“Better Than Some Of The Luxury Resorts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Art of Animation Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1850 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #6 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Better Than Some Of The Luxury Resorts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Outstanding room and themes. We stayed in the Finding Nemo suite and can't say enough about how pleased we were with the room. Beautiful colors, plenty of space and we had a lovely view of the serene lake.

The pool was fabulous and each area was themed and very interesting to look at. Some of the best Disney theming I've seen anywhere.

It's price range makes it affordable, though more expensive than the other value resorts, if it had a couple of good restaurants it would surely be a luxury resort.

The downside if there is one is the food court which is nightmarish at best.

Why anyone would think this set up is good is beyond me. If you read any of my other reviews, you'll learn I detest lining up only to line up again. Well, this takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. You line up to order your meal, but if your family isn't all enjoying the same thing, you have to line up at different stations, then you line up to pay at a separate counter.

Whilst your food goes cold, or better yet in my second attempt, the ice cream completely melts and you refuse to pay for it.

That's grade A stupid.

But I won't let an onsite restaurant detract from what was a wonderful place to stay. Worth staying here for sure, just eat elsewhere.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

2,466 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Lion King Suites from 11/4 thru 11/10. We were originally scheduled to stay at the Caribbean Bch. However, 3 days prior to leaving we decided to bring our 2 nieces. Their home was severely damaged from Hurricane Sandy, and so we thought we would get them out of the situation and also give their father time to deal with FEMA, etc. So, 3 days prior to leaving Disney was able to switch us to the Art of Animation.

The resort is beautiful, everything is shiny and new. The kids loved the room. There were 6 of us all together, including two 16yo and two 12yo. There was plenty of room for everyone and the kids actually preferred the Murphy bed to the sofa bed. There were 2 bathrooms, which made things much easier.

The cafeteria is constant chaos. I think we ate there twice, ordered pizza to go a couple times. My husband drove to a nearby Publix and bought food for breakfast, sandwiches, etc., so this saved time and money. Just going to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee was an ordeal. We pretty much stayed away from there.

The kids loved the pool. You have to remember to bring towels from your room, though, as none are provided at the pool.

Housekeeping was great. The room was always clean and they left extra supplies when requested.

Buses were timely. We never waited more than 15 minutes at any time. However, be prepared, because they stuff you onto the buses like cattle. I think we were able to actually sit on a bus twice the entire week we were there. As we were in the Lion King Suites, we really had a very short walk to the main building and buses. We've walked further at other resorts.

I know people complain of noise in the hall, etc., but I didn't think this was any different than any other hotel I have stayed in. Yes, the bathroom fan runs all night, but we closed the door and it didn't bother us at all.

They do advertise free wi-fi; however, I think I was able to latch onto it for a total of 10 minutes the entire week. My husband had to go to the cafeteria when he had work to do, as the wi-fi seemed to work from there.

Overall, I think this is a great hotel for families. This was our first time staying at a value resort, and I would definitely recommend it to others. We had a great vacation there!

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

New Disney resort that has suites for families with a bed room, 2 bathrooms, a pull out sofa bed which was comfortable, and a table bed, also comfortable. .There are 3 sections: Lion King, Little Mermaid and Cars. We stayed at Cars and the kids loved it. The resort was clean and staff were fantastic. Only negative was that we had cell phone coverage only if we stood at the window of our first floor room. Go out side and you have full coverage. The other negative would be wireless internet coverage was spotty. We had coverage in the room but it kept going to limited coverage. Would have to reconnect each time. Otherwise, this is a great hotel and we would certainly stay again. You cannot go wrong at this hotel for family fun. Just a close bus ride to all the Disney attractions We highly recommend!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Pros.
We stayed in a Nemo Family Suite. The room was clean, comfortable and very spacious. The decor is awesome. We also liked the main pool but wished they supplied towels at the pool. Guest are required to bring towels from their room to use at the pool.
Cons.
Only one food area (a food court setup). Breakfast was total craziness. Stay clear of the food court for breakfast. You get a tray (cafeteria style) and stand in multiple lines for food. One line for Pancakes, another for coffee, another for eggs and another to check out. I was also surprised they didn't have an official coffee shop.
I was also disappoited with the food options. It was very diffficult to find a healthy meal. I expected more from Disney in terms of food.

I would rate this place 3.5 but didn't have that option.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Nemo rooms they are closest to the pool and food court. Cars rooms aren't to...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

On a recent trip down to WDW we decided to stay at a more kid friendly resort and we were not disappointed. Art of Animation met our expectations. The kids loved it from the initial drive in! The lobby is bright & cheery, loud-as you might expect & it's full if characters you live. The rooms (family suites) are smaller than you think but are cute & kid likable. The food court was sub par & always crowded!! That stunk. Food to go was a better option for us. Take it & leave. There are healthy options. Some service / cast members could not be bothered helping with food allergies - a no no at disney... and this bothered us while one chef in particular was wonderful!! Yeah! So, in all...family, kid friendly if you don't mind crowds, noise, brightness and lines for your meals but hey your at WDW. It's new & fun. I'd prefer a more adult resort but my kids would be bored.

• Stayed October 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This was our best family vacation ever, first the hotel is brand new, so everything works perfect, in fact I had the feeling no one ever stayed at out room ever, we were at the Lion King section which were all suites with two bathrooms. A family of friends stayed at the Cars section which was a studio w/ 1bath. The decoration outside the buildings is an attarction on its own, very unique, the hotel has 3 pools, we have been to only two of them (Finding Nemo(main) and Cars). The attention to details is not only given to the decorations, we have had a cap bought at the resort shop sent together with the dirty linens by mistake by the housekeeper, we have let the staff know that when found we wanted it back but we were cool since we had a couple of days left in our stay, it was not needed to wait, as soon as I called housekeeping they have credited the value paid for the cap so we did not have to wait until it was found. The fast food restaurant was a good choice for diner too, I recommend the pizza better than the ones they slip fliers under the doors almost on a daily basis, we did not enjoy the breakfast quality though. The transportation provided to the parks makes staying at a Disney property very convenient, we have not enjoyed the extra parks hours during this stay. We will definitelly come back to this hotel in the future.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just stayed at the new Disney Art of Animation Resort. We stayed in the Lion King Suite and it was very cute. The three year old loved the fact that The Lion King was there when you pulled the "table bed" down. We have only stayed at value resorts and this is the third one we have stayed at. I have previously complained about the thin walls at the other two resorts but I now take all that back and go on record as saying this place is NOT for people with infants who sleep lightly or for adults who want to sleep at all! At 7:30 AM housekeeping was vacuuming and talking so loudly that it was impossible for anyone in the room to sleep any later than they start working. Then you could hear them arguing among themselves then one morning sounded like they were having a big party they were so loud. At 8:00 AM you could hear them knocking on doors and hollering "housekeeping" they never tried to be quite at all. If you get in very late from the park you would like for the children to sleep a while so as not to be so ill for the day ahead at the park. I will take a plain room without an inside corridor any day, especially when housekeeping is so loud.
The food court was so crowded as everyone was staying at the new resort and for the life of me I don't know why it was so crowded because it was the worst food ever. Pop Century has much better food so because of the crowds we walked across the bridge and ate several times at Pop Century. So from now on or at least until the new wears off and hopefully they change the food, we will go back to Pop Century.
We did enjoy the week and the place is cute but would do it different if I could do over and save my money and go to Pop Century where the lines are shorter and the food is much better. I chalk this trip up to lesson learned. I will never say a bad thing about Pop Century again!

Room Tip: Room was never really cool, summer may be a bad time for a room with controlled air such as these ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Art of Animation Resort? Share your experiences!