“Lives up to its reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20% by Booking Early
Ranked #1 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Lives up to its reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just got back from a week's stay and everything was great. The rooms are very comfortable and enjoyed the upscale linens. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast every day and it was always delicious, tried the happy hour a few times, also very good. Even tho we were there over the weekend, it never appeared to be too crowded. All in all, we give high points to this Embassy Suites. By the way, we picked this hotel because of the reviews!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Sidjed,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the Tripadvisor community. You stated that you booked with us because of our reviews. I hope that other readers follow your lead and choose to stay with us because of your kind words.

Thanks again!

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

From the first staff member we met to the last, everyone greeted us with a smile. I always judge a hotel on how my autistic son is treated, and he was treated with great respect, as well as myself and daughter. The suite was great, and extremely clean. The door on bed room, gave us girls our privacy from our son in the suite. The view was fantastic, and I don't think 10 minutes is very far to Disney. The rates were extremely reasonable. The free happy hour and munchies, was a nice touch. The breakfast was great. If I wanted to nit pick, I guess I could find something bad, but I would have to search for it, and won't.

Room Tip: High Floors have the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We always enjoy Embassy Suites and this newer location was no exception. Courteous staff, nice rooms. The breakfasts were great and the two folks at the grille were a hoot, we enjoyed their banter and friendliness.

The only down side to our stay was dining in the restaurant the evening of our arrival. The clue should have been when the hostess strayed around and around a half empty dining room trying to decide where to plop us. It went downhill from there. Why it take more than 30 minutes to prepare a chicken caesar salad and tasteless chicken quesadillas is beyond me. Our server dropped our food and never reappeared until time for the check. We learned our lesson, go out next time and avoid the hotel fare.

Room Tip: If they place you on the street side, insist on higher floors. We were on the ninth floor and could...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
CanonShooter1
Thank you for being a fan of the Embassy Suites brand. I am glad that out hotel exceeded your high expectations, given your familiarity with other Embassy hotels. I am sorry about your dining experience. I see that you are from Gainesville- the next time you are coming to the Orlando area, please message me. I would love the opportunity to turn your dining experience with us into a positive one.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This a nice hotel and, believe it or not, the food is also good. We ate appetizers at the bar ( wings and quesedillas) and both times were quite pleased. Staff is lovely, especially bartenders. Complimentary breakfast is worth every penny and free happy hour in evenings, although not with premium brands. Not a kids' resort, perfect for the family with older children .Got very crowded on the weekend.

Room Tip: WE had corner suite on first floor. Very roomy, although the furniture is stiff because so new.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vwaldrop,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is great you found the breakfast and the reception to be worthwhile. Our food and beverage team takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests enjoy their dining experience.

King regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Its a pretty new hotel so one would expect it to be clean and shiny. Stayed there over christmas. Very impressed by the staff training - courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. Rooms were nice and clean. Very comfortable. Free breakfast was very nice although a bit crowded, but the hotel was at full capacity. Happy hour with cheap liquor I could pass on, just go to the bar and have a real drink. Bartenders were very very nice considering they were working on Christmas eve! Only thing is it is a bit of a distance from everything - 10 mins to disney parks, much further to the others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Jetset1959,
Thank you for your great 5-star review. It is very satisfying to hear that you stayed with us during the busiest time of the year in Orlando and were able to be impressed with our staff and product. . I would also like to add that we conveniently offer inexpensive shuttles to Disney and the Universal theme parks.

Kind regards,
Margate, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed in the Altamonte Springs Embassy Suites many times for business meetings and I would like to say that this Hotel far exceeds the one in Altamone. The housekeeping staff kept the place very clean and check in was a breeze.
As we gathered for our meeting this time in one of the many rooms that they have for meetings everyone spoke about the difference between the hotels and all agreed-never again going to Embassy suites in Altamonte Springs.
I would like to speak about one person in particular (Edward the valet) but first I would like to say that all the employees at this hotel cater to YOUR needs including the Security officers that they have and really know what customer service is all about.
Edward the valet was the one who stands out the most though. As I sat outside I watched as he "worked" with the Customers. Maintained eye contact at all times, assured them that there car would be taken care and answered all the questions with a smile. At the same time it seemed he would pay attention to all of the other guests including myself. AMAZING!!!
If you are in the area this is the Hotel to be at!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
179Kelly,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. Our team members take great pride in our hotel and I am thrilled that our guests are noticing the excellent service our team provides to them. I will be sure to pass your words along to the rest of our team.

Thanks again!
Whitehall, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at this beautiful brand new hotel. I was told it is 5 months old. Everything from the fresh smell when you walk in the lobby to the beautifully appointed guest rooms. There is nothing to complain about at this hotel. The staff, everyone, treats you like you are special. Found no one with "an attitude".

The complimentary cooked to order breakfast is good. Buffet with the basics Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and they alternate french toast one day and pancakes the next. They also will make eggs and omlettes to order.

As for the Kyngs Grille, I had dinner one night. I was the only person dining. Usually scares me. Ordered a steak, medium. This steak came burned. Could not eat it. I guess it's ok for burgers and sandwiches, but don't get a steak.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RobertB407,

Thank you so much for your great review. We have received many compliments on our lobby scent- I’m glad it made a difference in your stay.

Thanks again! I hope you come back to re-visit us, and I look forward to your future reviews of our hotel.

Been to Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!