I let a few reviews here convince me along with the $29.99 rate that this place might be ok. I was dead wrong. I drove up and walked into a lobby that smelled like a bathroom, but was greeted by a very nice and extremely professional gentleman who helped get me checked in. He was amazingly friendly and seemed very genuine in wanting me to feel welcome. Unfortunately, he sent me to a room that was an absolute disaster area. Beds destroyed, trash everywhere and reeked terribly. I went to notify them and the same gentleman was very apologetic and instantly arranged for me to have another room. Some woman whose capacity there was unknown nor ever made known suggested to him to give me a 10% discount and my wifi free for one evening. He seemed very sorry it happened, but I was tired and already regretting my decision. The next room seemed ok at first, but I then found problem after problem.
1. Chair at desk was extremely wobbly and if I had sat on it, I'm sure it would have broken.
2. The menu for a local eatery under the telephone was sitting in water, and smelled like it had been there for more than a day.
3. Both beds had cigarette burns in them. Not small, light ones either. Strange, since I was in a non smoking room.
4. Both air conditioner and bathroom vent were filthy with dust and did not appear to have been cleaned for months.
5. Grout in bathroom was moldy and numerous dead bugs could easily be seen in the light fixture.
6. Pubic hairs were in both the shower and on CLEAN TOWELS! I left one towel in the sink with the hair visible so it could be taken away, only to find it had been folded up and put back on the holder. (hair folded inside this time)
and worst of all
7. FLEAS!! I had to stay pretty well covered and if I didn't I was instantly picking them off once I touched the carpet. (which was also pretty dirty)
Seen enough yet? By the way, avoid the McDonalds nearby too, as in my short time there, I was asked for money, and had some thug try and fight me outside for no good reason. I played a role as a dumb tourist to get out of trouble which worked, and he just muttered something in Spanish and walked to his car. The sad thing for this hotel is, the front desk man is WAY too good for this place. He mentioned he had worked for the company for 4 years, but I hope he finds a better place to work. Cheap rates are no excuse to keep a filthy, dilapidated motel. Save up and stay in a nice place. You'll be sorry if you stay here. I hate writing negative reviews but this place earned it and then some.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Motel 6 Kissimmee
- Motel Six Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Motel 6
- Kissimmee Motel Six