“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for an unbeatable rate; will be staying here every time I'm in Orlando.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Barefoot Suites

You added The Barefoot Suites to your Saves list
The Barefoot Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Florida Plaza Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #11 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Absolutely pleased with my stay! Clean, spacious, beautifully-decorated rooms that are only a few minutes from Disney! I could not believe how nice the place was for the rate I received. The staff was very friendly, too! And they told me they are working on getting wifi up.

I will be staying here everytime I visit Orlando!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Huge, clean rooms at a third the price of Disney resorts. Great kitchen facilities. Nice decor. Only 10 mins from Disney. This was almost perfect. Unfortunately, not quite.

First up, check-in wasn't exactly service with a smile. The man behind the desk didn't utter a word, and the girl was as brief with the pleasantries as she could have been. When querying the state of our room over the intercom, the cleaner used the word 'dirty' - not exactly an inspiring start! Fortunately we were assigned to another room.

Secondly - No Wi-Fi in the room. Like, at all. Not even an option. Want Internet? Sit in the lobby and pay $8/day. This SUCKS and is a huge deal breaker in 2012, when we rely on Internet for everything. No thanks. I wound up in Starbucks 1 min down the road and spent that same $8 on coffee and cake, with free Internet to boot. If I'd have realized there was no net, I wouldn't have booked.

Finally, the penny pinching attitude of management was a real turn off. Want a late check out? The fee is $50 per HALF HOUR (nearly as much as per night!). Fail to return that little 10 cent piece of plastic key that other hotels let you keep as a souvenir? No problem - just pay the $25 replacement fee. Of course, you get 2 keys upon check-in, so enjoy your $50 gift! Smuggled your cat in the room? $200 fine.

All this and more could be found in the 'guest directory' which read more like a rule book of reasons to sting you at every opportunity vs. a handy start to your vacation.

Anyway, for $75/night (we thankfully avoided such heinous crimes such as misplacing our room keys), the suite was very clean, spacious and very well located. The lack of Internet means I probably won't revisit given how integral it is to our vacation planning and staying in touch, but it was a nice enough stay all the same.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros: This is like staying in a condo without the extravagant resort fees. Freshly baked cookies in the evenings. Staff are all EXCELLENT. Nice quiet woodsy area to view from your private screened-in balcony. Pool area is very nice and has BBQ grills. Big bedrooms and bathrooms, nice full kitchen.
Cons: (And this can be a big con) It is located right across from Old Town. On the weekends especially, it is extremely loud there and you can hear the screams, the noises of the car show, and the people inside your room with all the tv's on! Even when we stayed in the most quiet area of the resort (not the 6th floor), it was still very loud until about 1 am! Also, there are lots of people walking all around outside because Old Town is literally right across the 2-lane street. There is a guard gate and a fence, however, to keep all the visitors to Old Town out of the resort's parking lots!

jdhmason
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Located RIGHT next to old town, the only thing that you should know Is that the party in old town goes till eleven, but after a day at the parks, it's a non issue. Staff was great, and I go to Orlando A LOT, and have stayed across a wide spectrum of resorts. As far as value for the money, when my wife said " we found our new spot" I knew I would be impressed. Room had a full kitchen, living room, huge bathroom, bedroom, screened in patio, and was SPOTLESS! Was easily 800 square feet. This is the kind of place you stay for a week as a family of four and "function." Pools, playground, even deer grazing out back at night:) I will happily return. Skip the"value" and timeshare "resorts" this place is the real value for the money. Room like this would easily cost double in another town.

• Stayed November 2012
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Grounds were spotless. Room was spacious & cozy. Playground was fun for my son. Old Town is right across the street. Fantastic place to stay. I would recommend it to all. Everyone was extremely friendly & helpful. The pool area was very nice but it was a little too cool for swimming.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Usually when my family and I stay in Orlando, we choose a Hilton hotel as we usually have good experiences there and in the past have been disappointed with smaller hotel chains. However, when looking over priceline.com I came across this hotel and was amazed at the price. 70 bucks for a 1 bedroom suite w/ full kitchen. I visited their website and was socked to find an even lower rate for FL residents for the same room. 55 bucks!!! The reviews looked great, and so did the pictures, but I was cautious and only booked 1 night. What a mistake...this place was AWESOME!!! The rooms looked brand new, my kids got to see deer walking out of the woods at night, and the size of the rooms was wonderful. If your looking for cascading waterfalls in pools, and top tier ammenities, this may not be for you. But if your looking for one of the largest, cleanest, newly updated suites in Orlando for a great price, then this is the place to go. We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Highrise building, not sure if room are different in the bungalow buildings.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just got back from 2 nights of staying here and are well beyond pleased. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. We had a one bedroom and there wasn't anything missing from the room. Full kitchen with all the dishes needed, washer/dryer in the room and it was extremely clean. Landscaping and ammenities were manicured and well kept. We watched a family of deer come out both evenings. It was extremely peaceful, exactly what we were looking for and the location was great. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Barefoot Suites? Share your experiences!