“Great Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2949 Arabian Knights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ramat Gan, Israel
“Great Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights in August 2012.

We received a Type A+B room in building 14.
The room has one door, which leads to two additional doors: One for the "A" part of the room and one for the "B" part of the room.

The "A" part is larger and has:
* A bedroom with a King size bed and a Jacuzzi
* A living room with a sofa that can be opened to sleep 2 people
* A bathroom with a large shower and toilet
* A kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, toaster. oven, and cooking & eating accessories
* A washing machine and dryer
* A large balcony

The "B" part has:
* A bedroom with a double bed
* A living room with a sofa that can be opened to sleep 2 people
* A bathroom with a bathtub and toilet
* A kitchen with microwave, toaster and cooking & eating accessories
* A washing machine and dryer
* A smaller balcony

Both parts has a dining table and 2 TV sets: One in the bedroom and one in the living room.

The rooms are very spacious and clean, and even though we spent most of our days out, it was always nice to know we have it to return to.

The hotel cleaning service provided by the hotel includes partial cleaning (new sheets & towels, garbage removal) 3 days after check-in, and full cleaning after a week (you get the full cleaning only if you stay more than one week).
If you stay for 2 weeks you get another partial cleaning 3 days after the full cleaning.

There are several swimming pools in the building complex, though not all buildings has one. The closest pool to our building was the one in building 16, which is also the largest and newest.
We only used it for a couple of hours on the last day, before leaving to the airport, but it was very nice and clean, and also has a water playground area for the kids.

In the check-in building there is also a computer room, with about 5 computers with internet and shared printer, that you can use for free, up to 15 minutes (you can log-in again, if there is no one in the line).

Room Tip: If you are in Building 14 or 15, make sure your room number is odd, to get a view of the lake and no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comprehensive 5-star recommendation! Tripadvisor reviews are vital to a traveler’s decision-making when choosing a vacation destination and we appreciate it when a guest of ours takes the time to share. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway but we’d like to note that our rooms feature king and queen bedding. Thank you again for taking the time to post about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Orlando.

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Bristol, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hence the Title, "Almost Perfect".. Only One thing wrong, other than that, We Loved this place! A Little on that in a minute.. We stayed at Vacation Village in Kissimmee back in October, We were down for a week , visiting Disney World, The place was outstanding! The staff was very kind and courteous.. The Amenities were second to none, We had a great a view of the resort, and spent quiet a few nights on the balcony just relaxing and taking it all in. Even the Squirrels were freindly, They would walk right up to ya and wait for food! really cool! They had several pools to choose from, and the pool areas where well maintained, and always clean, they kept all the common areas clean as well, The resort had many on-site activities, from live music, to bingo, to crafts for the kids, but we didnt do any of that , as we were way to busy with Disney! Our Condo was very sizable, had everything we needed, and the beds were very comfy as well.. As I stated in my title, "Almost Perfect".. The only thing that kept this from perfect, was you had to pay for The Wifi Signal, Which was Pricey, most will say, why do you even care? you're on vacation, well, we always take our laptops when we travel, its the best way to research the area you are in... Even the cheap motels provide free wifi, so this was a major disappointment.. other than that, it was great, and hopefully we'll be back before long to do it all over again!! great job Vacation Village!! just do something about the Wifi and you'll have it nailed!

Room Tip: Only Advise here would be if you plan on using the pool areas, get a room in close proximity of the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for posting your positive review. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort strives to be frugal with the timeshare owner’s association budget and charges a fee for wifi access in the private rooms. However like many hotels and businesses, we offer free internet access in a public area at the resort. It is our goal to provide excellent service and accommodations for all of our guests and we love when a guest lets us know we have succeeded. Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from a week stay at Vacation Village. We arrived early on the day of our check in and were able to check in with no problem. I did read other reviews and had called ahead of time and asked for a specific building and location and was so pleased that they honored that request. We did have to go to another desk for our parking pass and as I had read ahead it was an oppportunity for the hotel to get you to go to a timeshare presentation. I talked to Tim and he recognized that we were RCI members and told us we only needed to show up and talk about our unit. I knew better and told him no thanks and he backed off. We arrived at our unit in Building 19. It was outstanding. A new unit and faced the pool as I had requested. The only surprise was we had requested a two bedroom unit and it is actually two one bedroom units with a common outer door and two separate unit doors. We had unit types A & C. The only difference was the A unit had a full kitchen with a stove and the C unit had a full kitchen but no stove. The units had a washer and dryer, king size bed, jaccuzzi tub and glass shower. It was simply great. The hotel recycles and has it own bin. The location of this condo is less than 10 minutes from everything, Disney parks, Seaworld and outlet malls. About 20 minutes from Universal. It was a great time of year to go 8-15 Sep. Internet was free, local shuttles to both Disney, Universal, and Seaworld at no cost,even though we did not use it. Highly recommend this location to anyone but make sure you read the reviews and learn waht to ask for.

Room Tip: Suggest poolside rooms for Bldg 18 & 19. I-4 right along side and somewhat noisy, if you like to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely recommendation! We’re happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. The unique room layout you described is very popular with our owners because it offers luxurious rooms with maximum privacy for larger parties. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort.
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I purchased one of their vacation packages. It was a 4 night 3 day stay at 2425 Arabian Knights Way in Kissimmee, Fl. It turned out to be a disaster. They want you to attend a timeshare presentation that is suppose to last 90 minutes. It ended up being a high-pressure 3 hour presentation to purchase a timeshare from them. Their personal were rude, uncaring and did not want to hear anything. They will do anything to get you to purchase from them.

They bill their rooms as 2 queen size beds. In reality, it is a full size bed and a extremely uncomfortable sofa bed. If you stay at their hotel you will be very disappointed. Not to mention that it will ruin your whole vacation because you will be tired all day and not enjoy the entertainment.

If you purchased this package get your money back immediately. IF you can not get your money back then book your stay at a reputable hotel in Kissimmee. Otherwise you will be stressed out, aggravated, frustrated and will be starting out your vacation in a very negative way.

Room Tip: Avoid this scam at all costs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post about your time with us. Participants are required to attend a 90 minute presentation on the benefits of vacation ownership when taking advantage of the discounted travel package promotion. However the negotiation process is no different than any other that markets significant purchases in a lifetime. The actual length of time spent can vary depending on the attendee’s perceived level of interest, and as in any sales environment a sales person will try to overcome objectives with rebuttals if the person doesn’t leave. It’s not our common practice to be rude or aggravate our guests and we are very sorry that you had this experience. Depending on the type of unit reserved, Vacation Village at Parkway Resort’s accommodations feature both King and Queen bedding. We don’t have full sized beds in any of the rooms. We are disappointed that we were not able to provide you with a great vacation during your stay and we hope that your next trip to Orlando is more enjoyable.
Annapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Pros - location, pools,& resort shuttle
Con- Bldgs could do with some renovation; lack of parking, & the ol' let us take you to breakfast scam. We willingly walked into the trap because the forecast said it would rain for the first part of the day (which it did) and because as we advised the staff at check-in - we had NO intention of buying (which we didn't). Like most timeshare salespeople folks were obnoxious. When our handler realized we were not buying, she was so upset, the last thing she said before handing us over to the varisity team was- I don't get paid anymore if you buy, but there are easier ways to get a free breakfast. A bad enough retort to make to 70 year old adults...a horrible statement to make in front of their grandchildren. The varsity team was disgusted, but dismissive, so we left, our gift card in hand. The rain stopped as we drove out of the garage, and the sun shone for the rest of the day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re sorry our marketing team detracted from your vacation experience. We have had thousands of people experience our hospitality and it is definitely not our common practice to insult our guests. We hope that you at least enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and gift card and that you will consider staying with us at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed there a week in early August of 2012 with my two daughters. What I didn't like: upon checking-in I was told I had to pick up a parking decal across the room which turned out to be an attempt to schedule me for a timeshare sales breakfast. I told the person I wasn't interested and I was already a owner but he was rather pushy. I eventually agreed and then was told I had to pay $20 in advance that would later be refunded when I would attend the appointment. I told him I didn't have cash on me and never showed up. This extended check-in time substantially and annoyed me. For the record, the parking decal is not enforced, no one in the parking lot displayed their decal. The night I arrived from a park very late the water was shut off in my building. I had to call and complain. I was told that signs were displayed throughout the day notifying guests that this would occur, but I was out. I was offered a unit to shower in but quite annoyed once again. I had a baby with me and didn't get to bed until about 1:30 am after everything was said and done. Major inconvenience! They also wanted to charge extra for a pack and play for my baby to sleep in in. Thank goodness I brought my own. The things I enjoyed: Comfort, cleanliness, and spacious unit. Many pools to choose from. Beautifully kept grounds. The convenience of having a full kitchen equipped with everything one would need. The washer and dryer in my unit. Very close to Disney parks and right off of I-4.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that your visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort was not everything it should have been. Though maintenance issues like a water leak will occasionally happen, we work very hard to minimize the discomfort of our guests when they do. We’re happy to know that the staff was able to provide a temporary solution for you during the few hours the water was turned off. Though fees may be inconvenient, additional amenity charges are standard in the travel industry. We are thankful that you appreciated your accommodations and the comfort they provided. We hope that our spacious and clean rooms will entice you to stay with us again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here every year for past 4 years and this year was not so great we stayed in building 12 tv on unit b did not work phone in unit a worked sometimes and any time we took a shower we had to wipe down the floor because it was covered with water when I called to address this it was not correctly fixed and when i inquired about My request to be placed in the new building it was explained to me because Of my check in date i could not be in the new room. When i checked out i asked about this again so next year i could get a new room and was told that checkin for the new building was sunday the day i checked in confirming i was lied to. I hope this experience does not continue next year or we will just seek other accomadations.

• Stayed August 2012
Our goal is to provide an outstanding vacation for every guest that chooses to stay with us and with your recent experience it appears that we had a bit of a lapse in our service. We are very sorry for the issues you had with your room and the information you were given on our special requests policy. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort tries to accommodate all specific requests, regardless what day a guest checks in. Requests cannot be guaranteed and are fulfilled only when there is availability. Your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s management team so that our staff may be retrained. We are committed to creating lasting relationships with our guests and we are grateful for your continued loyal over the past four years. We hope that you return again so that we may have the opportunity to deliver the exceptional service that you and others travelers expect of our resort.

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!