“Nice hotel, interesting choice of location...” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20% by Booking Early
Ranked #1 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
NC
“Nice hotel, interesting choice of location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and good meeting space. The front desk staff was very helpful, especially with sorting out the neighborhood... nearby businesses included good Middle Eastern restaurant, Punjabi restaurant, Publix supermarket, golf discount stores, gentlemen's bar, a couple of hookah bars and at least 2 Asian "massage" parlors. I did not, however, feel unsafe when walking alone in the area. Chain restaurants nearby, some would appeal to children / families. Seems to be an area in transition; the hotel itself was a new property and well-appointed.

Room Tip: From the 7th floor I could see the fireworks at Disney World in the evening.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
ChooseToThrive,

Thank you for your great review. I agree that there are many nearby businesses that any of our guests would find useful.

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly and were well groomed. The room was huge and very clean. There was wifi and the business center was great. The banquet room was very nice and also clean. The food gor the event was well done and the banquet staff was one of the best ive seen. Everything was great very relaxing bplace to stay

Stephen B,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found our suites to be spacious and clean. I hope you are able to return to stay in our hotel on a leisure stay.

Thanks!
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stay at Embassy Suites and this is the worst. Overpriced, no service, bad food. Stayed 2 nights, asked to have room cleaned 3 times, never happened. Breakfast was horrible, inedible, hard pancakes, french toast, sausage patties and potato cubes. So much syrup on the floor, my shoes stuck to the floor. Wet dishes and trays makes everything you put on them wet. Some tables are cleared at breakfast, but none are cleared for evening manager special. Each evening, dirty dishes on tables as far as the eye can see. Room has flat pillows, no exhaust fans in any of the bathrooms, road noise, TV's are programmed to come on with volume too loud, at level of approx. 25, then have to reduce to level of 10. Was told the pool was heated, but not enough, no guests were using the water. Only views from hotel are of empty fields and traffic on busy road out front. Thought check out was at 1:00pm, maid came to room door at 12:00 and was told to leave immediately. In trying to leave, our room card keys were inactivated and could not get possessions out of room without going to front desk to reprogram keys. Can't get a maid to clean your room when you are a guest, but the maid is there to oust you at check out time. Orlando/Kissimmee area has many hotel/buffet/restaurant options, choose any of them over Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Mark H,

Thank you for your review and for allowing me to address some of your major concerns.

In regards to your views on our value: The Embassy Suites brand is widely considered to deliver the best value in the hospitality industry. The brand has a renowned Cooked to Order buffet Breakfast and a Complimentary Manager’s reception that includes complimentary mixed drinks, beer, wine and snacks. All of our rooms are two-room suites with a door separating the bedroom from the parlor area. Our specific property does not charge for self parking or a resort fee, and we offer complimentary internet in the lobby level and our business center. Many hotels charge parking and resort fees, and most hotels charge extravagant rate differences between their rooms and suites, and do not offer free breakfast or any sort of free cocktail/snack hour. I firmly believe once you factor in the aforementioned amenities and services, the Embassy brand and specifically the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista-South compares very favorably to our competitors.

In regards to your housekeeping concerns: We provide housekeeping service to every suite, everyday between the hours of 9am-5:30pm, no exceptions. We accommodate requests to have the room serviced at a specific time during the 9am-5:30pm window on a regular basis. If a guest would like to request service at a specific time in the day to better suit their needs, we graciously accommodate those requests.

You mention that the only views from the hotel are of empty fields and traffic on a street. You also mention on your Tripadvisor profile that you like to read hotel reviews. Two of the most overwhelming and frequent topics in the reviews of our hotel are A) How wonderful our breakfast is and B) How amazing our Disney fireworks view is. Having read your review, I firmly believe that you did not experience the Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South the way that we have intended our guests to experience it. I have sent you a private message in an effort to further discuss your stay and furthermore invite you back to our hotel. I consistently push and challenge my staff to ensure that every guest that leaves this hotel departs with a favorable impression and a desire to return. I want to assure you that my goal remains the same.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night as I was attending a meeting nearby. The price could not be beat for a hotel of this quality. The hotel is about 4 months old, according to the front desk clerk, and feels even newer than that. I honestly felt like nobody had ever been in my room before, that is how immaculate and pristine the room was. The rooms are a little larger than many Embassy Suites and the furnishings are definitely more upscale. I also found the lighting in the room to be superior and the draperies did a great job of keeping the room dark. The bed was very comfortable, too. Because of the layout of the atrium, lobby area, and breakfast / manager's reception area, there is not much noise from downstairs that travels up to the rooms - this is a nice change from other Embassy properties.

I found the staff to be tremendously helpful, especially the front desk staff who constantly went out of their way to offer assistance with a smile.

The location is good, too... fairly close to Disney World and right next to US 192 and also Osceola Parkway, and about a mile from I-4, making it convenient to most of the Central Florida attractions.

The only downsides to this hotel are that the walls between rooms are not as soundproof as I would have liked (I could hear the kids in the room nextdoor) and that internet is not included in the rate (in the rooms) although it is free in the lobby or atrium.

Room Tip: I requested and paid a small surcharge for a high floor room to avoid atrium noise, but it was not n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
ftl-principal,

Thank you for your amazing review. I was particularly happy to read you found that the front desk staff constantly went out of their way to assist you with a smile. We strive to provide sincere service with a smile. I hope to see you back and I look forward to the future reviews of your stays with us.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I used this hotel for a quick pit stop whilst travelling through the USA.

Conveniently located for all major attractions, restaurants, superstores, mini golf etc....
The hotel is wonderfully designed and of high quality.

Check in was quick, professional and painless.

Room was super I had room 1025 fantastic view and very spacious. Good television service, comfy beds, perfect.

We dined in the main restaurant and this is where this hotel loses one major point. A beautiful setting, calm, high quality furnishings. Service started out good, quick polite young lady took our order and served our drinks. We were the only clients. Our food was coming out at different times, starters came out with too longer gaps in time. Main meal was ok...but for $100 + for our meal I don't want to be forgotten about in the restaurant especially as we the only clients in there! After twenty (20) minutes of sitting alone watching two staff members chin wagging and totally not paying attention to us, we walked away without tipping. And believe me I enjoy tipping for any good service.

Pleasant night receptionist, he encouraged me to fill out a feedback form. So I hope management can highlight any weakness that threatens this fantastic hotels new position in the Floridian hotel sector and make the necessary. A nice pool and seating area to relax and chill. Fantastic gym and a well stocked shop.

Being in the travel and tourism trade myself I would recommend this hotel to anyone, just that one gripe, but well done Hilton and Embassy suites.

Mr. Hilton please put free wi-fi in all the rooms. : )

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Tim G,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are always working on improving our product and service and your constructive words will certainly be used as a training topic to better ourselves.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

You can't go wrong staying here. The rooms are beautiful. All of the furnishings in the room are extremely high quality. The staff does there best to maintain this hotel so as to keep it looking brand new. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food and service was top notch. You can stay cheaper at a lot of the neighboring hotels but they don't compare to the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
chiarfk,

Thank you for your great review. I agree that we are an amazing value. Thank you for sharing that with our future Tripadvisor readers.
Cape Ann, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recommend this Embassy Suites. Others in our party stayed at another ES hotel in Lake Buena Vista. We found our hotel much nicer than the one they chose. The hotel opened last November so it is clean and nicely decorated with large rooms containing a microwave and small fridge, but no dishes or silverware. The breakfast offers a nice variety of foods. I like there fruit that appears to be fresh and cut-up on the premises. There is also an evening cocktail party that we did not attend so I cannot comment on.

I am giving it only three stars for location because one needs to have a car as the hotel is located on the edge of the developed area and I found there were limited options to walk to a restaurant, etc.

There are laundry facilites located on each floor, but I was disappointed that there was only one washer and dryer. If I am forced to wash clothes I have a load of light and heavier dark items that cannot be washed together.

Room Tip: Our room was on the tenth floor. It was quiet and with three elevators there wasn't a delay in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!