“I have nothing to complain about.. Really!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Barefoot Suites

Save Saved
You added The Barefoot Suites to your Saves list
The Barefoot Suites
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2750 Florida Plaza Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Miami, Florida
“I have nothing to complain about.. Really!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Let me start out by saying that the Hotel staff were all very helpful & friendly. They were very warm & welcoming. We got to the room & the rooms are humongous, furnished nicely, clean & the resort is very quiet. It is like a nice retreat from all of the hustle & bustle of the theme parks. It is definately a home away from home inspired theme. Step outside of the resort & there is plenty to do from carnivals to shopping to eating. Everything is in close proximity including the Theme Parks which are only 5 to 10 minutes away. Very convienient & definately would recommend to check it out. This will be the hotel I stay in everytime I visit.

Room Tip: All of the Hotel apartments are beautiful so you have plenty of options.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here 28th April - 12th May 2012 and had a wonderful holiday. Website does not do it justice. Everywhere is kept very clean, the staff are very helpful and friendly, especially Michelle on the front desk. We had the pool pretty much to ourselves each morning, as most people were off at theme parks, golf,shopping etc which are all so close by.
The units are very comfortable with all the facilities you would ever need, we had a queen size 1 bedroom unit on the 5th floor,ideal for 2 people. Good air con plus ceiling fans, very comfy beds and TVs in both rooms and a room safe.
Even though Old Town is just across the road, it's still a quiet locations and feels secure. With shops,bars and restaurants all within walking distance it made a nice change not to depend on our car all of the time.We don't bother with Internet etc on holidays (have enough of that at work!) so we weren't bothered about the Wi-fi charges others have commented on.
Would definitely go back and recommend to others........keep an eye out for the deer that creep out of the woods!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Knox, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Barefoot'n Resort last week, May19-26 2012. I don't usually give out a perfect score for hotels and resorts, but I'm giving this one a FIVE. If you want security, affordability, and comfort this resort provided all three. I reserved my single bedroom suite through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. Before I arrived I called (407-396-1006) and was able to upgrade it to a two bedroom suite for a very reasonable amount, and I was glad I did. If you are worried about space and having that nice bathroom with hot tub and kitchenette, then you definitely want a two bedroom suite. We stayed in the two story townhouse-like units, but we got them to show us a unit in the larger "tower" section. It was very nice. And they are working on installing a full-blown WI-FI service and working the cost into the base price, but for now you have to still pay a separate fee. I was told the resort was under new management, and they appeared to me to be working hard to refurbish the units and provide everything you would expect in a value resort as part of the base price. They already provide free coffee and parking, which I assure you most other resorts in Orlando charge extra for. If you are going to the Disney parks, I recommend you go out to IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY, which will take you to US 192 and straight into the parks. You simply make a left out of the resort and another left at the main street and go straight for a mile. Then take the first ramp AFTER I-4, which should say "Magic Kingdom" on it. I must caution that traffic is very hectic in this area, especially on the weekends. Be sure to adhere to the stop light signals. This will take you right into the main road through Disney World very quickly. I would avoid I-4. We had a problem with our room's A/C that they fixed immediately. And you DO NOT want to bring any pets with you to this resort. If you like cereal, coffee, and Orange juice, you should check out their breakfast nook (daily starting at 8:15 AM). And they often put cookies out in the late afternoon. There is a Publix supermarket less than a mile away where you can stock up on food. Go straight at Irlo Bronson and then make a left at the end of the short road to enter the Publix parking lot. We thought Joe's Crab Shack and Domino's Pizza were good meal deals, while some other restaurants were not. Overall, a very affordable and quality experience.

Room Tip: If you are military or DOD, check www.afvclub.com for a possible deal. If nothing else call the res...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shaftsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Our experience at Barefoot in the Keys was just great.We have not ment such nice people in a long time.It was our first time to stay there and first off we were driving down from Vermont and ran into lots of construction and some very bad weather which had us running late for check in.So we called and the girl at the front desk said not to worry about it and by chance if we don`t make it by the time the front desk closes they will tell security and they`ll have the needed paperwork and keys for us,just drive safe.My wife and I thought that was really very nice,and we did get there after the front desk closed and we ment Ed,from security which was just very nice .He opened the security gate then checked us in and just very friendly about the whole thing,which made us feel more relaxed right off the bat after such a hectic trip down.The room itself was very clean,comfortable,and must be constructed well because you don`t hear really any outside noise or from the adjoining units.We stayed in the bottom floor of a townhouse(114A) and again very nice.As for the location it was ideal, walking distance to many shops,stores and places to eat,also Old Town is just across the road.The theme parks are about 20 minutes away and about 30 minutes or less you can go horseback riding,or take a ride in a helecopter,or a trip on an airboat.Again I want to say how great the staff is from the front desk,security,housekeeping,and Miguel in maintenance,which gave us some tips on a local baby alligator,to the deers that would come on the grounds that we would watch late at night from our patio.They all helped in making our vacation to Barefoot in the Keys one vacation we will not forget.Thank you all again and we hope to return asap .....Fred and Debbie..........PS.. the only thing I would change is the next trip down we are going to fly.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

we have been coming to kissimmee for over 25 yrs, for the first 5 we stayed at the days inn right near old town, once it started going down hill we spent amost 20 yrs at the royale parc suites also in the same area ... even though they re did all the rooms 2 yrs ago its also going down, we decided to look around last week and voila right across from old town is barfoot'n in the keys so we decided to take a walk over, we were shown a room and were amazed we checked out of royale parc and checked into barefoot'n ... we will be staying there from now on, there is no housekeeping like the other hotels, but you can get it on request for a fee, but you have everything you need, even a washer and dryer in your room, or should i say rooms, 2 bdrms 2 bath kitchen and livingroom screened in porch..... right outside is the great pool area. i LOVED IT and already made our november reservation..... and i love michelle who was at the desk daily....awesome rooms awesome staff.....

baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My family and I stayed 4 nights/5days. The first day was nice. We visited old town which is right next door. Did some shopping and rode a few rides. When we were ready to settle in, we opened the sofa bed to see a matress as thin as paper with springs popping through. We called down to the front desk, and asked for a new mattress or a new room. This problem never got resolved until our last night there. We left very early for parks everyday and never had the chance to speak with anyone face to face, as they opened at 8am, which we left every morning before then, and did not arrive back until late, which security was the only ones to talk to.That was very upsetting! The floors left our feet and socks black. Other than that, the place was nice.The king sized bed was comfy and room was a nice size, the bathroom was big.The pool was clean and refreshing. We would probably return.

Antioch, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We spent 7 nights here and all I can say is, it was the best deal we could ever come across for our Disney World trip! The 1 bedroom condo was plenty big for the 3 of us. Although the sofabed wasn't the best, we made the most of it by using the couch cushions as extra padding. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you needed if you wanted to cook. The most popular feature was the screened in balcony. We spent a few nights watching the Disney fireworks even though it wasn't exactly close, we were able to see most of it. The resort is tucked away from the main street but it is in a great location with tons of restaurants, stores, etc. Across the way is an old town strip mall. It is a good place to burn an hour or so checking the stores out, but some of the characters there were a bit frightening, so I'd pass that up next time we are there. All in all, we were very pleased.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Barefoot Suites? Share your experiences!