“We had a great time” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Quebec
“We had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Vacation Village at Parway is a very nice place to stay. We were 4 adults and 4 girls ages 7 to 2 years old. We were in building 16 which is a new, clean and has lots of space. The girls had a ball in the swimming pool and the playground. It is an easy 10 minutes drive to all the Disney Parks. We were there in September, it was still hot and not crowded at Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for building 16 or 17. It is new and far from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your lovely recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway. We do our best to make sure families enjoy their time with us and get the most out of their Orlando vacation. We’re happy that we could provide you with great getaway and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

read the reviews prior and requested for newer building at check-in. we arrived late in the evening and the check-in was painless. I don't recall the name of the young guy that checked us in but he was very polite and friendly. we had to to pick up our parking passes from the 'guest services' and you knew ahead of time what that was all about. I turned the breakfast offer in return for deep discounted disney tickets. I had a week earlier called to see if they sold disney tickets on site and they told yes at 10% of the gate prices. Once I turned down the breakfast offer, they would not even sell me the tix at the 10% discount (more on disney tix below). I picked up my parking pass and left. you will get several reminders over you time there to pick up 'free gifts' even if you show no interest.
we had a 2bdrm suite reserved. the unit was immaculate. each bdrm had an ensuite, and wall mounted flat tvs. we had 2 seperate kitchens, living rooms and balconies (lock of unit). each living room had 2 wall mounted tv and dvd player as well. there was a d/w, w/d in each unit. The overall property is massive and the grounds are very well maintained. several pools around the property and scheduled activities. we however did not have opportunity to use any of the facilities. there was also a complimentary scheduled shuttle to disneyworld (10mins), seaworld (10mins) and universal (15mins). we took the shuttle on a couple of occasions when they met our itenary. parking at the parks is $14-15.
Disney
I had done some homework prior and found out there are several disney tix resellers selling at discount to gate prices. I found the pricing was all the same between the resellers (when comparing, some resellers advertise inclusive of taxes, others don't). My advise is don't bother ordering them online as there are tix resellers everywhere. if there is an issue at least you have a physical location to go to (tix not arriving in mail, wrong order etc).
Dining
lots of dining in the vicinity. if you have a car, your options are endless along irlo bronson memorial. Of all the buffets, the golden corral was definately the best. Several supermarkets including publix and one right beside charlies steakhouse.

Room Tip: request for the newer buildings. we were in the 15/16 block.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort for our TripAdvisor readers. We’re happy that you enjoyed the amenities of your accommodations and the resort’s proximity to the Disney Theme Parks. We very proud of our employees and we’ll be certain to pass on your compliments to them. Thank you again for taking the time to share and we hope to see you next year!
Wallaceburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent a week over Christmas in bldg 19 at Vacation village at Parkway,Kissimmee and have to say i would go back to that facility anytime. Ken at the check-in was very helpful and pleasant,the workers throughout were pleasant,friendly and heloful,even those with a poor grasp of english. The condo.unit.. 506C was all that we needed for our fun filled time in Florida. It is so centrally located we had no problems. If I had anything negative to say it would be about the WiFi...we paid the $25.00 resort fee but still had issues with poor service/lack of service. I also had some difficulties with phone service and possibly the resort is growing so quickly that they haven't been able to keep up with the their srevices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation! We’re happy that you enjoyed your time with us even though we didn’t meet all of your expectations during your stay. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to share because it helps us know what areas we need improvement. Thank you for choosing Vacation Village at Parkway for your vacation destination and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Orlando.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'd rate this hotel as just okay. First let me preface my review by stating that I am used to staying at moderate Disney Hotels. I couldn't get a Disney hotel for New Years, so I took a chance at this hotel because it was cheap. After reading terrible reviews on TripAdvisor, I was quite concerned. When I checked in, I asked for a newly renovated room if possible. I had a one bedroom suite. The room size was pleasing, definitely and the interior of the room was pretty clean. I certainly was happy with that. My big complaints were three. 1) The floor I was on (and my room as well) had a terrible smell to it. It smelled like curry to me. Unfortunately, I hate the smell of curry so it wasn't pleasant walking into the hallway or my room until my nose got over the smell. 2) The bed and pillows were extremely cheap and not comfortable at all to sleep on. 3) There is a $100 deposit required on top of the room cost to be given back later when room deemed not destroyed. The other downer (and granted I only stayed 2 nights) was that I didn't get the overall Disney experience when I walked out the door that I'm used to. This really isn't the hotel's fault but I missed it. As a footnote, all of my clothes smelled like curry when I came home and had to be washed.

I would say that if you are looking for cheap, this is a doable hotel. But if you want those extra niceties that go along with staying on a Disney property, this one isn't for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We’re disappointed that we weren't able to meet all of your expectations during your stay. Vacation Village at Parkway accommodations offer dining rooms and fully appointed kitchens and often guests choose to cook all of their meals in their rooms. The resort is modeled like an upscale condominium building and sometimes cooking odors of neighbors will waft through the building. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort provides a great value for travelers seeking a Disney vacation and we hope we may have another opportunity to share our hospitality with you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros
10mins from Disney
Plenty of restaurants around
Next to Arabian Nights and Publix
Heated pools
They provide cheap washing and dishwashing liquid, extra towels and soap.
Cons
I ended up staying at bldg six and the one bedroom apartment. It has not been renovated since the mid 90's. No flat screen TV just an old TV. IT had a VCR instead of a DVD or BluRay player. NO jacuzzi and stove. It had an electric hot plate and a conventional oven. For how much I paid for a time share I would think that everything is up to date. Don't get me wrong the facility is clean and nice but compare to other resorts in Florida this is my least favorite. They don't have security entrance like other timeshares do and the gym is pretty far from the rooms.
They need to update bldg 6. Ohh yeah they force me and my family to get mandatory Wifi and shuttle service. Eventhough we did not use the transportation and the internet was slooooow.

Room Tip: Don't stay in bldg 6
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your trip to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We appreciate your comments as they help us decide what areas need care. Each year we make a significant investment into the property directed towards what we consider to be the priorities at any given time. Some of this investment is obvious to our guests and unfortunately others are not. We are committed to providing great accommodations at an affordable price to our guests. Thank you again for writing and we hope you consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I spend 7 days at this resort on July 2012. This is a well maintained average resort. If you are looking for a place just to sleep, this is a good choice. Pools are really small compared to the size of the buildings but nothing to be worried about because you are most of the time at theme parks or other activities that Orlando may offer.
The apartments are well furnished, confortable bed but not so the sofa bed. Very quiet area.
Good value for the money

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable review and recognizing the value we offer our guests. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and that you appreciated our close proximity to Orlando’s famous theme parks. We hope that you return soon so that we may share our hospitality with you again.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We exchanged into this resort through RCI. For what we paid for two rooms ($38 per night for each room), the value was very good. But I'm glad we didn't pay full price.

I'm writing this review AFTER a stay at a resort we transferred to when our reservation here ended. We were not happy with VVAP until we moved. Then we missed it. But it was more because of a feeling of out of the frying pan and into the fire. So, here goes...

Our first room was a ADA room where there was no ledge on the shower which meant water would be running all over the place. Also, the refrigerator wasn't level. Not sure if it was the floor or the unit itself. We asked to be moved because of the shower and they were able to do so, but I wondered after looking through the first room if we'd be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Pictures of our room are here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDfewhQ

Overall, the grounds and building very well kept, but they overdo it on the bleach. We could smell it every day in our room. There are many other cleaning products out there. Bleach is harsh and quite odorous. Find something else. Nice fitness center.

The rooms were not 4-star. CHEAP cabinetry, below contractor grade. RUST in microwave, fridge handle and stove. Chipped and burnt counters. Disgusting residue on baseboards. Looks like the walls haven't been cleaned or painted in ages. Mold on bathroom door by kitchen. Bedroom floor not vacuumed. Kitchen counter dirty. Living room TV a 2005 Sony console. Nice to have the larger screen, but it was just OLD. Bedroom TV around 19" and old, too. SLOWWWWWW WiFi. Dirty oven. Watched a 20/20 special a couple weeks ago. Now I travel with my own cleaning products and ended up cleaning our room myself, including mopping the floors. Also recommend running everything through dishwasher before first use--just to be safe.

I read reviews AFTER booking this place and I was scared as to what I would find. I knew about thin walls, but I didn't expect to find such poor accommodations. Didn't bother to complain because I didn't imagine it would get any better. We were told this was a remodeled unit. Yeah right. NOT!

We were able to avoid the timeshare breakfast presentation because the guy who checked us in didn't schedule us for it. After 2 phone calls trying to get us to schedule one, we simply stopped answering the phone or unplugged it. We had cell phones, so we didn't need the room phone except to make local calls. We got our parking pass upon check-in, so no issue there. There were several flyers placed on our door, asking us to come get our free gift as well. Sorry, no thanks. Just did not want to get roped into a tour. My mantra is: "Not buying, not upgrading, not debating." Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

On a positive note, I would like to say thanks to Tolliver for being so helpful during booking. We had staggered reservations for a 2-week period, 2 rooms. She was able to line them up for the same check-in/-out and she gave us a lock-out unit. I also appreciate being able to bring the dog (they need to update their listings to reflect that pets are allowed); however, we don't think it's fair to put dog owners on the first floor, especially if rooms have tile floors--what difference does it make? Floors and ceilings are paper thin, which is why I prefer a top-floor unit. We could literally hear a pin drop above us, along with scooting chairs and tables, etc. I saw a dog owner get on the elevator, so not all dogs stayed on first floor apparently. Maybe they were owners here.

They have a movie by the pool every week. Unfortunately, it's REALLY loud, so if you're in a room next to the pool, the audio from the movie will spill into your room. The screen was literally right outside our window. I called the front desk and asked them to contact someone in the pool area to turn down the volume. Didn't work out so well, so I ended up going outside in the PJs and asking the girl to turn it down. She was nice enough about it and complied. Really, though, is it necessary to play these movies so loud? It's not a theater. It's an area surrounded by rooms where people may be resting after a long day in mouse-land or doing whatever. Fun idea, just poor execution.

Bottom line: The room wasn't as nice as what I'm used to, but considering where we ended up afterwards, it was doable for a couple of weeks. We won't stay there again simply because we didn't like to SLOW Internet and we didn't appreciate having to pay for faster speed. I need my Internet and will not book a hotel if I know they have ridiculous fees. I knew there was a $25 amenity fee for our entire stay, but the fact that the Internet is low Mbps isn't clear.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting about your experience at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We appreciate the feedback because it helps us improve our services most desired by our guests. We apologize that you didn’t enjoy the accommodations provided because we usually receive high marks regarding our rooms and housekeeping staff. We have many repeat travelers each year and we hope that you consider visiting us again and allow us a future opportunity to prove to you that we’re a great vacation value when visiting Orlando.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!