. We’re thankful that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service provided by our other employees. We hope you do decide to return so that we may have a future opportunity to prove that we are the friendliest resort in Orlando.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just came back from visiting Orlando and had a great stay at Vacation Village at Parkway. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. They have full kitchens with big living room, dining area and flat screen tv's. Nice pool and best of all the resort is only about a 5 minute drive to the Disney parks. Loved this resort and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for building number 10 and up (these are the remodeled ones) We stayed in buildin...