“Small timeshare that is great for small Children and older adults” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Tree Resort

Save Saved
You added Magic Tree Resort to your Saves list
Magic Tree Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2795 Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Brunswick Maine
“Small timeshare that is great for small Children and older adults”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We are owners here and have been for many years after coming with my inlaws when my kids were little. They are now in there early 20s and still love coming here.This is no Ritz but a place I am happy to say I own a small piece of. This timeshare is small and very close to Walt Disney World like 10 mins away.The pool, large hot tub and child pool is in the center of this resort and the rooms all go around the outside. I have stayed at other timeshares where you have to drive to the pool and hot tub but not here. These rooms have all been updated and have new furniture. They have a small playground area and tennis courts outback and recently added nice excersise room. If you looking for activities going on all day then this place is NOT for you. But looking for a great location for disney then this will be great. You will love the safe feeling of this resort.

I almost forgot they just put in a elevator so if you have a wheelchair or even a stroller its great.

Room Tip: room close to the pool area if you have kids and near the front closest to the front desk you can p...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stony Point, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My family & I stayed there for a week, and we were sad to leave. 2 germ condo was huge, had new furniture and was a quiet an peaceful stay. There was other kids my children made friends with, and didn't want to leave. The staff was awesome! Just a quick 5 minute drive to Disney and any restaurant you can think of!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Just came back from staying at this resort, did an exchange through RCI and at first I was a little skeptical about it from not finding too many pictures online but booked it just because of all the great reviews it had. I called the resort to inform I would be ariving late and spoke to a yound girl I believe was Brenda or Deby, she was so informative, friendly and helpful from the beginning. When I arrived late I was greeted by the night person who was very friendly even past 3 am and a young tall lady offered to print out my boarding passes without me even asking, she was so pleasant. I was told the rooms have recently just been updated, the resort now has an elevator, gym, game room and wi-fi available in the lobby area. I would definitely stay here again, it is such a quiet resort so close to Disney and everything else, the staff makes the difference!

Room Tip: away from laundry, can be noisy
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Central Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

So right off the bat let me state the obvious -- if you want a fancy resort like the Marriott Desert Springs Villas you will be very unhappy with this place. As others have said, it was a two story motel that was converted to one and two bedroom 'condos' by taking 3 or 4 of those motel rooms, knocking down some walls, and creating bedrooms, baths, a kitchen and living room. It is sort of rectangular in shape, with the front entrance going into the living room, followed by the kitchen and the bedrooms behind that.

Our two bedroom unit (129) had its own central HVAC (very quiet), 3 TVs (all 'tube' type but we did see some rooms with LCD TVs), a DVD/VHS player (living room), sleeper sofa (looked brand new) and enough dishes/glasses/utensils for 12! This kitchen had everything we needed, right down to salt and pepper shakers and sugars packets. Dishwasher soap, dish washing soap, even a scrubbing sponge was there along with paper towels, dish towels and trash bags. This is the only place we stayed at that had all of these amenities provided.

There was a king size bed in the master bedroom and two queens in the second bedroom. There were two full bath rooms (w/showers) and the master bedroom / bath had a door to isolate it from the rest of the unit (it also had its own outside door). A check of the mattress showed it was very new without any spots or bugs and it was quite firm. One thing we liked was the overhead fan in the bedroom (and in the living room).

We found out that a number of renovations were recently made that others had negative comments about -- they installed a 15 person elevator and a very nice exercise room with plasma TV. In addition, there are two large meeting rooms that you can use plus a computer in a smaller room (which was free to use). However they have not fixed the WIFI issue -- we had spotty coverage in our room (which was about 1/2 way back in the property from the office area) but was solid from the pool area or if we came outside the room and sat in the 'crows nest' (very odd sitting areas on 2nd level).

Although there was no washer in the unit, they did have 6 washers (looked brand new) and dryers (older but worked fine) that were FREE to use. And they gave us a free box of soap for our first load.

They had a game room, free popcorn in the lobby (fresh every time we went there), a lit tennis court (with basketball hoops at both ends but in rough shape), a nice looking kids play ground (didn't use it so no feedback), a shuffle board court, a ping pong table (it was outside) and a number of gas grilles scattered around for residents to use.

So what did we like about this place? The people (both the staff and other guests) who made this place feel like you were at home with family. Everything was close and you never had to walk far to get to anything (many resorts we have stayed at required us to constantly use our car to get somewhere). The relaxing atmosphere and quiet surroundings (most of the time). Its close proximity to Disney (10 minute drive) but not on a major roadway. The beautiful garden that surrounded the inside of the property. The ample pool towels you get yourself (that didn't require you to sign a "you-will-pay-$25-if-you-don't -return-it" voucher). And the room service (they came and gave us fresh towels daily, even made up our bed several times).

And what didn't we like? The noise in the morning as cars and trucks entered/left the property (we stayed on the side were the access gate was, so each morning there was traffic going by our room including a truck one day at 7 AM). The fact that you could not use the exercise room if there was no one at the desk to give you the key (your room key did NOT WORK!). That the pool did not open until 9 AM. And that we had to sit near the window or go outside the room to get wireless.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

There are other (better) places ro stay and based on reviews and pictures of the resort that were available, I was unsure about the resort but was surprised. If you are going to check in after hours, make sure you call the front desk ad let them kmow that you will be late. I made it just before the lobby closed, but since I called they were going to put my key in a lock box so that we could hget into the room. The (single) computer that is available for guests is very slow and there is only one, so if you have need for a computer, there may be times when you are SOL. The staff was pleasant enough, but not overly so. There is a free nwasher and dryer available for use and there is an elevator, but you have to look for it. The water in the pool is warm and the pool area is nice as well. There are better resorts around town, however for the price we paid, there were no real complaints...except for the two dead bugs that were awaiting us upon our arrival. When I reported this to the front desk, they reacted very nonchalantly about it as if it were no big deal. The good thing is that I did not see any more bugs, dead or alive, except for silverfish. The 2 bedroom we had was clean and had been updated fairly recently (make SURE you ask for an updated room). The area around was clean. Be aware that in a two bedroom, the door in the master provides access to the parking lot and there is a front door as well that overlooks the pool courtyard. The pictures of the resort do not truly reflect the resort. I kinda hesitate in calling it a resort because it really doesn't compare to other nearby resorts, nonetheless, it was clean and although it might not be my first choice, I would stay there again. The Magic tree Resort was located down the street (by car) from Disney resort and for that along with then price, might make it a fantastic place to stayn especially if you are going to Disney. i is located fairly close to several family oriented restaurants as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and are were planning a mini-vacation with our familys, each of us having 5 members, so there was a total of 10 people. We literally had done hours of researching hotels. Every time we found a place that seemed decent we would read a review on trip advisor and then opt to not use that hotel (any reports of bed bugs, roaches, etc would keep us from staying). This was the only hotel that had good RECENT reviews. We each booked a 2 bedroom suite and we would definitely stay here again. The hotel (I don't consider this a resort) is basically a big rectangle, with a courtyard in the middle. The 2 room suites (I assume 1 room as well but am not sure) have two entrances, one to the outside of the rectangle and one to the inside. There is no elevator and we were on the 2nd floor so that was a bit annoying with all our items, but we managed. The bedrooms were good sized and clean, although the decor to me was a bit outdated. But I did a matress check and no bedbugs so I can deal with the FL motif. Two full clean bathrooms, PLENTY of towels, I've always had to request more but we had more than enough. And the cleaning people come and replenish daily. The have everything you need in the suite for the kitchen, and I mean everything, salt/peper shakers, paper towels, dish washer detergent, and even 1 complimentary laundry soap - and the laundry facility is free if you want to use it. The have 2 gas grills outside for people to use and the pool area was clean. The only complaint my crew had was that it was a heated pool and it felt like a giant bath to them. But they still swam :-) The game room was nice, kids had fun and so did the adults playing air hockey. We live here in FL and were going to Disney and didn't mind driving, it only took us maybe 10 minutes to get to the Magic Kinddown, and less than 5 to get to Old Town. With 3 kids and 2 adults in each suite, it was very comfortable, 3 tvs so everyone was happy. AC worked great, but had leaked so we had a wet spot on the carpet but maintenance came and put a fan and it was no problem after that. And for the price, we paid %80/night, it was worth it, you get what you pay for - we were originally going to stay in a $40 / night hotel but the reviews were disgusting. I see people mention the "rules" and tha it's not kid friendly, but I thought it was, we were in the game room really late, and they make popcorn every afternoon in the lobby, and have movies to borrow, and there were plenty of kids there as well. I was very impressed wiht the items in the kitchen, can openers, pizza pans, amount of dishes, etc, all very nice. Good way to save money by being able to eat in. The only negative things I have to say are the wet rug due to the AC that I mentioned, and I found 1 dead bug in the bathroom - like a fly -nothing major and nothing that you wouldn't find in your own home. And when I initially called the receptionist said that she would call me back and never did, but we just booked online instead and had no issues.

Room Tip: book ahead if you are getting more than 1 suite, we wanted 2 next to each other but ended up on sepa...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had to stay here because of a emergency issue with our resort of choice' It wasn't dirty or anything it was just not that nice the pool. was really ugly im sorry to say.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Magic Tree Resort? Share your experiences!