“Spring Training/Spring Break Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Grand Palms
You added Grand Palms to your Saves list
3201 Lindsfield Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #70 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Colorado
“Spring Training/Spring Break Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Dad & Son baseball fans met in Orlando to get away for spring break. Booked Grand Palms thru Global Discovery Vacations as members (not a timeshare, but vacation club that has shares in condos in most vacation hot spots.) Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of GP. Collected key from lock box, no timeshare sales, kitchen well supplied with every thing needed for cooking and cleaning for a week. Opted for 2 bedrooms 1-K & 1-Q. 3rd bedroom with 2 twins was supposed to be locked out - but wasn't - didn't disturb it though. Big flat screen TVs in living room and master br, but no WiFi - we had air card so no problem. All furniture, fixtures and carpeting well mentained and W/D in condo - which is a must with the swimming pool. Great home away from home - better than dealing with hotel check-in, parking, etc. Will definitly stay again! Disney was only a few miles away where one baseball park is located. Universal and other baseball park only 30 - 40 min. drive. Hint: if going to amusement parks - go early!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

A bit outdated. 2 good size bedrooms, the 3rd was very small. Carpeting was kind of dirty looking...they provided the bare minimum of essential items. Close to shopping for groceries etc. There is no management on site so if something goes wrong, it is not easy to get ahold of someone.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Cadillac, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Avoid staying here. Obviously there has been new management since the last reviews here. I am up at 2:30am writing this review because the people that left yesterday in the unit next to us thought it would be funny to set the radio clock alarm for the middle of the night on a heavy metal station as loud as they can. That wouldn't be so bad if someone could get in the room to turn it off. There is no management on site. No telephone number connected to any office(calling the phone number listed in directory service says it is disconnected). We rented through VRBO through Global Connections. Global Connections "emergency" phone number is an answeeing service and they have a maintenance/service phone number but will not give it out because the info they have says it is only good after 8:00am. I walk the entire property and there is no phone numbers listed anywhere except the security guards station at the main entrance, which is never occupied, and that phone number goes to a voicemail box.

No onsite staff = no service = never stay here!
So here I am unable to go back to bed because there is "nothing we can do".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
KLynne, Property Manager for this unit at Grand Palms at Grand Palms, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
The first thing to understand here is that at Grand Palms, each unit is individually owned. It is not a hotel with a front desk, nor is it a resort owned by one entity.

I work in the Property Management Division for Global Connections, and we manage the unit at Grand Palms that this guest stayed in.

This guest was scheduled for check in on Saturday and on Wednesday I received a call from an agent in our booking office regarding this guests complaint about the loud rock music coming from an adjacent unit. Global Connections does not manage the unit that the loud rock music was coming from and therefore we had no means by which to enter the unit to investigate.

I immediately contacted the Homeowners Association Manager regarding the situation. He told me that I needed to speak with his assistant who was on the phone at the moment, and I requested to hold for her. When she picked up the line I began to explain the situation, she advised she had just hung up with the same guest who had gotten her number and called with the same complaint. She needed to research her owner records to locate the owner or owner representative of the unit that the loud rock music was coming from. I tried to contact the guest to let him know that I too spoke to the HOA but he was not available. His daughter answered the unit phone when I called and I relayed to her the non emergency phone number to the Osceola County Police Department in the event the music came on again at night. The HOA later informed me that the contact number for the owner of the offending unit was no longer valid and there was nothing else they could do. There were no further complaints received in my office from this guest.

Global Connections did everything in our power to get to the source of the loud rock music that was preventing our guest from getting sleep at night. We did everything that we were able to do short of forced entry which would have been against the law. Obviously Global Connections is not happy when our guests are not happy. Unfortunately in this situation, we were not able to satisfy the guest as we were not willing to break the law to enter the offending unit. We had no other unit to move him to and did everything in our power that we could possibly have done. We are very sorry that his vacation was interrupted by the music in the adjacent unit
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

We stayed in one of the villas during a week long trip to the Orlando/Kissimmee area in 2004. It is the best place we have ever stayed. We liked that the villa was one story; no steps to go up and no one walking around above you, making noise. There was a washer and dryer in the garage for your use (not coin operated). You couldn't park your car in the garage, but if you stayed at a hotel or whatever, you wouldn't have a garage there either. It had a nice screened-in porch, lots of space, great beds and plenty of towels, etc. The pool area was nice and was never very crowded while we were there. They also offer tennis courts and a nice gazebo area near the grills. It was very clean and well maintained. The rate is unbelieveable! We only paid about $80 a night in the middle of July for two bedrooms/two baths and a sleeper sofa.

The management company we rented through, Sun Country Villas, could not have been nicer. We did not book very far in advance, so we had to make full payment at the time of the booking. They didn't take the credit card I wanted to use, but they held the condo for me until they received my check.

It is off the beaten path a little bit, but we enjoyed being away from all of the traffic at the end of the day. There is a grocery store about a mile away.

The only slight draw back was that you had to walk a little ways to the grill area.

Everytime we travel somewhere now, we wish we could find somewhere just as nice.

• Liked — that it was only one story and had it's own washer/dryer
  • Disliked — the location of the grills
  • Tips/Secrets — absolutely stay here!!!
  • Stayed July 2004, traveled with family
Huber Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

I booked a reservation for my husband, son and I for the Villages at Mango Key for the week of 26 Nov thru 4 Dec 05. When we arrived and checked-in, we were actually put in the Grand Palms resort vs. Mango Key. I was somewhat concerned when this happened, but my fear quickly subsided when we drove across the street to our condo. They put us in a 3 bedroom/2 bath (as reserved) and the place was BEAUTIFUL!!! It had recently been painted and new carpet/furnishings throughout. It had large rooms (even the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms were spacious, full kitchen, washer/dryer, nice pool, exercise room. We have visited the Orlando area every year since 1996 (sometimes twice a year) to visit Mickey, Minnie and the gang. Until last year, we had stayed on Disney property, but tried the Summer Bay resort for a change. It was nice, but nothing like Grand Palms! We LOVED it and will definately return next November!!!

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2005

At first I did not know what I was getting into, I came onto the Trip Advisor website and there were no reviews about the Grand Palms. I actually won the condo on Ebay at a great price. The length of my stay was from the 23rd-27th of August with my husband and son. The Grand Palms was a great place. The condo had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, washer, dryer, full kitchen, living room and dining room area. There was a pool on site along with a tennis court, gazebo and bbq grills. When we first got there, our condo was not ready, I called the help desk and in less than 10 mins we were switched into a clean condo. Once that discprency was taken care of, it was smooth sailing from there. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Grand Palms? Share your experiences!