“Recently renewed. like new. great surprisr” 4 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5731 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #69 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Recently renewed. like new. great surprisr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I paid 40 usd total for a room with 2 double beds. the room is in great condition. recently renewed i can still smell the nice aroma of recent paint. very clean top to bottom and very comfortable. higly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect straight across the road from old town which is a quaint little street with a few bars and shops we were there at weekend every night there were loads of classic cars all lined up and a band on. There is an Italian restaurant which is very good on the next block
The rooms were basic but you get what you pay for. All the staff were really nice and friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

What a bargain. It was super clean. The staff were friendly, and the cost on April 2 was about $30 for this senior. Yes it is Motel 6 so don't expect free wifi,breakfast and flat screen tv. I had a good nights rest on a comfortable bed and had no fears about security. It is a prime location near many restaurants and doesn't come with resort fees and $3 safes. They also accept pets without an extra charge. This motel has not been upgraded like some of the 6's but I didn't miss it.

Room Tip: I had an pool side room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
New Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Yes, this is a budget motel. The rates are EXTREMELY CHEAP. However, I stay here every time I travel to Kissimmee, and that is for several reasons. A) I come for the attractions. I'd rather have more money to spend at the parks than for my hotel bill. B) The pool here is outstanding. C) I like the laundry facility on the property. D) The staff at the front desk has always been very helpful, welcoming, and friendly.

That said, there are several things you should know before staying here. Do not walk on the carpet with your bare feet. It is filthy, and I wear flip-flops the whole time. Also, the TVs are very old, but the cable works great. The maids don't like it when you leave personal items on the beds (even if it's only a pillow or blanket you brought from home).

I will continue to stay here when I visit Kissimmee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this location approximately 3 or 4 times and this decision, is mainly due to the excellent location, close to everything gas stations, food, drive to attractions, however with regards to the hotel itself the rooms are average two double beds or 1 king size bed, I must their carpets always have a weirf smell though, the A/C is ridiculously coldl, the room I stayed in the bathroom was fairly average along with the vanity area. My pet peeve is a dirty washing machine though, it shouldn't be a problem for them to simply clean the washer/ dryer facilities for guests. Other wise pretty below average stay if you can't find any other available lodging.

Room Tip: Always request closest to office. The back tend to be more quiet/ lonely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

great pools; good location; would of been nice if they had one queen size bed instead of 2 double beds. The double beds are much too small. Prefer queen bed; large pools for swimming and no problen with children being unruly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I let a few reviews here convince me along with the $29.99 rate that this place might be ok. I was dead wrong. I drove up and walked into a lobby that smelled like a bathroom, but was greeted by a very nice and extremely professional gentleman who helped get me checked in. He was amazingly friendly and seemed very genuine in wanting me to feel welcome. Unfortunately, he sent me to a room that was an absolute disaster area. Beds destroyed, trash everywhere and reeked terribly. I went to notify them and the same gentleman was very apologetic and instantly arranged for me to have another room. Some woman whose capacity there was unknown nor ever made known suggested to him to give me a 10% discount and my wifi free for one evening. He seemed very sorry it happened, but I was tired and already regretting my decision. The next room seemed ok at first, but I then found problem after problem.
Room 272
1. Chair at desk was extremely wobbly and if I had sat on it, I'm sure it would have broken.
2. The menu for a local eatery under the telephone was sitting in water, and smelled like it had been there for more than a day.
3. Both beds had cigarette burns in them. Not small, light ones either. Strange, since I was in a non smoking room.
4. Both air conditioner and bathroom vent were filthy with dust and did not appear to have been cleaned for months.
5. Grout in bathroom was moldy and numerous dead bugs could easily be seen in the light fixture.
6. Pubic hairs were in both the shower and on CLEAN TOWELS! I left one towel in the sink with the hair visible so it could be taken away, only to find it had been folded up and put back on the holder. (hair folded inside this time)

and worst of all

7. FLEAS!! I had to stay pretty well covered and if I didn't I was instantly picking them off once I touched the carpet. (which was also pretty dirty)

Seen enough yet? By the way, avoid the McDonalds nearby too, as in my short time there, I was asked for money, and had some thug try and fight me outside for no good reason. I played a role as a dumb tourist to get out of trouble which worked, and he just muttered something in Spanish and walked to his car. The sad thing for this hotel is, the front desk man is WAY too good for this place. He mentioned he had worked for the company for 4 years, but I hope he finds a better place to work. Cheap rates are no excuse to keep a filthy, dilapidated motel. Save up and stay in a nice place. You'll be sorry if you stay here. I hate writing negative reviews but this place earned it and then some.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Been to Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East? Share your experiences!