“Nice quiet, clean and friendly resort” 5 of 5 stars

The Barefoot Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Florida Plaza Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #13 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bolton, Canada
“Nice quiet, clean and friendly resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed with my husband, two children and my parents, in a two bedroom condo over the Christmas week. I found the resort to be clean and well kept and the staff very friendly and willing to assist. I recommend this hotel as perfect for families who want a break from the over crowded and noisy disney economy resorts. With old town within walking distance, it was nice to park the car and walk to nearby restaurants and entertainment. I rated the fitness centre as average as I did not use it and therefore can't make a positive or negative assessment. Thanks for helping us have a great Christmas week in Orlando!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I stayed this summer for 2 weeks. I love this hotel. The only thing is that you can tell its not being upkeep. In the room I stayed you could till that something happen with the wall when you walked in and there was 2 different color yellows. The floor could have used a good mopping. In the king size bed room the bedding smelled like body odor. We call down and went down with no help.when we finally got some bedding it was for yhe queen bed. So I wash the bedding and fixed the problem. The barefoot suits are a lovely place to stay but I can see it going down hill fast. Please don't let that happen. Keep the cleaning and change the bedding for all new guests. I would love to stay there my next visit and I tell everyone about it. Thanks!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The bedding and bathroom did not seem well cleaned as there were hair strands not belonging to us in both places and chrome in bathroom had soap scum. If you don't mind this, it was a nice condo, great location across the road from Old Town and just off Hwy 192 where all the restaurants were. Within 20-30 minutes of the theme parks. The staff was very nice and helpful. An alligator came out of the little swamp beside the pool to sun himself so I got a nice photo right at our resort of wildlife! My husband and I soaked in the hot tub every evening and had the pool area to ourselves. We had the bottom condo and luckily no one was in the top one until the last night of our stay. We could hear all the footsteps which wasn't too bad but something to consider if you book there - maybe a top condo would be better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here not too long ago for a family vacation. It was a wonderful place to stay! Everyone is very nice, and the condo was very clean. It is also in a great location! Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We recently stayed with my wife and daughter from Nov 30 to Dec 10. We stayed at the Barefoot 'n Resort which are the condo type building. This is important because there is also the Barefoot Suites which are the rooms at the building. So better check when you book a room. We stayed at the condos with the queen bed and full kitchen. Very comfortable and clean. kitchen even had a dishwasher and washing machine. Housecleaning is once per week but you can get extra towels and sheets if needed. there is a big parking space and very friendly staff. The webpage said that it didn't have breakfast included but there was indeed bagels and coffee from Monday - Friday complimentary to the stay, so that was a good surprise. Location is close to Old Town, but I didn't think it was noisy as others guests have commented. Its pretty close to the Disney parks (10 minutes) and aprox. 15 minutes car drive to Universal Studios parks. The only bad thing is that wi-fi is not free and rather expensive (8 / day or 30 / week). I would recommend this place without a doubt and would stay here again if I ever go back to disney.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are really glad to read that we were able to offer you a relaxing break; we are pleased that you found everything you needed in your apartment and had an opportunity to enjoy the facilities available on site. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you at Barefoot Suites again in the future!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Me and my husband went here from Nov 29-Dec 9. We absolutely loved it. Great location, great staff, the condo itself was beautiful and we had a wonderful time and met some great people. I would highly recommend this property and are definitely making this a yearly spot to return to. Can't wait to return in February with our kids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We live 2 hours from here and have visited the area many times, but had always stayed in a Disney resort since we were always there for Disney attractions. We were spending the weekend in the area with my teenage daughter and her friend and while researching other options I came across this. IT WAS PERFECT!!! We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with a full kitchen for the same price that we would pay for 1 room with 2 double beds and 1 bath in Disney. There was even a sleeper sofa that we didn't use but it could sleep 6. Loved that the girls had their own room & bath! The suite was very clean. A flat tv in both bedrooms and main room and DVD player in main room. All kitchen necessities are provided. It is directly across the street (a walkable side street not major freeway) from Old Town which was great to be able to walk to dinner and shops with carnival type rides and games for the kids. The kitchen had full size fridge & range so even staying for many days with a family would be comfortable and you wouldn't have to eat all restaurant meals. And It is also less than 10 miles from the Orlando theme parks. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
sheryl c, Director of Sales at The Barefoot Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay. I am so happy that you would now stay here than in the park hotels. That is truly good news. Again, thank you for writing and updating us about your positive stay with us.

Been to The Barefoot Suites? Share your experiences!