“Pros and Cons” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros
10mins from Disney
Plenty of restaurants around
Next to Arabian Nights and Publix
Heated pools
They provide cheap washing and dishwashing liquid, extra towels and soap.
Cons
I ended up staying at bldg six and the one bedroom apartment. It has not been renovated since the mid 90's. No flat screen TV just an old TV. IT had a VCR instead of a DVD or BluRay player. NO jacuzzi and stove. It had an electric hot plate and a conventional oven. For how much I paid for a time share I would think that everything is up to date. Don't get me wrong the facility is clean and nice but compare to other resorts in Florida this is my least favorite. They don't have security entrance like other timeshares do and the gym is pretty far from the rooms.
They need to update bldg 6. Ohh yeah they force me and my family to get mandatory Wifi and shuttle service. Eventhough we did not use the transportation and the internet was slooooow.

Room Tip: Don't stay in bldg 6
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your trip to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We appreciate your comments as they help us decide what areas need care. Each year we make a significant investment into the property directed towards what we consider to be the priorities at any given time. Some of this investment is obvious to our guests and unfortunately others are not. We are committed to providing great accommodations at an affordable price to our guests. Thank you again for writing and we hope you consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

1,397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I spend 7 days at this resort on July 2012. This is a well maintained average resort. If you are looking for a place just to sleep, this is a good choice. Pools are really small compared to the size of the buildings but nothing to be worried about because you are most of the time at theme parks or other activities that Orlando may offer.
The apartments are well furnished, confortable bed but not so the sofa bed. Very quiet area.
Good value for the money

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable review and recognizing the value we offer our guests. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and that you appreciated our close proximity to Orlando’s famous theme parks. We hope that you return soon so that we may share our hospitality with you again.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We exchanged into this resort through RCI. For what we paid for two rooms ($38 per night for each room), the value was very good. But I'm glad we didn't pay full price.

I'm writing this review AFTER a stay at a resort we transferred to when our reservation here ended. We were not happy with VVAP until we moved. Then we missed it. But it was more because of a feeling of out of the frying pan and into the fire. So, here goes...

Our first room was a ADA room where there was no ledge on the shower which meant water would be running all over the place. Also, the refrigerator wasn't level. Not sure if it was the floor or the unit itself. We asked to be moved because of the shower and they were able to do so, but I wondered after looking through the first room if we'd be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Pictures of our room are here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDfewhQ

Overall, the grounds and building very well kept, but they overdo it on the bleach. We could smell it every day in our room. There are many other cleaning products out there. Bleach is harsh and quite odorous. Find something else. Nice fitness center.

The rooms were not 4-star. CHEAP cabinetry, below contractor grade. RUST in microwave, fridge handle and stove. Chipped and burnt counters. Disgusting residue on baseboards. Looks like the walls haven't been cleaned or painted in ages. Mold on bathroom door by kitchen. Bedroom floor not vacuumed. Kitchen counter dirty. Living room TV a 2005 Sony console. Nice to have the larger screen, but it was just OLD. Bedroom TV around 19" and old, too. SLOWWWWWW WiFi. Dirty oven. Watched a 20/20 special a couple weeks ago. Now I travel with my own cleaning products and ended up cleaning our room myself, including mopping the floors. Also recommend running everything through dishwasher before first use--just to be safe.

I read reviews AFTER booking this place and I was scared as to what I would find. I knew about thin walls, but I didn't expect to find such poor accommodations. Didn't bother to complain because I didn't imagine it would get any better. We were told this was a remodeled unit. Yeah right. NOT!

We were able to avoid the timeshare breakfast presentation because the guy who checked us in didn't schedule us for it. After 2 phone calls trying to get us to schedule one, we simply stopped answering the phone or unplugged it. We had cell phones, so we didn't need the room phone except to make local calls. We got our parking pass upon check-in, so no issue there. There were several flyers placed on our door, asking us to come get our free gift as well. Sorry, no thanks. Just did not want to get roped into a tour. My mantra is: "Not buying, not upgrading, not debating." Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

On a positive note, I would like to say thanks to Tolliver for being so helpful during booking. We had staggered reservations for a 2-week period, 2 rooms. She was able to line them up for the same check-in/-out and she gave us a lock-out unit. I also appreciate being able to bring the dog (they need to update their listings to reflect that pets are allowed); however, we don't think it's fair to put dog owners on the first floor, especially if rooms have tile floors--what difference does it make? Floors and ceilings are paper thin, which is why I prefer a top-floor unit. We could literally hear a pin drop above us, along with scooting chairs and tables, etc. I saw a dog owner get on the elevator, so not all dogs stayed on first floor apparently. Maybe they were owners here.

They have a movie by the pool every week. Unfortunately, it's REALLY loud, so if you're in a room next to the pool, the audio from the movie will spill into your room. The screen was literally right outside our window. I called the front desk and asked them to contact someone in the pool area to turn down the volume. Didn't work out so well, so I ended up going outside in the PJs and asking the girl to turn it down. She was nice enough about it and complied. Really, though, is it necessary to play these movies so loud? It's not a theater. It's an area surrounded by rooms where people may be resting after a long day in mouse-land or doing whatever. Fun idea, just poor execution.

Bottom line: The room wasn't as nice as what I'm used to, but considering where we ended up afterwards, it was doable for a couple of weeks. We won't stay there again simply because we didn't like to SLOW Internet and we didn't appreciate having to pay for faster speed. I need my Internet and will not book a hotel if I know they have ridiculous fees. I knew there was a $25 amenity fee for our entire stay, but the fact that the Internet is low Mbps isn't clear.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting about your experience at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We appreciate the feedback because it helps us improve our services most desired by our guests. We apologize that you didn’t enjoy the accommodations provided because we usually receive high marks regarding our rooms and housekeeping staff. We have many repeat travelers each year and we hope that you consider visiting us again and allow us a future opportunity to prove to you that we’re a great vacation value when visiting Orlando.
Sunrise, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having stayed at the resort in the past, I had never had a 1st floor unit.
1. Resort staff hauling trash and use of loud golf carts at 11pm is unacceptable, it woke my 2 1/2 year old up.
2. There were dead bugs behind the pull out couch.
3. doors were missing under sink.
4. I am 6'2 and having an ADA room was a huge dissadvantage when taking a shower.
5. The ADA shower made the floor completely wet, so anything on the floor was soaked.
6. There were Ants in the Unit
7. The pull out couch was broken, which my son cut his foot on
8. Hearing all the traffic and noise being on the first floor ALL HOURS of the night, and headlights lighting up our unit in the night every time someone parked their vehicle

Overall , our stay was barely acceptable. Had we not unpacked a weeks worth of items for 3 people the night we checked in, I would have requested another unit. We like the location of the resort and easy access to all the Disney Parks. The pools are nice and have used them in the past, but it was 35 Degrees when we were there so that was that. I would stay there again, but certainly request a non ADA room and not a 1st floor unit.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned request buildings in the back as these are newer buildings with newer ameni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We’re certainly disappointed to read that our property did not meet your expectations. It is our priority to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again and if there is an issue, we ask that you notify management while you’re there so we’ll have a chance to correct the problem. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to welcome you back to Orlando soon.
Marietta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a great property with instant access to Disney and the rest of Orlando as its right next to the interstate. Lots of visible security after hours and overall a very clean and well maitained property. My only complaint is that if you got home after midnight then parking was limited and you'd have to park in their parking deck which is sort of hidden and can be a bit of a walk to your building. But security is visible at all hours. Always felt safe albeit after dark/late night early morning (closing the parks down).
Great and comfortable accomodations-had all we needed and we stayed in a smaller 1bedroom unit. Full size fridge/ convection microwave. No stove but a heating surface/plate was there even though we didn't use it. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The various resort amenities and close proximity to Orlando’s exciting attractions makes our resort a sought-after vacation spot. We look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

What?! A 4 star trip advisor rating???? Was I halucinating when I saw what I saw there? Old, worn outdated rooms. Blood stained linens on the beds.... We had a 4 night stay booked, we checked out within hours. We booked through RCI and we are Hilton Vacation Club members, this was just aweful. What a disappointment. If you want to be spoiled on vacation, which most hilton vacation members are, why is this an exchange offer??? I will also be following up on this with them. Waist of my time and vacation points. Do not book here if you like vacation ugrades, it was just aweful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and we’re sorry for the issues you encountered at our property. Your experience does not reflect the standard of service we pride ourselves on, and we’re disappointed that now you have such a negative impression of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The countless reviews and photos that our guests have shared here on Tripadvisor prove that we do try to provide the best experience possible for our vacationers. We apologize that we failed to provide the same experience for you that so many others have enjoyed and regret that you will not stay with us again. We hope this experience does not deter you from visiting Orlando in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

First time we have ever stayed here using timeshare points to get the biggest bang for our buck. Check in took an abnormally long time at 40 minutes. The complex is big and they have no maps on the website and the one provided isn't all that great either. The pools are heated which came in quite handy in December. The activity rooms are small but they pack in a bunch for children 12 and under. Basketball goal is a joke, and is set up in the parking lot with a movable stand a couple blocks away from our building. Even though the rooms have a DVD or VCR, they have not all been connected at the 5 TV's we had between 3 rooms. Bring utensils, and plates to avoid doing dishes after every meal or you're part of a larger group. Kids playgrounds are nice and the kids kind of enjoy trying to find them amongst the 18 buildings. I just wish I could use an app or map instead of the hide-n-seek method.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor readers. Your comments are appreciated because they help us decide ways we can improve our services for the comfort of our guests. Even though we didn’t meet all of your expectations we appreciate your positive review and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Vacation Village at Parkway.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!