Huge, clean rooms at a third the price of Disney resorts. Great kitchen facilities. Nice decor. Only 10 mins from Disney. This was almost perfect. Unfortunately, not quite.
First up, check-in wasn't exactly service with a smile. The man behind the desk didn't utter a word, and the girl was as brief with the pleasantries as she could have been. When querying the state of our room over the intercom, the cleaner used the word 'dirty' - not exactly an inspiring start! Fortunately we were assigned to another room.
Secondly - No Wi-Fi in the room. Like, at all. Not even an option. Want Internet? Sit in the lobby and pay $8/day. This SUCKS and is a huge deal breaker in 2012, when we rely on Internet for everything. No thanks. I wound up in Starbucks 1 min down the road and spent that same $8 on coffee and cake, with free Internet to boot. If I'd have realized there was no net, I wouldn't have booked.
Finally, the penny pinching attitude of management was a real turn off. Want a late check out? The fee is $50 per HALF HOUR (nearly as much as per night!). Fail to return that little 10 cent piece of plastic key that other hotels let you keep as a souvenir? No problem - just pay the $25 replacement fee. Of course, you get 2 keys upon check-in, so enjoy your $50 gift! Smuggled your cat in the room? $200 fine.
All this and more could be found in the 'guest directory' which read more like a rule book of reasons to sting you at every opportunity vs. a handy start to your vacation.
Anyway, for $75/night (we thankfully avoided such heinous crimes such as misplacing our room keys), the suite was very clean, spacious and very well located. The lack of Internet means I probably won't revisit given how integral it is to our vacation planning and staying in touch, but it was a nice enough stay all the same.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot`n In The Keys Hotel
- Barefoot`n In The Keys Hotel Kissimmee
- Barefoot n In The Keys
- Barefoot Keys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Barefoot'n Resort, you will step into a tropical oasis in the middle of all the Central Florida attractions. Our gated condo resort emanates the charm of “Old Key West”. Experience the turn-of-the century feel, yesterday’s spacious rooms, and today’s convenience. Airy one-bedroom condos with king or queen beds are complete with living room, dining room, and kitchenette. Each condo features a queen-sized sofa-sleeper for extra sleeping space. Enjoy the view of our private lake immerse yourself in our heated pools or hot tub. Adjacent are great dining options and activities for the entire family at Old Town Entertainment Complex. The Maingate entrance to Disney is just 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Barefoot Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.