“Great location, plenty to do” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vacation Village at Parkway

You added Vacation Village at Parkway to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Parkway
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“Great location, plenty to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I are staying here for my daughter's Easter Break. The location is great! You are no more than 15 minutes from all the major parks, and Downtown Disney. If you want to take a break from the parks, there are plenty of activities for the kids provided by the resort, and there are plenty of pools on site, so it's never too crowded to enjoy a day poolside. The rooms are very clean, and have all the basic necessities that you don't have to go out to eat every single time. There is a Publix grocery store right down the road, and you don't need a store card to take advantage of the sales they have making meal planning very easy and affordable. The staff is very friendly and eager to make sure you are having a good time. It is a timeshare resort, so they do try and get you in on the "tour" but it is worth the 90 minutes with the breakfast/lunch they offer. We already own a timeshare so they aren't super pushy. All in all, it is a great place to bring the family, and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We love to hear from families such as yours about their visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We do our best to ensure that our guests feel welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the comforts of home while they are vacationing with us. Thank you for taking the time to post and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with your family again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I reserved this hotel in January through RCI as I was trying to see if the other resort I usually exchange to had any availability. I called and requested the renovated bldg 16/17, but upon check-in, I was notified that there was no room there and that 14/15 was newer too. I said ok and checked in to a room, although smaller was cool but smelled like stale smoke. I opened the windows which I liked having that option and it helped with that. However, I start settling in and noticed balls of hair on the floor. I went to ask for a room change in the newer bldg, but the power was out due to the storm. So we went to Epcot. Upon my return, I went back and tried to get a room change to no avail. It was hair in the shower and with small children it was inconvenient to give showers. Went to sleep. Woke up to get ready for the day and found a pair of black Nikes, bra tags, and a few pesos on the floor. Called RCI for a change but everything sold out due to spring break. Oh well won't ever stay here again ms if you decide to, check your bed, linen, and floor first. Wear shoes in room...

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your sharing your experience. We’re disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your accommodations that were provided at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Usually we receive high marks regarding our rooms and housekeeping staff and we’re sorry for the issues you experienced. We’ve had many repeat travelers each year and we hope that you may visit us again and allow us a future opportunity to prove to you that we’re a great vacation destination when visiting Orlando.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was concerned after reading some of the reviews. We were traveling with two young children and wanted to make sure our week was wonderful. We had a really nice time.
A few points that might be helpful to others:
-This place is a great mixture of young families and retirees.
-Our children loved the swimming pools (great temp and never crowded). We swam every day.
-Carmen was wonderful when we checked in. I was a little annoyed we had to go to Guest Services to get our parking decal (it felt like a trap). However I firmly said 'no' to their offers of free breakfasts and tours and was never bothered again (however we did unplug our phone).
-the location to get to Disney World was AWESOME. So close and so easy. We could get there in less than 10 minutes. Very easy..
-lots of great restaurants and a Publix very close (less than a mile)
-We were in building 16 (which was new, clean and wonderful). The two separate units (A&C) was a bit strange. I wish one of the units would have had two full-size beds instead of a king. However there was A LOT of space.
-bring your own shampoo
-bedding is pretty low-grade
-it is very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone here. I'm not sure what that is about. I made at least 6 calls throughout my visit. Sometimes it rang for 15 minutes before anyone would answer. Other times I would be transfered only to be sent back to the operator. This is an area they could definitely improve. I'm not sure what the problem is.
-Staff was friendly and said 'hello' everytime we saw someone
-Other guests were great too. We met a lot of great people in the elevators, etc.

This place is great. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you! Thank you! We appreciate that you took the time to share your recommendation and comment about what made your time at Vacation Village at Parkway a success. We also appreciate the feedback because it helps us know in what ways we can improve our service. We’re glad that we could provide you with a great experience and look forward to the next time that we may share our hospitality with you.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the resort ( unit type A +B) using our holiday week with RCI.We arrived at 5 am and check-in was a breeze.The units were well furnished and in good condition-full kitchen,wahing machine & dryer and flat screen TV in bedroom as well as sitting room.

We have stayed in a number of RCI affiliated resorts over the years and I must say that Vacation Village is top two on my list.The staff are friendly & very helpful and we do feel very much welcomed.

The internet in the room is pretty fast .The internet room at their guest center ( top floor of the 2-storey Check-in building) is a lot slower but there are 4-5 pcs with a printer for our use.The gym is basic but within acceptable standards.

All in all, the facilities are maintained in good working condition.When I requested for reset of the room safe box's security code, two friendly personnel showed up within 15 minutes (during a peak period) & settled it . Not bad at all!

The only down side was the housekeeping replenishment of bathroom & washing machine items.It never came.

Location is great,just off I-4 and shops/eateries are within walking distance.

Room Tip: There are a number of apartment buildings,I believe 1-17.Each cluster have its own heated swimming...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review! We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and that the accommodations and our staff exceeded your expectations. Our employees take great pride in delivering outstanding service to guests, and sharing this type of feedback lets them know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We hope you decide to come back to Orlando soon!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place while I was back at quality inn near Florida mall. Vacation village was total serene beauty and relaxation. It was clean and it was situated at in a really best location near all the theme parks. Will surely render my stay here in my next visit to Florida.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the review of your visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We're delighted that you appreciated our property and look forward to sharing our hospitality with you on your next trip to Florida.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We booked this as a timeshare exchange for a week while we visited Walt Disney World. The resort is a maze of buildings, and the front entrance/check in area is a bit hard to find but the staff are very helpful and friendly. We checked in on Saturday at 3:40pm and the line was easily 30 minutes long. Our room was ready when we checked in which was great.
Our unit was the larger of the two options shown on the hotel's website. We used the larger unit for ourselves, with our two boys (8&5yrs) in the other unit. I was concerned about the set up of the two units, but there were door stops inside and we just kept the two inside doors open, leaving the main front door locked. Both units had a very small washer/dryer, fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher in the kitchen and a safe in the bathroom. They also each had a small patio area outside. The larger unit had a large jacuzzi tub between the bathroom and bedroom which fit two adults. We were on the main floor, but you couldn't access the sidewalk to the pool from the balcony...I tried ;). We were in building 10, which has a pool right outside the door. Parking was available right outside the building, but was often full by 9pm. Additional parking was a good distance from the building.
The resort offers all sorts of activities, we didn't do any of them. They also have Internet included as part of their $25 mandatory activity fee, which we used on an iPad and iPhone. Service was spotty and slow.
There is a small grocery store nearby, with many other stores located in the immediate area. Access to Walt Disney World is easy, even first thing in the morning.
I would certainly return again to visit the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We love to hear from families such as yours about their visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The resort’s staff does their best to ensure that families feel welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the excitement of the area’s world-renowned attractions. Thank you for taking the time to post and we can’t wait to see you back next year!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent 12 days in Florida and loved staying here with our 3 children. Having 2 baths was fantastic to get out earlier in the morning. The rooms were clean and and safe The view of the pool from the 3rd floor was beautiful! Location was excellent with restaurants, grocery stores, shopping and Disney close by! Privacy was nice by having 3 children on one side and my husband and I on the other. Only one small complaint was the wifi was slow but it was free so how do you complain about that! It was like a home away from home and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side or you will be facing the highway on the other.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort for our TripAdvisor readers! We’re happy that you enjoyed the amenities of your accommodations and the resort’s proximity to the Disney Theme Parks. We’re very proud of our resort and we can’t wait to welcome you and you’re your family back again!

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!