We (me and two children, 11 and 9) stayed in a two bedroom suite (one of the townhouse style ones) and loved it so much that we cancelled the Disney hotel we had booked for the last part of our Florida stay (even though penalty) so we could spend more time here. We unanimously rated this as our favourite place that we stayed throughout our 6 week holiday in the US (which says a lot considering it included a Disney hotel, Hard Rock, JW Marriott etc). Not just a lovely place to stay, but one that really changed our holiday, made the pace more relaxing, and gave the feeling of home and of peace.
Our unit was comprised of two floors each containing a bedroom, bathroom, lounge and kitchen - the upper floor had a bigger bedroom with lovely outlook and better bathroom but only kitchenette rather than kitchen, while the downstairs one had a smaller main bedroom but great full kitchen - a true full and well equipped kitchen. The outlook was lovely, green and peaceful, and included deer once or twice. Very clean upon check in, and was very fresh, seemed very new with just a few minor signs that anyone had even been there before.
The staff were very helpful - we dealt with a lady at the front desk who was great, and also security staff who were there at night in reception after reception hours were over. Only negatives were that gate was open most of the time we were there, and that the keys were not activated for the additional 3 days we stayed at the time we booked this. Very minor, the first did not make me feel any problem with security, and the second was very easily fixed by a visit to reception after hours.
We really enjoyed the location too, being near Old Town and Fun Spot - a nice change of pace from Disney and made for an easy night out. Many restaurants nearby too which were suitable for kids, plus supermarkets.
Next time I am in the area I will definitely stay here - having your own space and ability to cook, to do laundry in your own place and such a nice relaxing outlook really did make our holiday so much more enjoyable.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot`n In The Keys Hotel
- Barefoot`n In The Keys Hotel Kissimmee
- Barefoot n In The Keys
- Barefoot Keys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Barefoot'n Resort, you will step into a tropical oasis in the middle of all the Central Florida attractions. Our gated condo resort emanates the charm of “Old Key West”. Experience the turn-of-the century feel, yesterday’s spacious rooms, and today’s convenience. Airy one-bedroom condos with king or queen beds are complete with living room, dining room, and kitchenette. Each condo features a queen-sized sofa-sleeper for extra sleeping space. Enjoy the view of our private lake immerse yourself in our heated pools or hot tub. Adjacent are great dining options and activities for the entire family at Old Town Entertainment Complex. The Maingate entrance to Disney is just 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Hotwire so you can book your The Barefoot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.