“Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5196 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Kissimmee Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Middleburg, Florida
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Nothing to brag about here. The hotel is old and showing it. The pool is dirty, would not let my kids swim in it. The staff not very friendly, too busy watching TV, they don't even greet the guests. Plus, they are all foreigners and when we asked questions, they could not answer them. They sent us in the wrong direction to go somewhere. Very frustrating. Carpet in rooms were dirty. Breakfast was ok, nothing above and beyond. Stayed here cause there was no other rooms in town. Okay to stay for that reason.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room was dated but the bed was very comfortable, ironing board was table top and broken, iron was cheesy, hair dryer didn't work. Shower temp was hard to regulate and ran out of hot water at end of second shower. But, breakfast was good and hot. Staff was very nice and helpfully. Probably would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vancleave, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is NOT newly renovated. Some of the furniture (and I stress 'some') might be fairly new but it is by no means new and updated.

I booked this room directly through Comfort Inn's website. Upon arriving I was told to sign something stating that I understood that my rates had changed since my booking....HUH? How do you book a hotel a week in advance and have your rates change.

Room 1: We get up to our room and give it the quick once over and notice pubic hairs on the site of the bath tub. No excuse not to see these hairs sitting right on the top of the edge of the tub. So we call for a swap (to 410 or 412 I think).

Room 2: We've been on the road for 8 hours and it's 10-11pm so we take baths right away. The shower/tub knob is broken and won't shut off the water. But it's late and since I sleep with the air on for noise anyway, it didn't bother me. I just made a mental note to address it the next day (which I forgot). So we get back the second night and take showers again. My son comes out and says "the water won't turn off". So I say "you just have to turn it pretty hard". He "turns it pretty hard" and the knob completely strips out. Now we can't turn it off at all and it's running pretty good (not just a trickle). So I call for another room swap (this time to 416). Also, the AC unit is very, very noisy in High Cool mode. Makes a horrible rattle the whole time the compressor is running (not when the fan is running but compressor is off).

Room 3: Again, very run down room, the granite walled showers are actually cracked. They have silicone and caulk everywhere to prevent water intrusion but it's all separated and mildewed so you can tell it's not working. The bath light/fan unit is very, very noisy and it takes about 15 seconds for the light to even stop flickering and come on.

The remote doesn't work unless you are right in front of the tv, the hangers and rod are broken in the closet that is in the room. The wall outlets are old and wore out and most don't even hold plugs in them. Also, btw, the night stand light and alarm clock are plugged into a wall outlet that is behind the bed. The mattresses and sheets are butted right up to the plug and covered in dust and debris. Very disgusting.

It does have a laundry room and it functions fine but like everything else, it has very old machines. (not that that really matters if they clean the clothes)

Very old and run down hotel in a bad location. I don't know what people are smoking when they talk about being close to Disney and attractions but this is about as far as you can get away from Disney on the Irlo Bronson strip. The road in and out is completely tore up and full of potholes and it's tucked back off the road behind the Ihop. It also sits between two horribly dilapidated old motels. One is condemned and the other looks like it's been turned into extended stay with junk piled on the porches outside. If you look at one of the professional pool pics you can see that motel in the background (mostly hidden by the pool fence).

Since I was aggravated by the "sign this agreeing to a price change" upon my arrival, the girl got an attitude with me right from the start and her attitude stunk the other two times I had to deal with her (the late evening room swaps). Another girl (an Indian girl) was real nice and what I assume to be her mother was as well.

And lastly, on to breakfast. Breakfast was fine. It wasn't great, particularly the old dried out egg patties, and the same old sausage links every morning, but it was acceptable in the overpriced, run down world of Kissimmee motels. They had waffles, cereal, yogurt, danishes. All the typical low-budget breakfast buffet foods that you'd expect.

In closing, I'd say that you can do much better in Kissimmee. We didn't realize that the area had expanded westward until halfway through our stay. If and when we go back, we'll definitely stay out that way. The hotels are new, the restaurants are new, it's not flooded with knock-off Disney t-shirt shops. This is the armpit of the Irlo Bronson strip and I learned it the hard way. This hotel is acceptable but unless your stay averages about $50 a night, you are overpaying. We paid $80-ish a night (85 I think) and I can honestly say that I felt like I got ripped off. It was not worth $85 a night.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of Celebration and World. There are new hotels and brand new shopping develop...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had never stayed at a CI hotel and was prepared to be disappointed. I was not disappointed. The room was very clean and neat, The receptionist was congenial and efficient. The free breakfast was an added bonus with ample seating and delicious dishes available. Everything was fresh and there was enough for everyone. We were very pleased and the price of the room was below most other national chain hotels. As I booked the room thru a second party online, the receptionist was unable to give me a total charge upon checking out. I don't quite understand this, but it was a minor issue. I was charged the correct amount on my CC.

Room Tip: Book this hotel early as it was full by early evening.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Ann Arbor MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This seems to be a hotel that has been upgraded from a previous life. The lobby area is small, but furnishings throughout were relatively new, the building was maintained extremely well, and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and included hot foods (scrambled egg patties, sausage links, and waffle maker) in addition to fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, and breads. It was much nicer than most of the hotels in the area and very convenient to Disney. Walgreen's right next door was convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

San Diego, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Comfort upInn for two nights and it was very clean and safe. Staff was very helpfully and friendly. Rooms are quiet and roomy. Definitely one of the better places to stay in the area. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Disney World. All the staff were great. Large King room with mini-fridge, table for eating, large bathroom and great bed with plenty of pillows. The breakfast was ok - better than most but whoever has heard of beans for breakfast? Ewwww! The breakfast is why I downgraded this hotel to 4 stars. Plenty of free parking. Didn't try out the pool. The spa was on the hot side but we enjoyed it especially after spending a full day at DW walking around. This hotel is centrally located to plenty of restaurants and shopping if that's what you're into. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 6th or 7th floor in a corner away from elevators. Very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!