“A solid choice” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Seattle, Washington
“A solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

First let me preface this review with the admission that I have been an owner here since 1998. That said, it has often not provided any free extras or lack of harrassment from salespeople. This trip has been different. I was originally placed in an older suite which I requested a change for. I was accomodated but surprised at how much red tape that seemed to involve since this is the off season. My room (building 15) was everything I am used to...clean and certainly spacious enough for my family. The mattress was pretty awful, the air conditioning sounds like a windstorm, and the lack of soundproofing means you hear everytime the neighbors above you slide a chair or open a door, but hey, it's a hotel not home.

I had no issues with guest services, they didn't even try to upsell me which I really appreciated! If you have kids, this place is great as they do an entire calendar of activities. My son is 12, he just wants Disney Quest and the water parks....

They are now charging for the internet service, $25 for the week. Well, nothing in life is free and you get your money's worth. They had no problem giving us as many access codes as we wanted since we have 3 devices between 3 people and the internet was strong and reliable, even for the video downloads my son had to watch for school.

I personally love the floorplans here, but if you have small children and you book a two bedroom, be an informed consumer as the units are seperated by a secure foyer.

If you want Disney, you can't get any closer without being on property!

Room Tip: Buildings 14-18 are the newest, though others are under construction
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation because we always appreciate it when an owner takes the time to comment about their stay with us. Vacation Village at Parkway has changed their WiFi policy and now charges a one time weekly $25 Activity Fee that covers in-room WiFi, as well as other amenities such as in-room safes and shuttle services to the theme parks. We’re happy that you have enjoyed your vacations with us and we appreciate your continued loyalty to our resort. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you and your family for many years to come.

1,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at Vacation Village from Dec30 to Jan6th 2013. Had very helpful check in at front desk with Elizabeth M.--thank you for all your help with choosing which unit we would stay in! We loved it! Beautiful spacious units, clean and modern. Pool was beautiful and warm(84 degrees) Hot tub large and and clean. Lots of clean towels and chairs available. Splash pad for the kids.Never had a problem with parking and area is quiet. Outdoor BBQ's available with utensils from the pool person. Kitchen well equipped and in unit washer dryer. Really loved everything about it!.
Very nice Publics grocery store very close by.

Room Tip: Buildings 16 and 17 are new and the pool and hot tub area is lovely. Water kept nice and warm We we...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We strive on a daily basis to offer our guests a first class vacation and we greatly appreciate compliments such as yours. We hope to welcome you back again to Orlando soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Pro - easy access to I-4, conveniently located right next to Arabian Nights, walking distance to restaurants and shops on 192. Family friendly hotel with lots of swimming pools and kids activities. The full equipped kitchen and in-unit washer and dryer saved us money for staying here for a week. I believe the swimming pool of the building 16 is the best one; it's new, clean, and it has a separate water play area where a few buckets get filled up with water and flip. Movie night was available at the swimming pool of the building 3. Animal friendly - some buildings let you stay with your pets. Business center available at the registration building.

Con - Some buildings are new, some are tired.

Room Tip: Building 16 and 17 are new and they have kids friendly swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation! Vacation Village at Parkway is a favorite vacation destination for families and couples alike due to our convenient location, oversized rooms, and great resort amenities. We’re thankful that you appreciated the value we offer and we hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Orlando.
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Vacation Village at Parway is a very nice place to stay. We were 4 adults and 4 girls ages 7 to 2 years old. We were in building 16 which is a new, clean and has lots of space. The girls had a ball in the swimming pool and the playground. It is an easy 10 minutes drive to all the Disney Parks. We were there in September, it was still hot and not crowded at Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for building 16 or 17. It is new and far from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway. We do our best to make sure families enjoy their time with us and get the most out of their Orlando vacation. We’re happy that we could provide you with great getaway and we look forward to your return.
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

read the reviews prior and requested for newer building at check-in. we arrived late in the evening and the check-in was painless. I don't recall the name of the young guy that checked us in but he was very polite and friendly. we had to to pick up our parking passes from the 'guest services' and you knew ahead of time what that was all about. I turned the breakfast offer in return for deep discounted disney tickets. I had a week earlier called to see if they sold disney tickets on site and they told yes at 10% of the gate prices. Once I turned down the breakfast offer, they would not even sell me the tix at the 10% discount (more on disney tix below). I picked up my parking pass and left. you will get several reminders over you time there to pick up 'free gifts' even if you show no interest.
we had a 2bdrm suite reserved. the unit was immaculate. each bdrm had an ensuite, and wall mounted flat tvs. we had 2 seperate kitchens, living rooms and balconies (lock of unit). each living room had 2 wall mounted tv and dvd player as well. there was a d/w, w/d in each unit. The overall property is massive and the grounds are very well maintained. several pools around the property and scheduled activities. we however did not have opportunity to use any of the facilities. there was also a complimentary scheduled shuttle to disneyworld (10mins), seaworld (10mins) and universal (15mins). we took the shuttle on a couple of occasions when they met our itenary. parking at the parks is $14-15.
Disney
I had done some homework prior and found out there are several disney tix resellers selling at discount to gate prices. I found the pricing was all the same between the resellers (when comparing, some resellers advertise inclusive of taxes, others don't). My advise is don't bother ordering them online as there are tix resellers everywhere. if there is an issue at least you have a physical location to go to (tix not arriving in mail, wrong order etc).
Dining
lots of dining in the vicinity. if you have a car, your options are endless along irlo bronson memorial. Of all the buffets, the golden corral was definately the best. Several supermarkets including publix and one right beside charlies steakhouse.

Room Tip: request for the newer buildings. we were in the 15/16 block.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort for our TripAdvisor readers. We’re happy that you enjoyed the amenities of your accommodations and the resort’s proximity to the Disney Theme Parks. We very proud of our employees and we’ll be certain to pass on your compliments to them. Thank you again for taking the time to share and we hope to see you next year!
Wallaceburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent a week over Christmas in bldg 19 at Vacation village at Parkway,Kissimmee and have to say i would go back to that facility anytime. Ken at the check-in was very helpful and pleasant,the workers throughout were pleasant,friendly and heloful,even those with a poor grasp of english. The condo.unit.. 506C was all that we needed for our fun filled time in Florida. It is so centrally located we had no problems. If I had anything negative to say it would be about the WiFi...we paid the $25.00 resort fee but still had issues with poor service/lack of service. I also had some difficulties with phone service and possibly the resort is growing so quickly that they haven't been able to keep up with the their srevices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation! We’re happy that you enjoyed your time with us even though we didn’t meet all of your expectations during your stay. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to share because it helps us know what areas we need improvement. Thank you for choosing Vacation Village at Parkway for your vacation destination and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Orlando.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'd rate this hotel as just okay. First let me preface my review by stating that I am used to staying at moderate Disney Hotels. I couldn't get a Disney hotel for New Years, so I took a chance at this hotel because it was cheap. After reading terrible reviews on TripAdvisor, I was quite concerned. When I checked in, I asked for a newly renovated room if possible. I had a one bedroom suite. The room size was pleasing, definitely and the interior of the room was pretty clean. I certainly was happy with that. My big complaints were three. 1) The floor I was on (and my room as well) had a terrible smell to it. It smelled like curry to me. Unfortunately, I hate the smell of curry so it wasn't pleasant walking into the hallway or my room until my nose got over the smell. 2) The bed and pillows were extremely cheap and not comfortable at all to sleep on. 3) There is a $100 deposit required on top of the room cost to be given back later when room deemed not destroyed. The other downer (and granted I only stayed 2 nights) was that I didn't get the overall Disney experience when I walked out the door that I'm used to. This really isn't the hotel's fault but I missed it. As a footnote, all of my clothes smelled like curry when I came home and had to be washed.

I would say that if you are looking for cheap, this is a doable hotel. But if you want those extra niceties that go along with staying on a Disney property, this one isn't for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We’re disappointed that we weren't able to meet all of your expectations during your stay. Vacation Village at Parkway accommodations offer dining rooms and fully appointed kitchens and often guests choose to cook all of their meals in their rooms. The resort is modeled like an upscale condominium building and sometimes cooking odors of neighbors will waft through the building. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort provides a great value for travelers seeking a Disney vacation and we hope we may have another opportunity to share our hospitality with you again.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!