OK... This resort is amazing for a value resort. You are absorbed right into Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, Lion King, or Cars movies, it’s just simply AMAZING! Best resort for the little ones. It’s not too large that you feel like you are walking forever to get to the Quick Service food hall and gift shop. I had my cast member daughter book this room with her 60% discount!!! I felt like royalty. It only cost $473 for 4 nights and this was for a one bedroom suite.
My Lion King Suite (Room 505) makes me feel like Nala and Simba are going to walk around the corner and roar at me! We have a room with a queen bed and a bathroom, a family room with a couch (that pulls out into a bed), and a table (that converts to a bed). Another bathroom off of the family room along with a kitchenette, with a refrigerator, coffee maker, sink, and cupboard with bowls, utensils, etc. complete this suite that can sleep 6. Great family suite! We are overlooking the “Elephant Graveyard”! I did not venture to the “Big Blue Pool” but if it’s anything like the Lion King Suite, it will be a hit as well.
What I like:
Colorful and vibrant decorations on the grounds and in the rooms
You feel like you are walking through the movie (which ever themed building you are in)
“The Big Blue Pool” (vibrant and big, lots for the little ones to do)
“The Flippin Fin pool”, between the Little Mermaid buildings (smaller and more quiet).
Huge food court “Landscape of Flavors” with many different choices
Nice gift shop
Huge check in area with lovely sketches of the movies
ROOMY spacious suite with beds enough for 6 people!
Free Wifi in rooms and on the grounds
Bathrooms are roomy as well with great showers with a Serengeti View
Resort grounds are beautiful and you will love walking around with the kids exploring each movie themed building
What I didn’t like:
Busses can be a little slow, but I had my car, so I only used it once to go to Downtown Disney.
• Go early in the morning to the quick service food court to minimize the crowds.
• Make sure to go to Hollywood’s Studio to see the Osborne Family Christmas Lights over 5 million Christmas lights
• Try and visit the Grand Floridian to see the life size gingerbread house in the atrium of the main building (it will open November 16th and sell delicious candies). It is a site to behold!
• Ask for the Lion King, Nemo, or Cars building, they are closest to the main building, the Little Mermaid is the furthest away.
• I read one entry that stated he was robbed of money… there is a safe in each room that you program with your own number, so not sure why that patron did not utilize the safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 1,120 suites designed after Finding Nemo, Cars and The Lion King, and 864 rooms inspired by The Little Mermaid, you'll feel like you're staying in the middle of a Disney story with all of your favorite characters. Family suites are opened in May 2012 and standard rooms are scheduled to open September 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Disney's Art of Animation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.