“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I went over memorial day weekend and t was fantastic. It is very close to the parks. The rooms are clean and come fully stocked with everything you need. It is a motel type setting but the rooms are just as nice as a hotel. The pool is great. They also have a jacuzzi and a children's pool. The property is also riddled with tables and barbecues for the patrons to use as they please.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
PIVacations, Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Another sold on lad fashion charm. We have everything a large resort has but in small amount.
One pool, one playground and numerous grills for barbecuing.
Come again and enjoy Kissimmee’s little secret. Small homey resort close to everything.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Channahon, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I am generally quite the hotel snob, and yes, the Magic Tree is more motel like at times than hotel... they do not have a bar or restaurant, it is not flashy at all and the pool is nothing spectacular. BUT, as a second generation owner who has been coming since I was a child, I am still proud to take my own children back and enjoy Magic Tree. When we are in Kissimmee, we are going to spend most of our time at the parks, Disney, Universal, Seaworld, etc. After a long day on our feet, Magic Tree is always a homey, comfortable place to come back to. We own a 2 bedroom, and it's nice as the kids get older to have the extra spaces for some time spent not on top of each other. Plus, it saves money to be able to have breakfast and dinner at the resort.

There are times when we're in the mood for a more all inclusive, true resort featuring multiple pools and dining options. But Magic Tree is honest about what it is, and that is a reasonable, family oriented resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
PIVacations, Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for coming to Magic Tree and for your comment. Magic Tree cannot compete with a large resort, so we continue to offer
The best service we can and hope all that visit enjoy us for our unique small private, homey atmosphere. Being an older resort we have the privilege
of having our fourth generation of owners coming year after year.

Michigan, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Previously stayed here with my wife in September and liked it enough so we booked it again for a spring break. No where near a 'resort' like the Marriott Resort & Spa in Palm Desert that we have stayed at but it was again very cozy, laid back and enjoyable. Since our stay in September they apparently added WIFI access points around the property -- I was able to use the free service from the living room without having to go close to the main building (which was a pain). Rooms were clean, furniture and amenities (lots of pots, plates, glasses and silverware) were all fine. Bed was firm, covers/sheets/pillows all looked new. Had a 2 bedroom unit on the second floor on the side with the elevator. Pool area was more crowded this time but we were always able to find two lounge chairs to use and there were plenty of towels that did not have to be checked out. We found the staff to again be friendly, pool the right temperature and the exercise facility first rate (wife used it every day).

The biggest complaint was outdoor noise in the bedroom. They are widening the road and maybe building something next door. The rooms have vents under the windows that can be opened. But even when closed they lack sound-deadening. Not sure why they still have them since all the rooms have central AC and heating - they need to replace the vents with two pieces of plywood (?) with foam in between so you cannot hear outside noises...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
PIVacations, Manager at Magic Tree Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you FM_MI from N. Dakota for your kind comments about Magic Tree Resort. We appreciate you for seeing Magic Tree for its quiet, quaint uniqueness. We are a small private resort that strives to be very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing some road construction which is out of our control but when completed we expect it will make our road much easier for our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience the noise from the vents may have caused but appreciate you informing us so that we may improve our resort. We are looking to replace the vents when we do our next remodel in 2014.

Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again, third times the charm!

Happy Vacationing,

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our family has been coming to Magic Tree for years and we love it here. It is a family oriented,friendly veryclean, resort with phenomenal staff.We have met some other vacationers who have become friends and we enjoy each others company on a yearly basis.I would recommend this resort to anyone who likes a family atmosphere while vacationing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Suring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have been owners for the past 17 years at Magic Tree. What GREAT improvements they are making for us owners and visitors to enjoy the resort EVEN MORE! First words out of staff mouths when we enter the lobby are "Welcome Home". And what a great feeling - to know we will see many familiar faces around the pool to catch up with on family, and see many new faces - which means we can make even more friends! The resort has fun events-tonight we had karaoke. Bring a dish to pass and sing your heart out if you want to - and don't if you're shy! What a wonderful, family-oriented resort. My grandkids are coming in 3 days and I know their parents and us grandparents won't have to worry about their safety. Love the Tree, and would recommend it to anyone who wants a fun, safe environment for their families!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed with my small children at this resort. At first sight I found it to be run down and cold.
My check in experience was a total suprise. They got me in quick as my kids were hungry and grumpy. We had drove in from Iowa. My first time meeting the resort manager and one of the board members this is when I found this is a time share and not a reosrt as they claim. Were having a karoke party in the lounge. NO kids allowed. My husband and I were shocked and angry that they are allowed to drink to the point of being drunk, while they * have owner's activities * Ok I get that your a time share and have owner's then you need to advertise that you are and not a resort. They are loud rude crued and very disrespectful to the employees and guest's. I probably paid more for my week there than most owner's. I did speak to a guest at the pool and I paid over 800.00 for my time at this so called resort and the manager gave him a free stay. I will never go back and I will never recommend this place to friends or family. I feel bad for the employee's to work for such rude and disrespecful people. Nothing Magic about this place at all

Room Tip: Dont stay here when they have karoke night
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bayfeld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Despite our mediocre first impressions, we found out that this resort is first class. The rooms are great and the staff have a very sincere and family-like devotion to their Magic Tree patrons that makes staying there a real pleasure. A balcony would have been nice and they need a few more lounge chairs for the pool, but overall, it was a great place to spend a relaxing week.

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor have convenient rear door access from the parking lot. Great for luggage and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Magic Tree Resort? Share your experiences!