“Go with low expectations to match the low price, and be satisfied.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5731 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #66 of 156 hotels in Kissimmee
North Miami, Florida
“Go with low expectations to match the low price, and be satisfied.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in 2 different rooms in 2 different locations on the property, each room equipped with 2 double beds. I was with my g/f and her 6 year old daughter.

The GOOD:
1) I did NOT have an encounter with any bugs of any kind in either room, or walking around the property.
2) The rooms appear to have been cleaned as well as they can be. I did NOT experience leftover trash, spills, used towels, or anything of the sort, and I noticed vacuum tracks in the not-so-worn parts of the carpets.
3) The walls, paint, bathtub, counter-tops, etc., all looked well maintained. I did NOT experience any peeling paint, rust stains, broken furniture, or anything of the sort.
4) Despite the 'cheap' look of the mattresses, they were firm and comfortable to sleep on. If you want pillow-top mattresses, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere.
5) The size of the room is standard. NOT extra-small as some other reviews led me to believe.
6) The size of the bathroom is surprisingly a bit larger than expected.
7) I felt safe on this property, as I did not notice any 'bad element' hanging around. But if you have a tendency to be paranoid due to the older style of motels (i.e. exterior pathways), then, again, pay the extra $75+ per night to stay elsewhere with interior hallways.
Would I allow my g/f's 6 year old daughter to roam unsupervised? Of course not! Not even at a $100+ per night hotel!!
8) I was treated warmly and with respect by all 4 different employees I encountered. If you are treated badly, I would guess you should look in the mirror for the reason why you might have been treated that way.
9) The window curtain is ONE giant curtain that closes across the span of the ENTIRE window - no uncovered sides, and no middle gap that lets light in when pulling 2 curtains together at the middle. Why can't ALL motels/hotels have this???
10) The price! Being that we spend our days at the parks and spend most of our non-park time in the motel watching a little TV, sleeping, and showering, it was nice to finally return home to a $70 hotel charge on my visa, as opposed to a $300+ hotel charge for only 2 nights of lodging!

NOTES:
a) ONLY a small, cheap bar of soap is provided. Be sure to bring your own shampoo & conditioner, and a more fragrant type of soap if desired.
b) I noticed internet access is available for $3 per day. I did NOT need internet service, so I do not know how it is. If you want free internet, McDonald's is a very short distance from the motel.

This hotel does have a few major problems to contend with, but I believe they are doing the best they can.

Problem 1: Smokers in non-smoking rooms.
-- I was told it is the motel's policy to have 1 ashtray in non-smoking rooms, and 3 ashtrays in smoking rooms. The concept is, some smokers wish to stay (or end up) in a non-smoking room; providing them with an ashtray gives them something to put their cigarette waste in when going outside the room for a smoke, rather than putting their cigarette waste in a plastic cup of water which could then be spilled on the floor resulting a terrible mess.
HOWEVER, many smokers will opt to smoke in the bathroom, thinking the bathroom exhaust fan will magically carry away the smoke and leave no odor or residue behind - WRONG!!! I had to re-paint (several times) AND replace the bathroom exhaust fan in a rental home I used to own, because of this. The exhaust fan got so gummed up from the cigarette smoke, not only did it retain the smoke odor, but it stopped working as a result as well.
-- Suggested solution ... Designate one entire wing of the complex for smoking (perhaps all of the rooms and associated exterior pathway along the backside of the property). This will be the ONLY location on the property, not just rooms, where people will be allowed to smoke. Posting obvious directions and signs to this area should be done as well. If people in non-smoking rooms wish to smoke, they will need to walk to the 'smoking only' area of the property to do so. Everywhere else on the property will be non-smoking. And enforce the non-smoking rule in the non-smoking rooms/areas 100%. And require a $50 deposit on all rooms to help 'influence' people to cooperate ... once the rooms have been remodeled and ridden of the smoke odor, it will be very easy to smell if anyone violated the policy; yes, even in the bathrooms.

Problem 2: The heavily-worn carpets.
-- I was told there is new management/owners who are taking steps to try and improve on this issue. Plans are in the works to replace the carpets with wood floors (sometime in 2014). But until then, a deep-cleaning is being attempted to remedy the carpets until the remodeling is executed. But as I stated previously, the carpets are not the only thing retaining the bad odor that lingers in the rooms.

Room Tip: I was told, the second-story rooms have less 'foot traffic', so if you don't mind walkin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

when ever we go to Kissimmee we stay at motel 6 it is nice and clean the staff are so friendly and helpful christen at the front office is such a sweetheart so nice and friendly and the manager james is such a wonderful man he runs a great motel and makes sure that your happy with our room and our stay it is so nice to stay away from home and feel so relaxed and comfortable we will look forward to our next stay there and our pet loves it there too

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spring break/Easter weekend in Kissimmee, Florida good luck finding a hotel! We found that the Motel 6 Main Gate East had a few rooms available so we gave them a call. Spoke with Ralph, who was most helpful. They only have a couple of rooms with King beds so we settled with 2 queens. $41.39/night....not too bad. We arrived to find the front desk staff was nice although a bit unprofessional. The room was clean but well worn. he carpet is in need of replacement and the beds are very low, almost felt as though we were sleeping on the floor! Within walking distance we found several eateries and TONS of shopping. Old Town is across the street too!

In summary, not a favorite go to place, but good in a pinch. Good for the price. If you go in with the expectation that you will get what you pay for you won't be disappointed. No frills, no blow dryer or complimentary shampoo. March madness basketball will be watched on a small tv, not a flat screen. Did we get a good night sleep? Yes we did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ozark, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Needed a last minute place to stop with 2 adults, 1 child and 2 dogs, plus needed wheelchair accessible. Called and they were super helpful in getting exactly what I needed. Got there very late with lots of cranky people and dogs. Even the office guy going off duty stopped and walked us around to the right room and helped us find a place to park our wheelchair van where it was most accessible. Great service which i appreciate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Front desk staff was friendly but the room was not in very good shape. Housekeeping seemed to work somewhat random (one day they only changed towels and took out trash but did not make beds, the other day they just made one of the beds). The motel is very cheap and conveniently located if you are planning to spend time in Disneyworld. Several restaurants, and a small amusement park in the vicinity of the motel and Disneyworld only 20 mins or half an hour drive away. If you spend the days in Disneyworld then it may not matter so much that the motel is run down and in bad shape. This is definitely the type of accommodation you want to spend as little time as possible in. We would not recommend it for families.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed in Mote6 before but this particular one was pretty bad. We stayed in room 272, the carpet was very dirty and had few red stains (blood?) on it so we used shoes at all times. One of the bed covers had a whole by a cigarette burn and the shower made a squeaky sound when it was in use so we had to turn the nob all the time so the sound would stop. A few mornings we found a dead cockroach in the bathroom floor. The toilet was also very loud, like in an airplane. Some mornings we changed towels with the cleaning person outside but other mornings I'm not sure if they even got it to clean at all. During the whole stay we took our own garbage out.

We stayed here for 7 nights (2 adults and one 5-yr-old child) during our Disney vacation but it was definitely too much. One or two nights I could have done fine but for a whole week it was just horrible.

Obviously the prices are good and unbeatable but the rooms could be cleaner and in a better condition. Fairly close to Disney parks so location was pretty good for us.

Room Tip: Don't take room 272!
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here after having horrible experience at another Motel 6 and it seems the entire Motel 6 chain should be condemned ! I'll keep it short and sweet. Walked into out hotel room and the first thing i spot is a dead BED BUG between the sheets !!!!!!! Got a refund and never looked back !

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel like the plague.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Orlando Kissimmee Main Gate East? Share your experiences!