I stayed in 2 different rooms in 2 different locations on the property, each room equipped with 2 double beds. I was with my g/f and her 6 year old daughter.
1) I did NOT have an encounter with any bugs of any kind in either room, or walking around the property.
2) The rooms appear to have been cleaned as well as they can be. I did NOT experience leftover trash, spills, used towels, or anything of the sort, and I noticed vacuum tracks in the not-so-worn parts of the carpets.
3) The walls, paint, bathtub, counter-tops, etc., all looked well maintained. I did NOT experience any peeling paint, rust stains, broken furniture, or anything of the sort.
4) Despite the 'cheap' look of the mattresses, they were firm and comfortable to sleep on. If you want pillow-top mattresses, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere.
5) The size of the room is standard. NOT extra-small as some other reviews led me to believe.
6) The size of the bathroom is surprisingly a bit larger than expected.
7) I felt safe on this property, as I did not notice any 'bad element' hanging around. But if you have a tendency to be paranoid due to the older style of motels (i.e. exterior pathways), then, again, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere with interior hallways.
Would I allow my g/f's 6 year old daughter to roam unsupervised? Of course not! Not even at a $100+ per night hotel!!
8) I was treated warmly and with respect by all 4 different employees I encountered. If you are treated badly, I would guess you should look in the mirror for the reason why you might have been treated that way.
9) The window curtain is ONE giant curtain that closes across the span of the ENTIRE window - no uncovered sides, and no middle gap that lets light in when pulling 2 curtains together at the middle. Why can't ALL motels/hotels have this???
10) The price! Being that we spend our days at the parks and spend most of our non-park time in the motel watching a little TV, sleeping, and showering, it was nice to finally return home to a $70 hotel charge on my visa, as opposed to a $300+ hotel charge for only 2 nights of lodging!
a) ONLY a small, cheap bar of soap is provided. Be sure to bring your own shampoo & conditioner, and a more fragrant type of soap if desired.
b) I noticed internet access is available for $3 per day. I did NOT need internet service, so I do not know how it is. If you want free internet, McDonald's is a very short distance from the motel.
This hotel does have a few major problems to contend with, but I believe they are doing the best they can.
Problem 1: Smokers in non-smoking rooms.
-- I was told it is the motel's policy to have 1 ashtray in non-smoking rooms, and 3 ashtrays in smoking rooms. The concept is, some smokers wish to stay (or end up) in a non-smoking room; providing them with an ashtray gives them something to put their cigarette waste in when going outside the room for a smoke, rather than putting their cigarette waste in a plastic cup of water which could then be spilled on the floor resulting a terrible mess.
HOWEVER, many smokers will opt to smoke in the bathroom, thinking the bathroom exhaust fan will magically carry away the smoke and leave no odor or residue behind - WRONG!!! I had to re-paint (several times) AND replace the bathroom exhaust fan in a rental home I used to own, because of this. The exhaust fan got so gummed up from the cigarette smoke, not only did it retain the smoke odor, but it stopped working as a result as well.
-- Suggested solution ... Designate one entire wing of the complex for smoking (perhaps all of the rooms and associated exterior pathway along the backside of the property). This will be the ONLY location on the property, not just rooms, where people will be allowed to smoke. Posting obvious directions and signs to this area should be done as well. If people in non-smoking rooms wish to smoke, they will need to walk to the 'smoking only' area of the property to do so. Everywhere else on the property will be non-smoking. And enforce the non-smoking rule in the non-smoking rooms/areas 100%. And require a $50 deposit on all rooms to help 'influence' people to cooperate ... once the rooms have been remodeled and ridden of the smoke odor, it will be very easy to smell if anyone violated the policy; yes, even in the bathrooms.
Problem 2: The heavily-worn carpets.
-- I was told there is new management/owners who are taking steps to try and improve on this issue. Plans are in the works to replace the carpets with wood floors (sometime in 2014). But until then, a deep-cleaning is being attempted to remedy the carpets until the remodeling is executed. But as I stated previously, the carpets are not the only thing retaining the bad odor that lingers in the rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Motel 6 Kissimmee
- Motel Six Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Motel 6
- Kissimmee Motel Six