“Convenient To The Best Of Disney!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
mslucy07
“Convenient To The Best Of Disney!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I stayed at this resort using an RCI exchange. We had the lock-out unit (A & B) in Bldg. 4. Ours was the corner unit with the small patio facing the street and the larger patio facing the children's play area.

The unit was large (both units combined are 1300 SF). Each features a kitchen and bath. Kitchen is well stocked with utensils, etc. We took advantage of the outdoor gas grills and BBQ'd several evenings. The unit overlooking the street was quite noisy in the evening with traffic noise, etc. Also, due to the street lights it was not completely dark.

The main unit has a large bathroom including dual sinks and a jacuzzi tub in unit.

We agreed to the "free breakfast" which turned into a 3-hour time-share presentation. Even after repeatedly telling our sales person, Chet, that we were not interested and were not going to purchase we had to meet with two more individuals before receiving our voucher for "free" gift.

Upon check-in you will be asked if you would like to attend the Arabian Nights Dinner Show. If you agree, you will then be asked for a $20 deposit which you receive back once you have gone through the presentation for timeshare (or you will receive 4 tickets to the show). We told them that we were not interested in the presentation and were told that we would only be asked to view the new model and give them our opinion on features that could be changed. Once we arrived for breakfast, we were told that we needed to drive to Celebration (a community located a few miles from Vacation Village). There they have a breakfast buffet that once you are finished with you then drive back to Vacation Village. It is a full blown timeshare selling presentation so don't be fooled.

We did enjoy the Arabian Nights Dinner Show (for $5/ticket - it would not be worth the $56/person posted price).

We used the pool quite a bit - it seemed quite warm and several people in the pool noted that they thought the water to be warmer than necessary. They have activities going on throughout the day.

Overall, I loved the unit. I would skip the breakfast/timeshare presentation. I would attend the dinner show if tickets were offered at $5/each without having to sit through breakfast.

This resort is CLOSE TO DISNEY so convenience is the key!!!!

• Liked — Size of the unit
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

1,398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I just returned from an 9 night stay and I honestly cried when it was time to leave! Everything was exactly as shown on their website. The place was gorgeous! The check in was smooth and fast but they charged me a $100.00 security deposit which was not mentioned to me when I booked or in any terms & conditions I could find. Luckily I had it or there probaly would have been a fight and I'm not sure who would have won. I'd ask about it if I stayed again- to make sure I had it in my budget.
We got a parking lot view in bldg #7- we had both the A & the B sides. The place was really pretty and clean - we had problems with the pullout in the A side LR when we arrived- they were there within 10 mins (at 11pm) and fixed the problem asap! Both units were stocked with everything you could need. There was plenty of towels and soap - including dish, laundry, and dishwasher detergents - but no shampoo or conditioner. I wish I would have believed the washer & drier in every unit... they were in both the A and the B units. If I wasn't so paranoid I could have saved myself the $25.oo overweight fee for my humongo suitcase and washed clothes while I was there.
My favorite thing about the place was the jacuzzi next to the king size bed! I often layed in the jacuzzi wondering how many other people took 2+ baths a day while staying there.
We used the internet room once while there. It was packed but had at least 6 terminals and you could print which was a plus. I never saw the fitness room or the game room - but kids at the pool told my kids it was nice. There wasn't anything there that wasn't nice.
The pools are nice and big but do get very crowded. We went early in the am -we'd get a dip in before the parks and then when we got back from dinner. Only complaint there was the pool water was like in the 90's which was good in the morning but not that fun in the midday heat of late April.
I highly recommend VVP. I would like to go back again next year. I read some reviews where there was mention of harassment from the timeshare people- I have to say I saw them giving tours but they never once bothered us. I booked thru the management co- and maybe thats why- but It was very nice not to be bothered for 9 days. This place was A+ in my book. Well worth the price and the distance to Disney alone is worth it. Book it... you'll be glad you did!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Perth Onatrio Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We booked this through RCI and were told it was lucky to get a A & B unit and so I booked 2 suites and was totally happy with them. After reading some reviews it might help to let people know A & B means a 2 suite suite with a large bedroom(kingsized Bed) TV in bedroom Cheater door to main bath, living room (big screen TV) with pullout couch and doors to balcony and large Kitchen (Dining area and table). As well another lockable door to a smaller suite with living room, Bathroom and Bedroom (double Bed and TV). We brought friends that had identical suites and we were extremely please they liked it as well.

I'm sorry but none of the bad reviews I read applied. We were greeted at the registration with a request to see a TIMESHARE presentation but politely said no and that was the end of it.

The resort had some activites at the pool and the water was great. To anyone who said the noise was too much from the pool should really see the resort is for families and if you don't like that go elsewhere.

The only negative is no highspeed internet in the rooms - nowadays its a must! It is available at the business center at the check-in building but would have preferred it at the room - they could charge for it!????

Overall a pleasant stay and the photos on this site are accurate about the rooms. I woud come back simply for its location alone (I4 only seconds away and so only minutes to all parks and 5 mins. from Disney!) so on a scale of 1-10 I give this 8.5

• Liked — Proxmity to Parks and Retauraunts
  • Disliked — Size of suite
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

I just returned from a stay at Vacation Village at Parkway and it was a nice place and it gets an A+ for location. The resort was very easy to find - right off a main highway. Upon arrival at around 1:00, we checked in fairly quickly. They tried to sell me the "free breakfast" but after reading the reviews here, i knew to decline. They were very understanding and didn't push me to take their offers. We were assigned room 8407B - which was just fine for me and my daughter. This is the smaller side of the unit - 1 queen bed, a smaller balcony, pull out couch, 2 televisions, good size bathroom, partial kitchen (full refrigerator, microwave and full stock of utensils and dishes) as well as a washer and dryer. I was concerned about the parking, but after a full day at disney and returning around 10:00 every night or later, i had no issues. We were right next to the parking garage but i never had to park there. I believe that the parking was limited for the main buildings 1-6, since the parking garage is quite a walk from there. However, the main pools are located by these buildings - so that is something to consider. There is a pool in between buildings 8-9 as well, but much smaller and not many activities go on at this one.
The few downsides i found to this resort was that there was no wireless internet in the rooms. It is only available in the lobby/check in building as well as the 2nd and 3rd floor lobbys of buildings 8 or 9. I used the lobby on the 2nd floor of building 8 one morning - and it is literally 2 tables, a few chairs and a bench. Nearly all the seats were taken but it was quick and easy to sign on. Another thing i noticed was the enclosed hallways made the smell of other people's food overwhelming. It was a small thing to overlook but still significant. I was always used to staying at RCI resorts where they are not "hotel" like with these enclosed hallways rather an outside entrance to each villa/room.
The resort is within 10 minutes to Disney - and very easy to access. Also, very close to supermarkets, restaurants, Dunkin Donuts (or Starbucks), Walgreens, 7 Eleven - you name it, it's within 5 minutes down the road.
Overall, it was a good stay. we were at Disney all day - so pretty much just used it to sleep it, but we had no complaints. Would probably stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no wireless internet
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE WASTING YOUR MONEY AT VACATION VILLAGE AT PARKWAY.

We bought a vacation package from them for a 3 night stay for our family of 4. On the phone, it was described as a beautiful 2 bed 2 bath room with a kitchen and hot tub and all that good stuff.LIES! When we arrived and checked in, we went to our room to find a small room with 2 beds. It was tiny, we literally walked into the bathroom first. Then straight into two beds. It had no kitchen, no refridgerator, etc. We were very dissapointed. When we called and tried to get a refund, noone was there. We were told to stay at least one night since we were already there. Now I am trying to get my refund, and they refuse to give it to me. The customer service and every single person that I talked to was very rude and disrespetful.

• Liked — pool was close, nothing else
  • Disliked — everything
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

My family of 4 just returned from a week at VVP. After reading these posts, I called ahead to request a room facing the conservation area, as we appreciate nature and quiet. The request was politely taken, although the worker didn’t appear to know what I meant when I said ‘conservation area’. I elaborated, “well, I don’t know what you call it, but it is the nature trail with the boardwalk..?” She finally seemed to realize what I was asking for and the request was noted on my reservation.

The resort is easy to find, right off of I4, then head towards Kissimmee on 192. Turn at the Arabian Nights horse show sign. Check in is on your right. We arrived around 12:30. I was greeted at the door by no less than 3 employees holding clipboards. The check in area had more than adequate amounts of staff. I was directed into the cattle gates and shortly was helped by no less than 2 staff members. They both looked into the computer and informed me that my room wasn’t ready. I was told to check back around 3:30, I was given a coupon for a free appetizer at Logan’s steak house (no thanks) and steered towards lunch.

The room not being ready was a first for me. Check in time is 4pm—but I have stayed in numerous RCI resorts and always checked in early. But I can’t fault them for this.

Returned at 3:30, with a trunk full of groceries, fought through the clipboard girls and to the counter. I was again told the room wasn’t ready. I decided to stand to the side and stare down the help to make them nervous. After less than five minutes, yet another employee asked me if they could help me. I said I was waiting for my room to be ready. She had ‘trainer’ on her nametag so perhaps things were looking up. She said my room still wasn’t ready, but she would look around to see if anything else was available. We were scheduled to have an A and B unit and she said they were a bit short of those. She then said I was in luck, she was upgrading me from parking lot view to a pool view. I said, ‘uhh... I had called last Saturday and requested a conservation area view.” Her lack of concern spoke volumes, but at this point, I was happy to get to any room to prevent my ice cream from melting in the car. I asked if it would be possible to change rooms if this one wasn’t acceptable, but she indicated they were very busy this week. The place really did seem busier than any other RCI resort I have stayed at. Parking lots were full and check in area very busy with folks coming and going. She gave us building 8-fifth floor. 8502A and B. We were given 4 keycards and directions to the unit. She mentioned we were next to the parking deck. This turned out to be a wonderful spot, because we parked in the deck every night. No other parking spaces were available. That is the only parking deck on property. If you are going during a busy time, request to be near the deck, buildings 7, 8 or 9.

The common areas were clean and well-kept. The grounds beautifully landscaped and begonias and bromeliads artfully planted under the palms. The daily activities were posted in the elevators, but we didn’t take advantage of them.

First impressions on entering the room: too warm, no ceiling fans, too dark, smells clean, view not the best. The tile floors and carpeted areas were not spotlessly clean. I felt the need to Lysol the tubs, remotes, Jacuzzi jets, sinks, etc. I adjusted the a/c, turned on the lights and set to unpacking. Our two balconies looked down on the pool and towards the future construction area of buildings 16 and 17. Not pretty. At night, over the trees, we could see fireworks from one of the theme parks.

The two units had 4 TV’s. King BR had Jacuzzi tub, then a separate shower and toilet area with two sinks. Ample towels were provided on both sides of the unit, and they would replenish if called, but we never need it. Toilet paper and Dial soap were provided. The king BR had a smallish old style TV. The living area had a large, old style but nice TV. The smaller side of the unit had two smaller TVs. My 15 year old proclaimed the fold out sofa to be ‘good’, but I didn’t try it. The king mattress left something to be desired. My home mattress isn’t the best, but this one sort of sunk into the middle and had no side supports. If you are finicky about mattresses, beware. My daughter had no complaints about her queen mattress.
Both sides’ kitchens were well stocked with dishes, pans, towels, dish and dishwasher soap, scrubbies, etc. Appliances were in good working order and appeared new. The furniture was fine, and appeared clean. The balconies contained a plastic table and 4 chairs and a table and 2 chairs, respectively.

We had no trouble with noise or bright pool lights. The hallways were always deserted, so I don’t know if anyone was near us or not. The windows have the hanging-slat style blinds, which worked fine. They play the radio by the pool, but it didn’t bother us. It was on John Tesh show on the one day we were home during the day. Of course, most days were gone all day.

They have addressed the security issue by making the lobby doors only accessible by entering your keycard after hours. Have it handy when you arrive back at night. Also, I noticed uniformed Wackenhut security personnel by the pools during the day.

The resort has no restaurant or store, but that was ok by us. There were plenty of workers wandering the resort grounds, wearing shirts that stated, “I love my job”. The resort is in an excellent location, just off of I4 and quick to get home at night after long days at Disney. All in all, this was a resort we would revisit, but not as nice as say, Hilton Grand Vacation Club, or Vistana.

• Liked — size,value and location
  • Disliked — lack of parking
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

having read the reviews of this resort before travelling I wish I had headed the advice. This place is not worth staying at if you are placed in rooms "B". It is very small, has only three very poor quality drawers and only a few hangers which according to the staff at the resort is all Americans ever need!. we stayed here with our two daughters so four of us in a box with a partial kitchen. Which basically means a plug in hob a bit like a camping stove. We had to live out of suitcases which we had no where to put. We also had no curtain at the lounge door which meant our daughters could be seen from the pool area whilst in bed again we were told no one had ever complained about this and apparently Americans had no problems with this. We constantly requested this be addressed had a work men attend but still no action taken. We had to resort to a towel to cover the door which is not acceptable for a gold crown.

By the end of 2 weeks we all had cabin fever. Be advised if you are offered rooms B or a room with a partial kitchen think carefully before accepting this. This is obviously a problem for this resort as there are notices everywhere about NO upgrades available.

In regards the noise yes it is constant until 11 and yes the staff are noisy at 630 as well.

The room was not very clean on arrival( rubbish in the bed settee and lettuces leaves left in the fridge.) Cleaning is very poor during the stay although there was no exposed floor left to clean in our small room.

Staff were not very helpful we are British and the responses we received when asking a question were 'this is not a problem for Americans' This highlights poor staff training and customer relations interestingly we have never had this type of response before. In the end we gave up asking staff for any help as we were wasting are valuable holiday time.

The majority of the postings on this site are accurate - please read them.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room B
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!