“Very good but slow food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #460 of 644 restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Italian
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Very good but slow food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We went here for dinner on Saturday, March 24, 2012. We got there and were seated immediately. The restaurant was not overly crowded. We got our drinks and placed our order - a medium chicago style cheese pizza - not too tricky!

About a half hour later, we had not gotten our food, but Chicago style pizzas do tend to take a bit longer. 40 minutes passed when the waitress brought our pizza, but instead of Chicago style, it was regular (like hand tossed) crust. How on earth that took 40 minutes was beyond me. She asked us if we wanted to wait for a new one to be made. Well, we were hungry, so we said no and just took that one. We were quite irritated. However, the pizza was DELICIOUS.

A few minutes later, the waitress asked us if we were disappointed, and we said yes, as we had ordered something else, and she offered us a free pizza to take home. We said no, as we had no place to store it. A couple minutes later, the manager came over, apologized, and told us he would charge us for a small pizza and give us a 15% discount on top of that off of our bill.

So while there was an error, the staff was really quite good about "fixing" it, and the pizza was super good. I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the mood for really tasty pizza and you're not in a hurry!!! :)

Visited March 2012

27% Recommend
Fairdale
“Food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The food was good, the service was just alright however there were 5 of us and we wanted a table so we were seated at a table for 6 people and we asked for 2 seperate bills which worked out great, on the menu it said 15% gratuity added to groups of 6 or more ok that makes sense. we get our bills and gratutiy was added, I brought it to the managers attention and he took it off I think the waitress was trying to pull one over on us which wasn't right. If you are looking to have pizza and beer this isn't the place to go as they don't serve alcohol, it was a Great atmosphere and a close walk from "old Town"

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
natebanta
“Pretty Good Chicago Style, Could Use More Servers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I love Chicago deep dish. I have been to Chicago numerous times and have eaten at all the famous joints there. This place wants to give that Chitown vibe and style. We had a great server who was attentive and quite helpful. Sadly, as it got busier our server became less attentive to her clients as there weren't enough servers to go around.
Everything we ate was quite good. The pizza was a stuffed style Chicago, so it had a Giodarno's thing going for it. Not quite that good, but a worthy attempt. Not nearly a Gino's, but definitely not a sad imitation of an Old Chicago. Kids enjoyed their pasta, too, but not as much as the pizza.
After the meal, there was a bit of confusion over our Groupon. They got it right in the end with no argument or fuss, and were quite gracious about it really.
If you know Chicago style stuffed pizza, you know this is a good attempt. If you prefer NY thin crust or regular old pizza, steer clear as their specialty might not meet your norm.
Overall, it was a good dinner for the family.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, Ohio
“Nice Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Cozy, cute restaurant near Old Town (walking distance), We had great Italian food - bruschetta, spaghetti and ravioli. Large portions. Pizza looked delicious, but we didn't try it. Very good and friendly service. Not super cheap, but reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
All Over
“ONE WORD.... HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Do yourself a favor and don't go to this place. We had a groupon and went for dinner. Before we ordered I let them know about the groupon which said 2 apps, 1 lg pizz, 2 desserts, and 4 drinks for a family of 4 which was a $59 value. I asked if we could substitute items and just pay anything over the $59 that the groupon was worth. The waitress said she'd have to ask and brought a gentleman over to the table to explain. The guy said sure but the value of the groupon is $59 so anything above that amount, we'd had to pay for. No problem. We ordered calamari, bruchetta, a large pizza, drinks, chicken alfredo w/ fettucine, tiramisu and some vanilla cake thing with strawberry. Everything we had was disgusting. The most horrible food I've eaten in a long time. I'm from New York and have eaten pizza everywhere (some great, some good, and some plain horrible), but this was beyond bad. The calamari was tough and rubbery, alfredo sauce was watery and bland, fettucine noodles were stuck together, bruchetta had mushy tomatoes on it and loaded with cheese (Italian's I know don't put cheese on bruchetta), and the desserts were fit for the trash. The meal was a complete bust. But that's not the worst part. So we get the bill and they charge us for everything on the groupon plus all the additional items we ordered that the guy initially told us was covered as long as the cost didn't exceed the $59 value, remember. I ask to speak to the guy the waitress initially brought over to the table that okay'd the substitutions. They told me he was gone for the day so I said isn't there another Manager on duty that I can speak with. Get this - the waitress told me the guy she initially brought to the table was the computer technician who installed their computer system so he doesn't know about the groupon and can't authorize anything. My next question was why did you even bring him over to the table and present him to me to discuss the groupon issue as if this guy was the Manager and had some authority. You mean to tell me this guy spent 5 minutes discussing the groupon situation, came over to our table and sat down to talk more after we got our food, and stopped by again to say good night and all this time we're talking to a third party computer consultant who isn't even an employee and has nothing to do with operating the restaurant! Are you kidding me? She finally sent the real Manager over and he began telling us how they're not making any profit off these groupons and they're basically giving away the food when people use them and how it's not fair and blah, blah, blah. He also gave me the bill with a 20% tip added for the waiter. Now I'm not cheap and am happy to tip, but typically parties over 6 or more automatically get gratuity added and furthermore it states such on the menu itself. Well, these clowns were obviously trying to get over on us, but fortunately I'm not dumb enough for him so I wasn't having it AT ALL. We paid what we owed based on the groupon, tipped based on service received and got the heck out of there. The whole experience was a disaster from start to finish. Needless to say, we're never going back there again and with so many great restaurants in Orlando there's absolutely no need to.

• Visited January 2012