“8836A Grand palms circle condo unit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Grand Palms
Save Saved
You added Grand Palms to your Saves list
3201 Lindsfield Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #66 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Woodbridge, Virginia
“8836A Grand palms circle condo unit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just got back home from vacation in Florida , stayed @ the Grand Palms Circle,

Arrived on a Friday afternoon,paid extra to enter sooner than 4:PM , 3 bedroom comdo unit, nice furniture , over all clean, and spacious , Over all I do feel that they should change the Towels and washclothes ( often ) We purchased our own Bath towels and wash cloths, just because we thought it was a good idea and we are a little funny about using a wash cloth and towel that someone else has used , I did noticed staining on a washcloth and towel in the Master batjroom, so I was glad we did buy our own, the kitchen was clean , However I still used clorox spray bleach ( just me ) washer and dryer works, the dining room furniture was cute , but the chairs was very uncomfortable because the backing of the chairs was brass iron, that hurt if you are sitting there for a period of time , kitchen pots and pans , utensils, dishes etc was in pretty good condition, we cooked twice , went out mostly, the linens and comforters and linens should be changed once after so many washes , tends to look old and faded , but I still enjoyed Our 6 day stay, the fitness room is nice, the pool had leaves in it and I know that was because of the few windy days we had but someone shou;d have cleaned it out , and the spa the water was warm, but the unit where you see the temperature , 1 lady that was lying out said it wasnt working , no biggie, most of Our stay we was out venturing the areas, it was a place to rest and shower, I would still say much better in a sense than a hotel, you have more control & freedom. so I know all condo's arent going to be the same and all not going to be Grade A, but it's the House keeping department that is cleaning the condo's everyone clean dIfferent , what can I say , I would stay there again, and just hope that the lady with the 1 little girl wont be there , because she allowed that child to run through the house and I could hear every move she made and that was because there was no carpet on the floor in that condo except for the tile on the floor , I know this because I knoced on the door because of the little girl running so much,,, I called the management office before I knocked on the door ........

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The main concern we had about this property was the cleansiness. The layout was perfect, but it's something about sleeping on others linen that heightens my senses. First off there was various stains on the walls and light switches and the ice trays in the freezer were dirty. The towels in the master bedroom were stained with something brown so this led my friend to do in detail inspection of the linens. He took the pillow cases off the pillows to inspect them and they were horrible so we bought our own pillow cases and pillows. Also we had to do our own cleaning and replenishing. It's not like when you're at a hotel were maids come in and replenish things like toilet tissue daily, we had to buy our own. When washing our clothes in the provided washer and dryer we discovered a note taped to the inside closet wall that ask us to "start washing towel and sheets" prior to our departure. This concerned me because it made us believe the stained towels were acutually dirty because the previous visitors failed to clean them. Also a fixture in the bathroom came tumbling down when my friend reached for a towel, so this was already tampered with. When we pulled out the suffer bed, dirt was all under it. Other than those concerns, the room was actuall ok after we bought some cleaning supplies, rags, etc. and cleaned.

Room Tip: Wash all your linens first or bring your own.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Condo unit was very spacious and very, very clean. We had a second floor unit a short walk to the pool. Condo was nicely decorated and beds were comfortable. Full size washer dryer was a nice addition. We thoroughly enjoyed our week here and it was a great location to shopping and restaurants and of course Disney!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our 5 night condo rental was clean, well decorated, and the complex was nice. I too was concerned after reading some reviews but my fears were unjustified. This area was quiet, convenient and a GREAT bargain. So much space after being cramped in a hotel room together! Did not go to pool but it looked fine and was being used. Since the condos are indivually owned and managed you will need to do more research, but the condo community itself was great. There was a supertarget and publix and other stores/restaurants within about 2 miles or so.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
sillot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Got back from our holiday in Florida yesterday. Was a little worried as after I booked our apartment at Grand Palms I saw some really bad reviews. So relieved when we got there! The apartment we stayed in was 8836a Grand Palms, which we booked through DVRO. It was clean and well equipped. The communal swimming pool was lovely. The sun beds were comfortable and spotless. Grand Palms is so well positioned to get to Disney and Universal Studios and Seaworld in no time at all. There are supermarkets and restaurants within easy reach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Palms for two weeks in May 2011 with our 3 children. Looking at a few negative reviews I thought I would share our experience which was positive. We found the Grand Palms to be well maintained, with a nice uncrowded pool area and a hot tub as well. The grounds had an area for grilling dinner and an area where the kids could play. Units will vary as they are individually owned but ours was nice. We found the location to be perfect, only a few minutes to the Disney World parks. I would recommend this complex to anyone, we are returning for 12 nights again this May. I reviewed this once a few days ago and it never showed up, not sure why, so thought I would try again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The first thing we met with was having to step over curled up flooring to enter. Tried to put my guests in the master bedroom but was appalled at the filthy bathroom and moved them to the other bedroom.

Things were not even close to what was promised.

This was not anywhere near an upgrade from the calypso cay condos or the Mike Ditka resort which is what I originally called about. In either location or quality.
Carmen you describe this to me as luxurious, only if you would put a rundown days inn or knights inn in that category.
I was embarrassed to have my guests stay there.

We were also held hostage for a cleaning fee. Our initial discussion was that there would not be one. It was discussed and I was quoted a price for three nights which was less than 2 nights plus the cleaning fee. You assured me that I would not be charged if we only stayed 2 nights. I again asked when you called back asking for a second credit card authorization for the taxes to be paid directly to you, and was assured there would be no additional charges.
If we had not had tickets for an event in two hours after our arrival, and it was new years eve I would have walked out.
I tried to have maint correct the internet problem but was told he could not switch the non working modem and could not access passwords for other available signal. Had to leave condo for McDonalds to get any information.
Treid to contact mgt with no response. BEWARE

Room Tip: Find another company to book thru
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Palms? Share your experiences!