As previous reviewers reported, this formerly was a Baymont Inn/Best Western Hotel. Since the transition to Comfort Inn, the hotel has been completely refurbished inside and out. It reopened under its new management in January 2012. As such, many of the earlier reviews may not be relevant.
The property is set back from the highway so it will be in your best interest to map it out ahead of time. We used the nearby I-Hop as our landmark as there is no road signage for the hotel. Check in was efficient once I got past the couple who booked through a third party and whose reservation did not make it to the hotel. The lobby was nice but simple. The adjoining breakfast area was also sort of small.
Note that as of early February they were still working on the first floor. As a result, that main corridor is blocked for passage. That is the corridor that also leads to the outdoor pool but the February temperatures were not conducive for swimming.
The elevator was terribly slow but once we got to the third floor the room was nice. Nice bright corridors too. Flat screen TV, micro/fridge in the room. Comfy beds. And a "towel swan" was sitting on the bed on our arrival - something you do not see at a hotel in this price point. Wireless internet worked well with the laptop but was problematic with my Blackberry Tablet and Smartphone. But that is likely a Blackberry issue.
Several points off for ambient noise. The walls are thin. You can hear folks in the adjoining room as well as the corridor. Some University of South Florida students were across the hall and we could hear them pretty distinctly. Our solution was to keep the heater/air conditioning on at low speed. That provided enough white noise to make for good sleeping. Very hot shower and good water pressure too.
Breakfast was simple fare and did not vary over our three day stay. Eggs, sausage links, waffle maker and the usual variety of cereal, bagels and some fresh fruit. The breakfast area is smallish. As we were up early it was not an issue but during peak travel season it could be a problem.
I did not see a gym or business office, but the first floor (beyond the reception and breakfast area) is still under renovation. Staff was polite.
There are several dining options withing walking distance to include the previously mentioned I-Hop and a Perkins. Many more places are on the road but I do not recommend trying to cross Irlo Bronson Highway on foot.
All in all, it was an inexpensive and decent stay. No complaints.
- Also Known As:
- Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Hotel
- Best Western Kissimmee Hotel
- Best Western Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Kissimmee Florida hotel, Comfort Inn near Old Town KissimmeeThe Comfort Inn® hotel in Kissimmee offers easy access to top Florida attractions, including Disney World’s Epcot Center, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. This Kissimmee, FL hotel is also near Universal Studios and SeaWorld.Guests of the Comfort Inn hotel will appreciate interior corridors as well as 24-hour access to guest laundry services. There is also an outdoor pool.Other amenities at this Kissimmee, FL hotel include:•Free hot breakfast•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free weekday newspaper•Free coffeeBusiness travelers will appreciate access to fax and copy services. All spacious guest rooms at this smoke-free hotel offer a flat-screen television with cable, coffee maker, desk, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave, sofa sleeper and whirlpool.Its location with convenient access to popular attractions make the Comfort Inn hotel the perfect selection for business and leisure travelers in Kissimmee, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.